Old 11-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 242/187/150

Height: 5'9"

Default Back on the wagon.

Hi everyone!! I'm just looking to re introduce myself and hopefully get some motivation from all you wonderful ladies!

I used to use 3fc quite frequently about a year ago. I lost about 26lbs in the fall of last year, and since gained about 8 of that back. I guess I'm thankful I didn't gain it all back!!

I recently ended a 5 year relationship with my bf & I'm just feeling slouchy and gross. I feel like I don't "look" like I'm ready to get back into the dating scene! I need a definite change!

I'm counting calories, which has worked out well for me in the past. But my biggest problem is working out. I'm soooo lazy, I just never feel like doing it!

So I hope getting back into 3fc and making some new friends will keep me on track. Afterall no one wants to be the only one not losing any weight every week! I just need something to keep me accountable for my actions everyday!!

....I'm glad to get this journey started again, & I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
QTestRDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #2  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

well, Im always falling off the wagon and getting back on, so don't feel bad. and as for the ending a relationship that long, I know it must have been hard, but from what your avvie pic tells me your beautiful and let me tell you, I don't think you'll have a hard time at all jumping back into the dating game!

as for working out, what do you enjoy to do? like running, walking riding your bike, I found ou that if I enjoy what i do as far as working out, then I'll work out long and more often. just find something you like to do and stick with that!!

and welcome back to the board!!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #3  

Aww thanks for the compliment Mickeypnd!

As for working out, here is my problem, I just feel sooooo outta shape that I hate it all! When I was around 19/20 I was in good shape, I did pilates regurlarly & I could go to the gym hop on the eliptical and go for at least an hour! ...Now I feel like I'm huffing and puffing after 10 minutes. ...I would love to run, I've always wanted to be one of those people that could take off on a nice day and go for a run. But I'm so out of shape now, I'm almost at a loss for how to start building up my cardio endurance, and muscle strength again.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

congrats on keeping most of the weight off! that can be one of the hardest parts.. good luck with all of your goals!!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Welcome back! I've only been here since April, so I don't think we've been acquainted, but we can be height buddies if you'd like!
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Welcome back and I think I was a lurker awhile back and remember you were like a cat or something for halloween?

As for building your endurance just do as much as you can and try to go for longer each time. Just take it slow. Another great thing I did to start running was C25K. I loved how it took it slow. Now I need to restart it after my ankle injury. Good Luck in your new journey!
Lackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:11 PM   #7  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by QTestRDH View Post
I'm almost at a loss for how to start building up my cardio endurance, and muscle strength again.
Same goes for me, except without the "again"...

I've NEVER had cardio endurance or muscle strength...so I don't know anything about where to start or what to do or what kind of stuff works or anything....I just feel lost on where to begin.

Congrats on getting back on the wagon...no matter how many times you fall off, if you keep getting back on you'll make it to your goal eventually. =D
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 127.5/130.5/117

Height: 5'3"

Wow, you are gorgeous. You will definitely not have any problems in the dating department I'm sure Work hard, play hard, and good luck! You can and will reach your goal.
Laeah3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

We're all here if you need anything!

I'm the queen of ups and downs, so I know exactly where you're coming from.

Starting out with cardio? Just start walking every day; it's amazing how fast you can build up cardio endurance. You'll be one of those joggers in a few months!

Mickey is right--you are so pretty, it won't be hard to get back into the dating game at all

GOOD LUCK!
JMC885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #10  

Thanks ladies for all your kind words! Its nice to know I have support and others know what I'm going through.

I think as far as working out I'm going to try the same principles of the C25k but with my eliptical. I have one at the house so its convenient. ...that and I'm not ready to brave the gym yet!! The gym by my house is such a meat market and I know I won't be able to relax at all in there!