3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   **Weekly Chat Dec 21 to Dec 27** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/188482-%2A%2Aweekly-chat-dec-21-dec-27%2A%2A.html)

forestroad 12-21-2009 09:28 AM

**Weekly Chat Dec 21 to Dec 27**

Good morning chickies,
Hope everyone had a nice weekend--I missed checking in with you but had a very nice relaxing time with my bf. Eating was not so good, but I WILL eat healthfully during xmas.
Hope all you mid-atlantic types weren't too screwed by the weather--I'm really jealous; I wish we'd get some of that up here.

HaleyisLove 12-21-2009 10:08 AM

Ugh the drive to work was horrible... these people didnt even shovel their driveway... yet expected me to come here? what kind of sense does that make?

Anyways I have gained like 10 pounds in the past week... lovely just lovely... and I hope its all gone by Christmas or I'm starving myself til New Years....Supposedly Americans gain an average of ten pounds between Thanksgiving and the New Year... I believe it...

Forest- you can have all of this snow... I dont want it anymore

stellarosa27 12-21-2009 10:14 AM

Forest - glad to hear you had a good time with your bf :)

Haley - These idiots in my apartment complex didn't clean off or around their cars, they just figured they'd rev the engines - and then they all got stuck. I got in my car at 7:30 and got to work at 8:15, not because there was traffic, but because I sat in my car until 8 while these morons unstuck their cars. Driving to work was actually kind of awesome, no one was on the road.

Icon - one of the lead statisticians on my team (he's about 30) has a pair of those wheeley sneakers. I keep begging him to wear them to work, but he's afraid he'll fall.

I GOT TO LEAVE MY APARTMENT TODAY - SO HAPPY. I go a little crazy in confined spaces and I tend to eat a lot. I didn't weigh myself this morning - since I got here early I'm leaving work at 4:45 and heading to the gym, where I will do C25K Week 3, Day 3 and then go spinning. The sun seems to be shining brightly, so hopefully a lot of this mess will melt and I can take major highways back home and avoid freezing roads.

I have all healthy stuff today - blueberries, cherries, peppers, cucumbers, oh, and baked ziti, but that's the last of it and its the batch with less cheese, so I estimate its about 250 calories worth - not bad. :)

HaleyisLove 12-21-2009 10:28 AM

Stella it took the dad an hour to get out of here because he kept getting stuck because he didnt shovel his driveway... I'm like fabulous how do you expect me to get home tonight... I cant wait to go to the gym... I've missed it soooo much... but only work three days this week and then I'm off til the Monday after New Years

Feral 12-21-2009 11:37 AM

Morning Ladies!!!!

Hooray for a 3.5 lb loss! :) I'm 4 lbs away from wonderland.... I feel like I haven't seen it in so long but it's really only been a few months. I'm really hoping I could be at least 199 by NYE, but I think that's really pushing it. A girl could hope though.

Forest -- glad to hear you're having fun with the bf! I'm sure he's glad to be back in town with you!

Haley - there's NO way you could've gained 10 lbs in the past week. Chin up!

Stella - Hooray for getting out of the house!

I'm at work. Hardly anyone is here. We didn't have the internet for a while... stupid server. I forgot my lunch at home so I'm hungry. Big no no I know! I'm going to leave at 12 instead of 1 so that I don't try to dig into all the candy still laying around here or get tempted by fast food. I have to go by the movie theatre to pick up gift cards for my parents (the LAST present present I have to buy). I need to find some stocking stuffers for the family....

So get this. I'm getting BFF an ipod classic for his bday in January (after much debate, thank you Stella.... and a few other friends). I checked around online and every where was $245 except for Walmart. They had it online for 229 but were out of stock. I go to Walmart, in store its $245... the guy tells me they CANNOT price match their own online store? WTF. So I told him I was going to Best Buy and marched my happy butt out of there. Go to Best Buy... they price matched it. WOOT WOOT!!!! I thought that was really strange though.

Hope everyone has a good day.

stellarosa27 12-21-2009 12:25 PM

/foodgasm

I'm a hungry hungry hippo lately - and I had my pasta - and I was still like FEED ME - so my friend was like well, I have a whole container of soup from Whole Foods - its 3 servings, so do you want some? Ladies, it was the best soup I've ever had. Its tomato basil risotto - its not CREAMY - its just thick from all the vegetables in it. My stomach has finally calmed down.

I want to know how to make this...

iwannalose92 12-21-2009 12:33 PM

Oh lordyyy I had such a rough weekend! I still ate on track, but I haven't been to the gym for the past two days. I broke my mom's baby toe by accident :( well, it wasn't really my fault but we collided. We went to the hospital (lolol I know for a pinky toe) but it was at like a 90 degree angle, they had to set it back in place and I could hear the bone pop! I feel SO bad, cause my mom is really worried she won't continue losing weight. We always go to the gym together, and we decided we're gonna keep going and she's just gonna take it easy.

I still feel so bad though :(

Feral- thats so dumb about wal mart! but at least you got it at a good price at best buy!

stella- that soup sounds delicious, was it store bought or home made?

forestroad 12-21-2009 12:46 PM

wannalose- :( that really sucks--hope it heals soon.

stella- that sounds delcious!

feral- lol that is messed up that best buy would match the walmart price and not Walmart! I just got a classic bc it was more important to me to be able to have all my music on the thing than to be able to touch the screen. I just got a nano for my dad. He's sooo hard to shop for and will probably send it back, but I'm going to try and get him to try it since it would be perfect for him--I think he'd use the fm radio and video camera more than the mp3 player on it lol.

haley- i feel your pain on the massive holiday weight gain front. i'm going to assess the damage this afternoon and recommit.

HaleyisLove 12-21-2009 12:53 PM

I want to be locked in a closet and be fed six small meals a day...therefore I have no control and I wont have access to cookies :) I think this is a fabulous plan for weight loss... I could buy a hotel and just lock people in there for a few months and control everything...they would love me... all the famous Hollywood actresses would come to me for my sweet weight loss skills... they would only be allowed out to exercise haha... A girl can dream cant she?

stellarosa27 12-21-2009 01:27 PM

Haley - I would so come to that hotel.

Wanna - it was store bought from Whole Foods.

jazzang 12-21-2009 02:33 PM

Mary - We miss you too! Have fun skiing, i'm jealous that you get to go in all that powder!!!!! Oh man. What I would give to ride in powder. We dont have powder in socal, we have man made slushy junk that turns into a solid block at about 2:30 pm each day. Can you say bruises? Anyways, don't die out there!!

Feral - I'm so glad you are loving SBD!!! I am gonna hop back to P1 on jan 1, because it really does kill the cravings completely... and I'll need that because there will be leftovers around from all the holiday stuff. And I don't need to be stuffing my face with them!! CONGRATS on the loss. keep it up!!! And yay for price matching lol

Icon - Oooh i just saw that you are in new zealand!! that means today is the first day of summer for you, right? Ha that's so cool!!! Lol, i'm a nerd. Those roller shoes annoy the heck out of me too.... hehe

Haley - I would be first in line at your hotel. Actually, probably 2nd, because Stella already beat me, hehe. It could be like fitness ridge for the biggest loser. Don't feel bad if there's a gain... it is the holidays after all! We will all be working our tails off together in full force come January :D Hooray for having work off til jan too, that's a pretty sweet gig. Minus the driveway full of snow...

Stella - can you send me a cup of soup? thanks ;)

stellarosa27 12-21-2009 03:49 PM

Jess - I wish I could ship food, if I could, Icon would have pumpkin pie by now.

Mary - I hope you're having fun! Boys are stupid.

I really wish I could go to "fat camp" as they call it - but I don't a) have the money, b) know if those things actually lend themselves to maintenance.

I just got my christmas bonus - woo hoo :)

I may treat myself to this: http://slimages.macys.com/is/image/M...0.5,0&fmt=jpeg

I usually don't like Coach, but this is SO cute, and I just got a 4.0 for the semester. My friend is like DO IT !!!

HaleyisLove 12-21-2009 03:59 PM

I love coach so I say DO IT :) I own way too many coach bags... but hey it happens

I want to go to fat camp too... actually I just want to get out of this house... and I dont want to be tempted by cookies, chips, cake, bacon...all that good stuff

stellarosa27 12-21-2009 04:22 PM

I often wonder how much weight I'd lose if I cut out chocolate completely. And then I think - yes, but that's a life I don't want to live.

Feral 12-21-2009 04:24 PM

Stella - I don't normally like Coach either but that is a cool purse!!! Go for it!

Haley - I would join your hotel too. I think you may be on to something here.

So apparently I'm just having a crappy day.... don't even want to get into the movie theatre fiasco (that actually started last weekend). I'll just leave it at I ended up calling the DM because of customer NO-service.

Then I had a dentist appointment. I'm 26 years old... I've NEVER had a cavity. I had a few problems when I was younger. Had to get a baby tooth extracted.... had to have a gum graph done on my lower gum (outside, below my front bottom teeth) but that was the extent of it.

Well, today the hygienist is cleaning my teeth and then proceeded to FREAK ME the F#&k out because I have a periodontal pocket. She went and got the dentist and I was literally almost in tears because I didn't know what the heck they were talking about and I was overwhelmed and of course I'm thinking my teeth are about to fall out. The dentist explained that a periodontal pocket is basically where your gums start to recede/pull away from the tooth and can eventually cause MAJOR problems including your tooth/teeth falling out. Then he asked me if I was diabetic.. which I'm not. Then asks the last time I had a physical. I guess it's more rare in younger people so he was saying it COULD be an indicator but he's not saying it is for sure. They recommended me to a periodontist and were trying to get him to see me TODAY because the area is irritated and he wanted the other doctor to see it, but they were closed. I called my mom and told her... she got me an appointment tomorrow with another doctor I saw (the guy that did my gum graph years ago).

To top it off I had to call and schedule a colposcopy at the lady doctor because my pap smear came back abnormal.

I'M FREAKING FALLING APART!!!!

/rant