Sometimes, it's the little things. - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 12-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: Before:201 Now:178 Goal: 150

Height: 5'1

Default Sometimes, it's the little things.

I've been at this weight loss for 3 months, but just got serious in the past 2 months or so. I've got 11 less pounds to show for it, and I'm getting much better at being happy and going out on the weekends, and still being good.

Still, although the numbers are going down pretty consistently at about 2 lbs. per week, I'm not noticing much of a physical change get.

So, imagine my surprise when I stepped in front of the mirror this morning, and saw my COLLARBONES STARTING TO APPEAR!!!

It's faint. But I saw some shadows that were never there before...and upon closer examination concluded that my collarbones are starting to poke through the fat! haha!

I am soooo happy right now, much more happy than I would be with just another 2 lb loss (although that would finally put me in the 180's so that would be awesome, too!!)

What are some of the 'little things' that have kept you all going??
VarsityQuidditch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

I love this! I have a similar story only it wasn't me who noticed my collarbones, it was my Mom, and it was over a webcam while I was in South America! I didn't think any weightloss was noticeable until she pointed that out. lol

But for me personally, it was the day I noticed that my thighs barely touch anymore when I stand in front of the mirror
tonimaroni2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 01:00 AM   #3  
On the way down!

S/C/G: 226/ticker/150

Height: 5'10.75

Hmmm...Mine is on going. Like how now I can wear an occasional 8. But I think the first time I really noticed was I was in 16 jeans post loss and they were massive so my Big Sister in the sorority took me to the mall. We went to Abercrombie and Fitch. I had never been able to shop there in life before. So I got some pants, tried them on, and lo and behold. 10's. That was exciting and also began my obsession with the fact that I could now go into any store and find my size. I could now buy clothes that looked good and that I liked. Not just clothes that fit. Its funny because I went from a 16 to 10. It had never occured to me to buy new clothes in between. lol
redliss7 is offline   Reply With Quote