Old 12-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 238/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Good luck on your weight-loss journey! I'm also a mother, but I just have one...a 5-year old. However, I lost my baby weight and then gained everything back, so I can't really say it's baby weight now...haha! But since I've always been overweight, I never considered it that anyway. Looking forward to getting to know you better!
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:17 PM   #17  

Welcome! I'm brand new myself. We can do it!
vanillatwilight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:11 AM   #18  
Still pushing to ultimate

S/C/G: 153/CT/135

Height: 5'6

Welcome and good luck to you...take it all in there is a lot of advice here
bablou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #19  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

I'm really excited to have found this site. There seems to be alot of great support!

Sun~ My day yesterday and the day before were really good. I think I ate really well and exercised both days. Although, yesterday was really difficult for me because I was so tired last night but I did it and I felt great that I did!! I've got to try to get my workout in this afternoon before work because my hubby and I are going out for dinner. Thankfully it's Olive Garden and I've already got soup and salad in mind. I love having that there!!
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:51 PM   #20  
sun

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Sweet deal! I have been so Psyched about reaching my first mini goal of 20 lbs. I have added a mile and a half of walking to my half an hour of bodyweight exercises. great going with exercising even when you were tired. I think it shows great commitment. Enjoy your night out. Check in later.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:44 PM   #21  
so close I can feel it!

How ya doing Sun? I think adding the walking will really help you out! I love walking, it really helps to releave the stress of being a mom and wife and just responsibilty in general. I haven't walked much lately though because it's been so cold out here!! Do you have any goals for the new year?

I really enjoyed my night out!! I got home from work and relaxed awhile while waiting for my hubby to get home from work and then we headed out to Olive Garden. I love the soup and salad deal there...so yummy!!

I hope you have a good day/night tomorrow!!
Old 12-31-2009, 03:42 PM   #22  
sun

hey Zephyr525,

Hmmm sounds like you had a nice night out I started out my journey with walking and then took a month break. I like to change it up from month to month otherwise I get bored. I agree it really is a stress reliever. My goal for the New Year is to try and get as many lbs off my the end of the month. Shooting high for 10 just so I push myself. What about you?

It just so slow sometimes and I really don't recognize the person in the mirror sometimes. My daughter was born in 2008 in Sept and she has a lot of issues due to medical negligance and so I just was so lost in the struggle for her life and the resulting brain damage I let myself get sooo big. I am stress eater adn its so fustrating now when I see this huge amount that has to be lost to get to where I was. Ah well I know I am making progess and I am happy to have the support of friends and family and you
Today's exercise done! What do you do for exercise?

Last edited by sun; 01-02-2010 at 12:55 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:35 PM   #23  
so close I can feel it!

That's a good goal for the new year. I keep trying to think of some goals to set for myself but I'm just at a loss as what to chose. I think I'm just going to focus on eating healthier at home and not as much out at fast food.

I understand what it's like to look in the mirror and not recognize the person in the mirror. I really struggle with my self image. I hate the way I look and have tried many times last year to get my weight down and just the opposite happens. This time is going to be different!!!

I'm sorry you have such a hard time with your daughter. I can't imagine how hard it is to deal with the issues you do.

For exercise I am doing either Walk away the pounds or my eliptical with a book to read. I love to read and it makes the time go faster one the eliptical when I've got a book. Great job on getting todays exercise done! I still have mine to do. It snowed this morning so I think I'm just going to shovel for my workout tonight..
Old 12-31-2009, 04:45 PM   #24  
sun

hey shoveling is hard work! and eating healthy is a major goal with so much work. so that is a lovely one

Old 01-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #25  
so close I can feel it!

Turns out I didn't shovel after all because when my hubby got home he walked outside and told me he'd finish the shoveling. I didn't a little thoug and then did 30 minutes on the elliptical. I weighed myself yesterday morning and today and didn't lose or gain anything! I'm excited about that. The worst thing I ate last night was shrimp and cocktail sauce which has lots of sodium in it!

So how was your night? Did you have any yummy food to eat? Happy New Year!

Last edited by zephyr524; 01-01-2010 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #26  
sun

hahaha silly husbands always messing up the plan! lol. I didn't do anything for New Year I was tired and went to bed. My hubby had to work. Upside was I ate nothing bad Well I am struggling with getting up in the morning and working out. My daughter is on a feeding pump so I am always waking up to do what needs to be done with that and then she has troubled sleep and constantly needs to be readjusted so I end up with enough sleep but not feeling like it. Then I wake up and drag my feet and end up wasting so much time in the morning doing what I shouldn't and exercise late and have breakfast late. Very fustrating. as my husband is a pilot he is gone for days at a time and so no help in that department. Agh! I feel really annoyed right now. Well I guess I better go and drag myself to my exercise mat. hah
Yeah I know what you mean I love when the scale doesn't move! its great. soon it will start going down what is the deal with sodium? i never heard of watching your sodium intake before. what does that accomplish ? ok here I go...bye and good luck today make good choices!

Old 01-01-2010, 11:13 AM   #27  
so close I can feel it!

I believe that sodium makes you retain water which will make the scale go up.. plus to much salt isn't good for you. I'm not sure of all the reasons why but I just know that it isn't..blood pressure maybe?

I can understand how hard it is to take care of yourself when your so exhausted from taking care of your daughter. Seems like your doing something right though since you've already lost 20lbs! Your doing a great job both for yourself and for your daughter! Keep it up and if you ever get to frustrated with things and need to vent..my ears are always open!
Old 01-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #28  
sun

Thanks for letting me vent. Once I got it out I kicked my butt into gear and got the day started! Bodyweight exercises done! Walking after lunch my daughter is so happy today. Its a great start to the new year!

Old 01-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #29  
so close I can feel it!

how old is your daughter? I'm glad that's she's happy today! Nothing can kill a mood like a cranky child or two or three( in my case) I've got 3 kids..2 boys and a girl. They keep me busy!!
Old 01-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #30  
sun

ah three is a nice number she is almost 16 months she is a very happy baby normally...its just hard for her with all her issues.