3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   how rapidly did you lose in the first week? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/189381-how-rapidly-did-you-lose-first-week.html)

zephyr524 01-02-2010 07:27 AM

how rapidly did you lose in the first week?

My first weigh in was on Monday so it's not been quite a week yet and I'm already down 5.6 lbs. I know your only suppose to lose 1-2 lbs a week and that was my goal so I was suprised to see this much of a drop this morning.

I'm not exercising like crazy or really lowing my cals. Just making better choices. Here is a typical day for me NOW:

Breakfast: oatmeal and hot tea both with sugar and milk
snack: fruit
lunch: either turkey(leftover) sandwhich or salad
snack: either fruit or a veggie
dinner: something like or portion control if it's not so "good"
snack: yoplait whip yogurt
DRINKS: I've been drinking either water or lightly sweetened iced tea.

Exercise: either 2 mile WATP or 30 minutes on the elliptical

Does this seem like a reasonable day or should I up my food intake?

Gracie789 01-02-2010 08:59 AM

Doesn't sound unhealthy at all to me. The weight usually comes off fast at first (it's mostly water weight). After the first week or two I think you'll find you lose a little less per week. Don't worry about it. You're doing great! :cheer3:

Aurora 01-02-2010 09:59 AM

I lost 7 in the first week, and 14 in the first month. Then I was averaging 1.5 lbs a week, then 1 lb, then 1/2 lb, now I'm stuck.

Enjoy the quick loss while it lasts - you are off to a great start!!!

LBLAZY 01-02-2010 10:00 AM

That's perfectly normal. You're kind of waking up your body, especially if you've been eating unhealthy/not exercising, and then go into a new lifestyle change. I lost 6.5 lbs my first week....I felt like I was on the biggest loser lol.

IrishRose 01-02-2010 10:01 AM

Oh man there's nothing like that first week.
I lost like 8 pounds my first week.
And after years of on and off again dieting I have accepted that is pretty normal to drop a bunch the first week.
Enjoy it while it lasts!

Mikan 01-02-2010 11:12 AM

I have dieted once last summer, and then just starting a couple weeks ago I did my diet again. Each of the first weeks 8 lbs seems to just come right off. However, I noticed my measurements are pretty much the same. Eating less seems to encourage less sodium, therefore what others say is true- your losing mostly water weight. After that, your body seems to easily let go of some weight at first. Be prepared though, don't freak out if some weeks you don't even see a pound come off or plateu. Just stick with it and don't give up.

sun 01-02-2010 11:25 AM

Yeah I lost alot the first week and then it evened out. Actually it dropped fast and then I was struggling to keep it off and keep going.

thinnerbyjuly 01-02-2010 11:29 AM

I haven't quite got a week in yet but between Dec 26 and Jan 1 I lost 6.4 lbs. Wow was I full of water!

starfishkitty 01-02-2010 11:34 AM

Well, I lost 12 my first month! Man that was awesome. :)

I'd throw in some extra veggies in there if you can... not only are they low calorie but they're also great in fiber and very filling! Not to mention all those lovely nutrients... ;)

Keep up the good work! :)

Feral 01-02-2010 11:42 AM

This is most def. normal. There really isn't much to say because everyone covered it. You will normally see big losses the first week or two... and then sometimes with water retention and especially TOM you will get stuck and then see a big WHOOSH again after it passes (but still not as much as you do the first week).

CONGRATS!

zephyr524 01-03-2010 07:48 AM

Well..after 7 days I'm almost 7lbs down 6.6 to be exact. Even though most of it or all of it's just water weight I'm still stoked and super excited to keep going!! My clothes are fitting a little better and I definately don't feel as bloated as before. So Yay!! :carrot:

Thanks again ladies!!

MindiV 01-03-2010 08:50 AM

I didn't lose a pound. In fact I gained five the first month before I lost anything...

SoulSurvivor 01-03-2010 09:03 AM

The first time i lost weight it literally took me a month to see any differences on the scale. But this time I lost 8lbs in my first week. Good on you and keep it up x x

Aclai4067 01-03-2010 02:06 PM

on my various different starts i've lost anywhere from 4-10 lbs. It levels out to a healthy rate after the 3rd week or so.

ibcnuldu 01-03-2010 02:40 PM

I lost 4 lbs my first week on Weight Watchers. A lot of it is water :)

StephanieM 01-03-2010 02:51 PM

I lost weight slowly at first and was stuck at 187, but when I ramped up my dieting and started working out more, I lost 5 of it in that one week.

I've gotten down to 179, but now I'm stuck at 181. Gotta get it going again if I want to see the 170's.

CollegeGirl 01-03-2010 05:43 PM

I think I lost about 7 pounds my first week, I was thinking "this is EASY" lol how wrong I was...