3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   New Sayonara to the 140's challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/186834-new-sayonara-140s-challenge.html)

Fat Pants 12-22-2009 07:43 AM

Hi everyone!! I can finally join this thread... :woohoo:

I'm sitting at 149... I can't even remember the last time I weighed 149. Wow. Hard to believe it's just over 10 lbs to goal. Is anyone else re-thinking their goal weight once they approach it? Initially I picked 138 - that would make 75 lbs lost. But I know I am happiest around 130 so I may try to lose some more once I initially reach goal. Right now it's just exciting to be so close to my goal!

Anyway, here's to moving through the 140s! (WHY did I have to enter a new decade right before Christmas?? LOL!)

LisaTcan 12-22-2009 09:34 AM

Welcome Fat Pants
I weighed in at 143.2 this morning!! I did 3 days straight without overeating or snacking

Yeah, I have a bunch of size 6 clothes I almost fit into..that's my 'happy size'
Thanks for the encouragement everyone!

s200n 12-22-2009 01:25 PM

Well I thought the weekend was going to put me up alot.. Weighed in at 145.6 this morning so only up 0.2 so that is good.. Christmas is going to be rough though.. I have 5 christmas meals between my family and my boyfriends family... MODERATION MODERATION MODERATION... That is going to be the key to my sucess...

Welcome fatpants and good job LisaTcan!!!

LisaTcan 12-22-2009 09:02 PM

I'm with you s200n going home tomorrow for three days..here's to moderation!!

Ahh just found out (yay for facebook) that this guy I like has a gf..at least she's curvy which gives me hope that i'll find a great catch like him. I have this warped idea that guys only like skinny girls.

Tuca125 12-23-2009 08:21 AM

Hello girls....

Jadeblue4 : the same here whit the ribcage is too ginormous, I guess I am not the only one.

Fat Pants : Welcome

LisaTcan: size 6 will be great for me two. My DH says he does not like skinny girls whit is great , when I met him I was like 135 pounds .... he always says to me I do not want you to get to skinny I want to fell something when I hug you.

s200n:moderation is going to be my plan for the rest of the year.

I decide today that I going to record my last WI which was yesterday 146.2 and I not going to WI any more for the rest of the year until January 9 , I know is going to be hard , I will tell my DH to hind the scale for me.

I going to be very busy ... Getting up early and going late to bet , I don't if I am the only but my weight go crazy if I do not rest well.
I will keep counting my points , drinking my water and doing exercise.I am not going off on plan , I just don't want to going crazy whit my scale fluctacion.

Please tell me the true .... what do you guys think .
I choose january 9 that way I have 1 week to flush the extra salt ... water retencion .

Jelbb 12-23-2009 09:52 AM

Lisa:
Ahhh, so jealous that you live in downtown TO!
That's crazy tho. I spend most of my weekends down there with my soccer-obsessed guy friends at a bar on Yonge called "The Duke of Gloucester." I love Toronto, I MIGHT be moving down there this summer, in with my Irish boy.
Congrats on being down, and way to go on almost fitting into those size 6s! Uber jealous, by huge hips do not yet fit into 6s. Maybe 10s. ;)
And... yeah, I've often been under the misapprehension that guys only like skinny girls. The guy I'm currently with tho... he saw me when I was almost back into my 160s, and he was still perfectly happy with me there. There are guys who don't mind the curves! And you'll find one. :)

Nicole:
Yeahhhh, we're rocking the winter wonderland these days. ;) Not so much down in Toronto, but I live a few hours north. My street has lost its pavement, it's just packed snow. My car doesn't have snows on it yet, it's not doing so well! *facepalm*

iwannalose:
5 and a half pounds in two weeks! Woman, you're a rock star! Keep going! ("Just keep swimming, just keep swimming...!")

Jade:
TOM weight doesn't last, just take it in stride! ;) It's great that you're seeing a low number, tho!

FAT PANTS: HALLO!!! :D :welcome: Congratulations! :carrot:
Don't stress about entering a new decade before the holidays, if you dip slightly back up into the 150s because of some water weight, you can hang around here anyhow. It happens to everyone at some point, inadvertent gains, and WE know that you technically belong to the 140s thread now, so...! WELCOME! :D
And... a lot of us are kind of reevaluating as we get close to our goals, but... I figure I'll change my goal if I want to when I get to it! :)

wfonesc:
Hey, if you can put the scale away for that long... kudos to you! I'm an everyday weigher, so. I need it, regardless of the fluctuations. ;) GOOD LUCK!!!! :D

And as for me...
HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE!
I weighed in this morning at 141.6! Feels pretty fantabulous. Back to where I was.
I honestly am a little bit shocked, because... yesterday I weighed in at 144.6 despite a perfect day before eating-wise, and went, "Guhhh... TOM's coming..." I also sobbed like a sappy whiner over missing my boy who's over in Ireland while I was talking to him on MSN last night. So... TOM is DEFINITELY coming... but usually the water weight hangs around. So I don't know why I would've dropped back down to 141.6 today when I was up so much yesterday... we'll see what happens post-TOM, I s'ppose!

God, I can almost TASTE the 130s, numbers I haven't seen in over 4 years...!

bablou00 12-25-2009 12:54 AM

Thanks ladies for stating that I have a healthy view sometimes I feel like Im not being realistic about things but I know my body as well as anyone and what its capable of with a little hard work:D. Ive been health concious since I can remember being an athlete and all. 2009 was just a rough year for me so Im just excited to be back on track with working out.

Its so exciting to have a group of women right around my ht and wt to chat with. Everyone is doing great especially with it being the holidays. I think that if we can push thru this we'll be able to get thru anything:carrot::carrot:

This morning I weighed in a 142.0 then 141.6 after my workout:carrot::carrot:I was so excited. I only count my Wednes weighs and I was 143.3 yesterday so the 142 doesnt count unless its Wedne...oh well it was great to see that number. Im just coming off to so it was some water wt I shedded!!! I really think this phase in Chalean Extreme is changing my body a lot. This is exactly what happened when I did the bootcamp for a month but I was at a solid 138 and my wt dropped to 134...I was shocked I got that low. I think 135 for me is maintence but just once I would like to see what it feels like to say 129...haha...then maintain in the 30's. Size wise Im around a loose size 2 (even bought a size 0 from Express) when Im in the 30's. Right now my 4's fit great and my 6's are loosey goosey but I luv baggy clothes.

Happy Holidays ladies and 2010 is going to be a great year I can feel it!!

LisaTcan 12-26-2009 10:33 PM

Jelbb Yeah I LOVE living downtown, I've lived here since I was 17 and I'm planning on never leaving. I'm sooo jealous of your Irish boy who loves your curves! And so much for our white Canadian Christmas eh? Rain rain rain
Congrats on 141!

bablou00 Size 2! that's insane! you must be really toned. Yeah, I want to get down to 129 just to feel it, then I'd be fine with being in the low 130's.

Well..I weighed in at 143 on the 23rd..I ate alot Christmas day but did well otherwise..so we'll see how much I gained tomorrow!

JadeBlue14 12-27-2009 12:02 AM

Hey ladies! How'd you guys hold up through the holidays? And how were they?

I maintained exactly from Thursday morning to this (Saturday morning). I figured it out to about 1800 cals and no exercise means maintaining, at least at my current weight. Good to know for the future.
I'm a little excited to see the scale tomorrow, though I would not be surprised if I saw some water retention. I walked a lot today and my legs are sore!

My Christmas was pretty good. And I got to sleep next to my boyfriend which is one of my favorite things to do. So all in all, no complaints from me.

LisaTcan 12-27-2009 09:37 AM

JabeBlue good for you for maintaining!

I'm up to 145.8!! But it's also my TOM and I did go way over Christmas day.
Hoping to be back down to 143 by Tuesday..although probably not possible :)

JadeBlue14 12-27-2009 08:34 PM

Thanks Lisa! TOM can be brutal. I actual got on the scale this morning and was down to 143.3. I'm pretty sure I was there earlier, but bloat from my TOM masked it.

amyleigh 12-28-2009 12:15 AM

Hey Ladies! New to this thread...finally. I didn't know if I'd ever make it here because my original goal was 150, and when I hit that I figured I'd make it an even 50 lbs lost and go to 146. I hit that about a month ago and have been yo-yoing between there and 152ish and I feel like I'd be more comfortable if I was around 135...so....here I am. I can honestly say, a year and a half ago when I was pushing 200 I NEVER thought I'd ever see the 140's again, let alone hope to be less. I feel like these last 10 or so pounds are going to be rough, but I'm glad I have you all to help me through it!! Hope everyone is staying on track.

Let's kick some 140's arse!!!

iwannalose92 12-28-2009 10:19 AM

STUCK AT 149

so frustrating, but I guess I should just be glad I didn't gain cause last week was the holidays, and I only worked out twice. But still, I want that number going down, down, down!

Friday is going to be my last weigh in for a month! I'm holding out and waiting until the 29th (my mom's birthday) to weigh. I think it will be kind of fun, because it should be a pretty big drop!

Let's keep on truckin ladies!

JadeBlue14 12-28-2009 04:06 PM

Iwannalose Kudos for not weighing yourself for a month. I don't know if I could do that. I'm too impatient. Let me know how it works and if you like it better. And of course good luck!
Amyleigh good to have you aboard! and congrats on what you've already lost.

Anyone have those foods that you eat and you bloat like crazy? I had half a glass of white wine last night and now I feel super puffy. Wooo alcohol. Now I remember why I stopped drinking.

iwannalose92 12-28-2009 04:10 PM

Jade- honestly, i'm not sure if I can do it either haha. but i'll give it a shot, and if I really hate it, I won't do it again. can't hurt to try i guess!

And yes...that would be chocolate. I always feel hugeeeee when I eat chocolate. finally threw out the hershey kisses i had laying around today, too tempting.