3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Workout buddies (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/187139-workout-buddies.html)

gasouza87 11-28-2009 07:09 PM

Workout buddies

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if anyone else is interested in a "workout buddy system".
I figured it would work something like this:

we post our stats, goals and workout style. Then we match up with someone in a similar position as us and we can email each other regularly about our daily efforts. It would REALLY help me to have someone to plan workouts with, talk about struggles, talk about accomplishments, etc.

If anyone is interested, just post your stats and we can "shop" for the person that we think would make a good buddy.

MY STATS:
weight: 166
height: 5'2"
size: 13 pant Lg shirt
workout type: @ gym: strength training, targeting core. running at 6mph working from .25 up to 2 mph in a few weeks.
@ home: running 1 mile
Body shape: apple!!!
really trying to focus on my middle. I carry all of my weight in my tummy and its frustrating!!!
GOAL WEIGHT: 130 lbs

journaling, talking to a friend, & running are the best ways for me to workout.

If anyone is of similar stats, would you like to be my workout buddy???

grace:)

Tuca125 11-28-2009 07:17 PM

I going to star exercise again , on monday or saturday . My loss Weight is slow BC I am breastfeeding a 2 months old baby.

MY STATS:
weight: 147
height: 5'2"
size: 10 pant L or M shirt
workout type: @ gym: I going to start videos at home

Body shape: apple!!!
really trying to focus on my middle. I carry all of my weight in my tummy and its frustrating!!! My two.
GOAL WEIGHT: 125 lbs

junebug41 11-28-2009 09:01 PM

FYI, there's also an exercise thread that's stickied at the top of the page if you're interested in that :)

gasouza87 11-28-2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junebug41 (Post 3027446)
FYI, there's also an exercise thread that's stickied at the top of the page if you're interested in that :)

which sticky is it? call me lame, but i can't seem to find it :P

segras04 11-30-2009 08:28 PM

gasouza.... we are close in size... i would LOVE a buddy to keep me on track... are you still interested?

5'2
size 8 pants
M shirts

goal weight for now 135 possibly more once i get there....

gasouza87 11-30-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by segras04 (Post 3029645)
gasouza.... we are close in size... i would LOVE a buddy to keep me on track... are you still interested?

5'2
size 8 pants
M shirts

goal weight for now 135 possibly more once i get there....

I am DEFINITELY interested!!!

I don't know how to private message on here, otherwise I would have.
How has your week started? I got the munchies tonight so I'm trying to be satisfied with a banana and some raisins '_'
I don't have time for the gym on Monday's, so that starts tomorrow. I'm excited and nervous.

Amba Dawn 12-01-2009 05:14 PM

I've been searching for a buddy! I had one for a little while, but I haven't heard from her in over a month :(

Stats:
Height: 5'4"
Current Weight: 160.4 lbs
Goal Weight: 130 lbs
Body Shape: Apple..ish..I think =)
Not exactly sure about my clothing sizes. My 12 pants are getting big, so I can probably wear a 10 now. All of my shirts are either XL or L...they're getting big too, so I'd say I'm a solid L, maybe some M??

Anyways..I don't really care if our stats match up perfectly. I just want a buddy to help keep me motivated..maybe give me a little friendly competition. PM me if anyone is interested!

Shelley221 12-01-2009 05:22 PM

I would love a buddy. What a great idea. I live in So Cal. I can't PM anyone yet because I haven't made the 20 days, 20 post thingy. But I'm working on it! :-)

MY STATS:
weight: 253
height: 5'8"
size: too big...
workout type: Jazzercise 4 nights a week.

Body shape: strange I know, but I look pregnant. Its all in my belly. Horrible.

GOAL WEIGHT: 149 lbs

segras04 12-01-2009 08:44 PM

gasouza i have no idea how to private message either! mondays are hard for me, i am teaching and in grad school, school ends at 3:15 and class is at 4:45 45 min away! i try my best to get a 30 min run at the gym and i was able! i munch on popcorn like its my job!

went to a spinning class tonight, something i hate to love (or love to hate, im not sure...during it i hate it afterwards i feel great!) i went out to eat with my dad though and had a teriyaki chicken sandwich, probably could have done better there!

my email is [email protected] if you want to email me, i would love a daily chat, something or someone to keep me on track!

Brandyc100 12-01-2009 09:18 PM

I know personally I would love to have a buddy that lives somewhere near me. It would be nice to have have a support system so we could drag each other to the gym. I know I can deal with letting myself down but letting someone else is different. You know?

gasouza87 12-02-2009 05:13 PM

hi ladies

I'm stoked that people are interested. I am willing to talk with anyone that wants a buddy. I cannot post my email address yet... and I cannot private message yet. (these rules are quite constricting!) If you can get a way to send me your email, do so and i'll email you.

or lets try this... its this g a s o u z a @ y a h o o . c o m (no spaces)

I went to the gym yesterday and it was HARD. I haven't gone in a few weeks (life distractions) and I am basically starting all over...AGAIN. But, I was proud that I went. Then I came home and gorged on chicken nuggets. So, today is another day.

I have zero motivation to go today...but I must to reach my goals. Ill let you ladies know how it goes O_o Happy Wednesday!

Grace

gasouza87 12-02-2009 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amba Dawn (Post 3030848)
I've been searching for a buddy! I had one for a little while, but I haven't heard from her in over a month :(

Stats:
Height: 5'4"
Current Weight: 160.4 lbs
Goal Weight: 130 lbs
Body Shape: Apple..ish..I think =)
Not exactly sure about my clothing sizes. My 12 pants are getting big, so I can probably wear a 10 now. All of my shirts are either XL or L...they're getting big too, so I'd say I'm a solid L, maybe some M??

Anyways..I don't really care if our stats match up perfectly. I just want a buddy to help keep me motivated..maybe give me a little friendly competition. PM me if anyone is interested!

I'm TOTALLY up for some friendly competition. I think it's the only way I can keep motivated (as sad as that is) email me (its in the post above) and we'll get some goals started!

-grace

akacutie 12-02-2009 06:02 PM

Pm Fyi

Hey if you guys just click on the persons name in the response- over to the left a list comes up one option is to send a PM to them... also at the top there is a link to your private messages- you can send a new message from there as well... easier to click on their name though- :D

gasouza87 12-02-2009 08:22 PM

i tried to look there, but i think im still on restriction until I post the required amount... because when I click on names all I get is three options:
view public profile
find more posts by (username)
and add (username) to your buddy list

hopefully I reach my requirement soon. I want to start talking to more people!

thanks alot though akacutie. i really appreciate the help :)

angee phalangee 12-02-2009 10:29 PM

I love this idea...I read the other thread like this one first and already sent all of my info to her. Hopefully we can combine these two and all get buddies :)