Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 10:13 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 165/---/148

Hey guys! Happy Holidays!

Trying to stay on track.. It's tough. I'll be posting here more soon this week!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #77  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Hey ladies! I love all of the pictures and Christmas cheer! I actually managed to get all of my knitting and wrapping done before 11:30pm on Christmas eve, which was a first. Our day was awesome, and we had a really yummy dinner (I indulged a bit much in the squash which was made with full fat butter and brown sugar - I'm determined to make that delicious dish healthier) annnnd dessert was REALLY good... a little TOO good for me. I was good with my pumpkin pie - only had a sliver, buuuut we got these delicious cookies from Costco and they were perfectly soft and I had about 6 of them aaauuugghhh! And I had a spiked eggnog, and an amaretto with milk.

Soooo, I'm am NOT stepping on the scale today (brand new, my aunt got me one like my mom's for Christmas so I can stop waiting for my parents to get up!!!!)

My friends are coming over tonight, but I am going to do some kickbutt workouts before they come over! Now that I'm single I'm determined to look extra hot on New Year's Eve and make my New Year's Goal! (which is hopefully still 3lbs away... stupid cookies)
Old 12-26-2009, 09:49 AM   #78  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

Hey Ladies!

Checking in to see how everyone did yesterday.

Mary
- Its Christmas. Don't beat yourself up, just remember today is NOT Christmas and you don't continue to have the luxuries you did yesterday. I'm glad you got all of your presents finished! Sounds like you were very busy and had a great day yesterday!

I didn't do TOOOOOO horribly yesterday. I did have 2 pieces of my moms dressing. Yum! And a slice of her carrot cake (sugar overload)... and then went to my best friend's family's Christmas day dinner last night where I was "forced" into eating and then we stayed up late drinking. I'm pretty sure coconut rum is a no no, but at least it was with a diet coke... and then there were those 2 jager bombs, but IT WAS CHRISTMAS!!! LOL

Have a great day everyone!

Oh -- and my other best friend asked me if he could take me on a date the next time he sees me. He's currently residing in Florida. I didn't want to say anything before because his divorce is waiting to be finalized. Now he's just waiting on formalities of having to see a judge which he hasn't been able to do yet because of the holidays. His wife had 20 days to respond to the papers (uncontested) which was Dec 24th. So... now he's just got to show up in front a judge.... but I won't be seeing him any time soon, and the rule was I absolutely WILL NOT go on a date until his divorce is final. SO yeahhhh.... WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Old 12-26-2009, 09:58 AM   #79  
Mary

Feral - Ooooh, is that your Christmas surprise! That's a pretty good rule to have lol. Good luck with him! I... opened up my account on the dating site I'm on again and I was able to update all of my pictures because I haven't been on since I was 222lb, sooo I got a LOT of views and messages. Unfortunately, they're all pretty much d-bags :[ I hate this part - looking lol. And the problem is that I kind of like one of my new friends and we've gotten really close over the last month, and he likes me too and we've both thought about it, but I don't want to risk our friendship. Oiiiiiii boys. Lol
Old 12-26-2009, 10:10 AM   #80  
Old Skool Breakbeat Junky

S/C/G: 208/181.2/150

Height: 5'6''

LOL Yeah Mary that was the surprise.... unfortunately he spilled the beans a few months ago. It was just a little complicated and his almost ex wife is slightly psychotic... like seriously... and I didn't want to put something up online and then have her see it somehow (really don't put much past her) and it be some big thing. We've been best friends for 7 years this January and when they were still together she would always say hateful things and throw in some crap about "well, what are you going to do if I leave you, have her take care of you?!" and there was NEVER, EVER, EVER anything going on. I never looked at him like that... she WAS a friend and I had an extreme amount of respect for both of them. Even when he told me he had feelings for me (btw - they have been separated for a year) I was weirded out at first because of that level of respect I've always carried for them.

But... he is AWESOME! And as he says it's the same friendship... just set on fire.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #81  
Jess is losing it!

S/C/G: 189/159/129

Height: 5'3"

Friendship set on fire... how romantic! hehe! That is great news Feral, I'm very happy for you. Keep us updated of course.

Mary - you already do look hot, so don't worry yourself too much about losing 3 pounds in the next 6 days!!! You are going to look absolutely fabulous at your party, even if it was gonna be tomorrow night!

I'm not gonna lie, I pigged out yesterday!!!! I ate pumpkin muffins and mashed potatoes and apple pie! The rest was healthy food though, egg souffle in the morning, turkey and green beans at dinner, so it could have been a LOT worse.

I weighed myself yesterday and today and both days were 180.0. So far so good!!! I'm definitely going to come out of December with a loss (considering I started it at 185), and I'm hoping that I can even come out of the week between christmas and new years with a loss as well!! Even if it's only down to 179.0... that would be awesome, cuz that's my first mini-goal!
Old 12-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #82  
Mary

Jess - You can totally make it!
Old 12-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #83  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

I pigged out yesterday AND Christmas Eve, but today I spent the entire day teaching 5 year olds how to ski, and tomorrow is more of the same. It burns a bajillion calories bc they're usually too new to go on the lift, so it's hours of climbing up the hill and squatting down to their level and lifting them up and skating on the flats, and it's generally just a lot more work than you'd think it'd be. I had the last lesson of the day today too so I was the last instructor out there...I just got out of the tub and am putting my feet up for the rest of the night
Old 12-26-2009, 10:06 PM   #84  
Mary

Forest - Whew! Sounds like a workout! We're hoping to get up to the mountains again before or after New Years. My friend is going to teach me to snowboard.

I just got my new digital scale all ready for weigh in tomorrow! I weighed myself on my mom's scale (175.5 - hopefully less tomorrow because I did much better today!) and then on my scale (174.8 - yay, but I know it's not an instant loss). I don't know which one is more accurate since they're both digital. If it makes a difference, my new one is much closer to the ground - my mom's has thick bars that it stands on. I'm excited though because this scale doesn't just do half pound increments, it does 0.2lb increments!
Old 12-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #85  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

My downfall is cookies. I love cookies. lovelovelovelovelove

My sister makes these cheesecake cookies - they're thumbprints with cheesecake in the middle instead of jelly. Well, the good news is they're almost gone. Christmas Eve I had a lot of cookies, but Christmas day I didn't really have dessert - but I had a LOT of shrimp. Today I worked out, but again, the cookies. We went to the cheesecake factory, and I had the artichoke and weight management chicken (honestly its so good) and I didn't eat the whole thing - but then I had some cheesecake. We split it and didn't even finish it, but it can't be good.

Tomorrow I'll be better. I can't weigh myself until Tuesday when I get back to MD, and TOM is coming, so god knows how much of this is bloating.

BUT I went shopping at Express today and bought a bunch of cute stuff and 2 possible nye dresses (which brings my outfit possibilities up to 4) and then I bought these kick *** shoes. When I get back to MD, pictures will be posted.

Good job to the rest of you
Old 12-27-2009, 01:05 AM   #86  
Jess is losing it!

Today was really hard!!! I spent the day with my besties.... and spent it playing the willpower game. I had a healthy breakfast, and took a baggie of leftover turkey breast-meat with me to munch on. By the time i made it back home we had gone out to get frozen yogurt AND visited my friend's house to see her new kitten, where she insisted we each have a slice of cake. But the fro-yo place is one that charges by weight and you just serve yourself, and mine was only 88 cents! at 24 cents an ounce, that means i had less than 4 oz of froyo, so not bad at all. And I even resisted the toppings! Then came the cake.... but I asked her to cut me a mini slice, and thankfully she did (it was quite small ) Went home and cooked up some chicken and green beans for dinner, so it's all good in the end!!

Somewhat nervous for tomorrow's weigh-in... but i did ride my parent's recumbent bike this morning! As much as i hate those things...
Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #87  
Mary

Stella and Jess - Cookies and cake and ice cream - gets me every time! Don't worry, you both worked out, and even if there's water retention you know you can get back down again! Stay positive!

I'm 0.6lbs away from my New Year's goal! What a nice surprise, thank you body Scratch that, I still had to go apparently - 171.8!!! Beat the New Year's goal!

So, I kind of compartmentalized when my boyfriend dumped me and my friends came over last night and my best friend brought the guy she's seeing and she always has to be wrapped around him and they kiss and what-not and it's really cute, but it kind of put me in a sad mood yesterday because I don't miss my jerk of an ex, BUT I do miss the cuteness of being in a relationship and sneaking kisses and cuddling. And I haaaaate being back on the dating scene. And what sucks is that now I'm the only not single friend (aside from the guy that I like that likes me, but the friendship is too new to risk it) and I won't have anyone to kiss at midnight!

Last edited by platformnine; 12-27-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:41 AM   #88  
Jess is losing it!

I did it I did it!! 179.0!!! yay!!!! *does happy dance*

I reached my first mini-goal of losing 10 pounds! And to boot, I did it during the holidays!!

Congrats Mary!!!!!!!! And try not to be sad... today is happy day!!!! Try to just enjoy being single with your new hot self I have 50 lbs more I want to lose, and I think you do to, but your ticker is confusing me now, lol! Anyways, you are like my weight loss mentor... lets DO this!!!!

Last edited by jazzang; 12-27-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #89  
Mary

Yay Jess, CONGRATS!!! !!! We totally can do this, anyone can! I do still have like 50 to go, my ticker has my original goal so that when I get to my new goal it will say I've lost 8lbs past my goal LOL is that silly? The winter season has only just started, there's lots of snowboarding for us to do! I'm excited because I might reach my Valentine's day goal (169) early!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #90  
Jess is losing it!

I bet you will reach your valentines goal by new years. I think your weight is coming off quicker than you initially planned, so maybe you should reset your goals if you have them associated with dates. My valentines goal is 169, which i think is very realistic and do-able!
Closed Thread