Old 12-30-2009, 12:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I come here. I don't have anyone either--my hubby supports me but has always been pretty fit. I love the support here--there are answers here too from credible sources. Maybe you could post an ad in a community website for a workout partner or something.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:46 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 133/132/118

Height: 5'4"

I feel very alone in my weight loss. I think that is why it is hard for me. When i lived in the states i had lots of girlfriends and could talk about weight and diet plans. Plus my mother has been on a "Program" since i was born, so we would talk about weight alot. In high school my best GF and i lost 50 pounds together.

Now I live abroad. In the community i live in there are mostly men. I really have no one to talk to about anything womanly. I live with my BF and another guy who insist on having junk food around (doesn't really tempt me, but would rather not have it around!) and all night beer fests. I don't mind it, but they make fun of me when i look at diet web sites, and get on me if they don't think i am eating enough. I guess this is why i love a community like this...finally have a place to talk to women!
maenad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:27 AM   #18  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayla View Post
I talk about weight loss all the time with just about everyone I'm close to. It's a huge part of my life and when people ask me how things have been weight loss is bound to come up. My best friend is trying to lose weight as well so we talk about food and fitness often. I am starting to feel like people are sick of it though, and they do seem to feel guilty when they are making poor food choices around me.

I also have friends that are starting to avoid me because we used to go out to eat all te time and now I don't want to eat out as much. Sometimes I do wish I had people around me that were more into fitness so i at least had someone to go to the gym with.
I also wish that I had someone to go to the gym with me at times. Some of the other members do it and they go on treadmill or whatever and chat right through the workout lol lol Im a social person so I guess this is why I feel this way.
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:32 AM   #19  
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
I come here. I don't have anyone either--my hubby supports me but has always been pretty fit. I love the support here--there are answers here too from credible sources. Maybe you could post an ad in a community website for a workout partner or something.
I dont really mind the working out part. I mean it would be great to have someone but I can live without having a partner I mainly take group workout classes. I sometimes want to take to people whom are trying to lose and have some of the same issues idk its weird. Im a social person talking about things always make me feel better. This site is great as well but I often wish some of you guys were in my inner circle lol
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:36 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 155/155/115

Height: 4'11"

I feel the same way you do. With the exception of one friend none of them are overweight. My hubby is supoprtive but, he has never been overweight and can eat all the sweets he wants. Since I do most of the grocery shopping it's easy for me to keep healthy options stocked. I do still have to buy junk food for DH to eat though. I try to buy the things that I do not like..haha!

It does get lonely but, I just figure I am doing this for me. I'm glad I found this forum though so hopefully I can get to know everyone here and have some one to "talk" to when I need it.
NCSmasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:40 PM   #21  

Height: 5'11

I find this EXTREMELY hard because I still live at home with a house full of bad decisions. Being from the south everything is fried or buttered to the max. It has been extremely hard for me doing this alone when my whole family is gaining. I have tried to convince to get them eating healthy but they don't really want a part of it and my dad finds anything about weightloss "disgusting." (Even though hes the only one who is not overweight but by no means is he healthy) My younger sister and her husband and baby live with us too and she just recently found out shes pregnant again and she eats every 10minutes. Its torture to see everyone eating all this fattening fried food when im eating nothing other than a chicken breast and some broccoli sans butter. My mother thinks that butter or cheese needs to be on every vegetable she serves.. Whats the point in that? 3fc and my bf is all the support I get. My family just tells me "Were always going to be big" well I hate to break it to them but I'm not going to be big anymore. Im going to be happy with myself at whatever cost.

Last edited by PammyFl; 12-30-2009 at 02:41 PM.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:52 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

You know, actually, all of a sudden I feel like I have so many people around me who HAVE lost weight or are currently losing weight. It's kind of odd.
When I started out, I was pretty much alone. I go to college in Hawaii but grew up in Michigan. While at college I started losing weight, and the only person I knew who'd talked about weight loss was a friend who'd always been a healthy BMI but was trying to shed vanity pounds (don't get me wrong, that's actually where I'm at right now, I'm just saying that it's a different experience than being overweight or obese). So I was alone. Then my friend Katie saw I was losing weight. She wanted to too. She wasn't able to before, but this summer she finally was able to and she's lost 35 pounds since then. I haven't seen her since May but will see her again in January, so it'll be nice to have a weight loss buddy in Hawaii.
And now my roommate AND her friend Asia want to lose weight. @_@ I'm hoping I didn't start a trend here.
But in Michigan there's TONS of friends who've done weight loss. In my family alone we have several relatives (including my dad!) who have maintained substantial losses for years now. I have two friends who have lost weight and kept it off for several years. And one or two who are losing now.
Mostly, I've met a lot of maintainers. They say that most dieters gain their weight back... this doesn't seem to be the case in my circle, though.
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote