Old 11-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Height: 5'6"

Pammy- I bet cleaning burns a lot of calories! I pump up music while I clean and fly about the house. It's so great. I looooove cleaning.

Haha... I though I'd change up my in home workout today so when I was grocery shopping I checked out the "fitness" section of the store and the DVDs were on sale, so I got a "Dancing with the Stars" Latin dance DVD. I'm just getting ready to put it in and we'll see how it goes. Anything that can make exercise fun, and especially dancing, is fine by me. C25K is on hold because I can't get the stamina to run outside in the cold now. I'll start up again when I get a gym pass when the semester resumes in January.

So I have some bad weeks where I don't eat great and don't exercise enough. But then I look at my total loss of 26 pounds now, and I'm pretty excited. It's the overall, and the lifestyle change that counts. I've lost 56 pounds since starting college, and 26 in the past 3 months, and I'm pretty proud of myself. It's getting easier for me to eat healthier now, and make better choices, and I haven't had a "binge" day in over a week, which is really great for me. I'm just in a very pleasant mood right now and know I'm gonna meet my goal.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:44 PM   #17  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Pammy - WW gives you activity points for cleaning. Have at it

Platform - Yay for finding the owner! They must have been thrilled.

sgregg - its a long story lol. So...in highschool my friend's screen name was Isis, I wanted to be a goddess too, so I looked up the Roman name for Isis, and it was Stella Maris, which is kind of cool, but was the name of a boat my dad captained, so I just changed it to Stella Rosa, because my name is Jennierose (translated from Genirosa) so it kind of fit

I know I say this a lot, but God do I love exercising. I'd use a 4-letter word to say that, but I'd get in trouble on here. I did 45 minutes of interval running, and I feel amazing. I've really been missing the huge calorie burn that spinning gives me, and I feel like the interval running at least gives me the same amount of putting my heart rate up and down, that it may be somewhat comprable? Probably not, but I'm in my fantasy world I think the endorphin rush makes up for the fact that its been a while since I...well anyway...I'm single, I'm starting to like to run, I'll leave it at that
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:49 PM   #18  

Height: 5'11

Stella- I never looked at cleaning as a workout even the slightest bit. I guess because Its such a pain. I feel you on the exercising thing. I hate getting started but once I do omg I feel amazing. I love my red face and sweaty chest when im done it totally makes me feel accomplished. My sister actually told me that she thinks im addicted to exercise, and I told her Thank you! I get what your saying. Im not single but Im single in the sense that I only get to see my bf every few months and im DYING! Trust me im counting down the days! I need my extra cardio haha
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #19  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

Second the loving exercise thing! I never expected to get to this point, but this weekend when I was in FL, I woke up super early naturally and my body really wanted to exercise, even though I'd had about 5 hours of sleep at that point. And heck, who am I to say no to that? It's amazing how much more level it keeps me throughout the day - like, I'm in a much better mood all day and I handle stressful situations better. Very cool

As for me, I spent most of my work day planning wedding stuff. I really need to get down to business on some of this stuff (which would be a lot easier if my dad would give me a freaking budget number...) - things book up really fast! It is making it easy to stay on plan though. I need to start wedding dress shopping soon and I'd like to have a bit more off before I get into that.
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:52 PM   #20  
one day at a time...

S/C/G: 264/264/180

Height: 64"

My weekend was pretty boring just went grocery shopping for the week and did tons of house cleaning and laundry on sunday.

Now its back to the work week and tons of patients!!
heidiruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #21  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Evening Girls!

I made it to the gym, and I came home and had WW approved soup and grilled cheese for dinner. I love winter time soup is a staple at my house. I was going to do my profile again tonight I dont know if I have the energy right now for it.

I also came home today and my new room was painted so it looks like I could be moving furniture in tomorrow and the rest of this week. I still live with my parents but they totally gutted my sisters room. They put up new drywall, new and more electrical outlets that were desperately needed, insulation the whole nine yards. So now it will become my room and my sisters will be getting my parents room and they will be taking my room. Yay, now I just have to start saving for my new TV to go in there.

Off to the shower for me!
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:36 PM   #22  

Woohoo... I just did my new dancing DVD for an hour and it was pretty sweet. Once I learn all these moves I can do it to my own Latin music. I love Latin music! It was pretty workout intensive if you really got into it and I was sweating. I love dancing and sweating.

I might actually go play DDR for a little bit before I shower. How fun! I'm pretty excited, though starting to get energy sapped. I may have a snack first.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #23  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Everlasting- omg tell me how the dwts dvd is...I'm watching the semi-finals right now and I loooove dwts. If it's any good I will totally buy the dvd. And I love Kelly Osbourne and she is dancing to Robbie Williams right now which is making me practically freak out. That is my karaoke song!!! And congrats on your huge loss

Platform- glad you found the puppy! my coworker got a maltese/pomeranian mix and brought it to work, and I was smitten, but then she decided she couldn't take care of it and returned it to the original owner I think I was a lot more devastated than she was.

Stella-you have such a pretty name and ditto to you and pammy on the endorphin benefits of getting sweaty through...exercise

smisen- i can't wait to go wedding dress shopping. I'm not close to being engaged but I'm obsessed with Say Yes to the Dress. Definitely post some pics when you start to go

Bee- soup is a winter staple for me too...i have this eggplant I have to use and I was thinking of making it into a potato-based soup and puree it. I love just putting things on the stove and having them simmer away, heating things up and smelling good.

I'm going to try my hand at making a spin mix. My spin instructor said she edit it and use it in a class if I did it. I miss exercising outside, but at least I have this new-found love of the gym to get me through the winter.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:12 PM   #24  

Forestroad- Well I like it, but I think the moves are rather basic, depending on if you know any of them or not. I have never tried Latin dance before, so I enjoyed it and learned a bit! They keep you moving non stop, even between the more difficult moves they have you continue to do the basic step while they demonstrate the next move.

I liked it because it teaches solo dance! I'm taking a Swing and Salsa class next semester but we will be having partners and whatnot for those moves, so this is one you can really do on your own.

I finally realized why the ladies wear those heeled shoes while they dance. I've been doing belly dance forever, where you wear no shoes, but a lot of time you are flat on your feet, but the Latin dance keeps you up on your toes! The heels would be more supportive than having none! I need to get some character shoes for my dance class.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #25  
Brighter than the moon!

Forest - Thanks! My parents needed to be creative...my mom's grandmother's name was Genirosa, and my dad thought they should Americanize it (which I don't understand since my dad was BORN in Italy, but anyway).

Bee - I love soup too! I make the WW 0 point veggie soup, and I eat it with my lunch every day. It kind of takes up volume so I don't binge at lunch. Plus veggies never hurt anyone.

Everlasting - that DVD sounds awesome

Haha! 191.0 - Water retention is going DOWN!!! I'm so friggin excited. Now to fight to be out of the 190's again. I can so do this. My last day of antibiotics was this morning, and after running last night I feel like I'm at 95%, so yay! We're having Fakesgiving this Saturday, and I'm cooking most of the food, so I have control I'm going to force healthy food on the boys, and they're going to LIKE IT...

Old 11-17-2009, 09:13 AM   #26  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

Stella - YAY! I bet you'll have a whoosh between the water retention and antibiotics ending My family has liked the low-cal dinners I've been making so much that they always ask when I'm making dinner again lol. I'm glad you're feeling better!
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:25 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7"

My dog (a shih-tzu) would never let me bring another doggie in ... I think she's confused as to why we keep the cat

I wish I loved exercise! Could someone bottle that for me? I would pay a premium!

Bee Soup is sooo good in the winter. My fiance hates it or it would def. be dinner several nights a week. (It still is on the nights he d/n come over )

Had a wierd weekend ... My fiance got back from a work trip and we went out to eat Sunday night and Monday night. I ate over my calories both days ... I didn't binge, I just ate too much (I differenate the two, b/c I've struggled with BED & the difference to me is huge) Anyways ... last night we ate Mexican and ended the meal with a Fried Ice-Cream ... I was dreading getting on the scale this morning and ... magically I had lost .2 lbs (not much to talk about, but since I was sure I had gained)

Why is it that when you're sure you're going to gain you loose and when you're positive you're going to lose you gain?
Ashbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #28  

Height: 5'11

Smisen- I also cant wait to go wedding dress shopping that should be so exciting!
Bee- I LOVEEEEEEEE soup. I could literally eat soup for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Everlasting- Sounds like you enjoyed the tape. I tried one of the dance tapes and I just couldn't get coordinated to do it right. Maybe its just me :/
Stella-
YAY! Im sure once you get off all the meds everything will level out. WOOP WOOP! Thats awesome you get to control most of the food. I on the other hand have to help make the full fat recipes. I guess one day wont kill me... hopefully!
Ashbee- Grats on the weight loss! Sometimes I wish i knew the answer to that question. You do great and you gain weight but when you do bad sometimes you lose! UGH

AHHH im going crazy, Im running out of time to get everything done and its starting to sink in. I feel so overwhelmed to get all this stuff done before Thanksgiving. Turns out were driving his parents from Orlando to Tampa and all the way back to Jacksonville by ourselves so it will be a nice little road trip together so im pretty exited. 8 days ahhh! Time to bust my rear and get some stuff done today.. Wish me luck!!!! Oh a side note I was at 186 this morning on the scale

Last edited by PammyFl; 11-17-2009 at 10:40 AM.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:42 AM   #29  

I loooove making soup. You can just put anything in and most of the time it's great. If not... just add something else to cover up the flavor. I'm trying to figure out a recipe for our "Thanksgiving" meal with the fellowship this Sunday. It's always bring a dish to pass, and I never like to suffice for the traditional mashed potatoes and gravy. I have a lot of apples that my mom brought up to me. A whole bushel, so I need to do something with those. Perhaps some cinnamon-y hot apple sauce? Or maybe I can make some apple dumplings... apple muffins? I don't know. Something with apples. I still have a couple days to decide. Any ideas here?

Ugh... I work today from 2pm-11pm. Although the shift from 7-11 is a respite shift... I have 3 kids to watch... 14, 12, and 6. It's always difficult to come up with something they all like to do, even though the oldest has a CI that makes her more cognitively like a 7 or 8 year old. I try to avoid the put in a movie thing, because I feel like I shouldn't be getting paid to have the kids watch a movie every shift, even though they all like to do it. Thinking about taking some music and having a dance or something. Party it down! I found a great vegan gingerbread cookie recipe that I can use next week when I work with them!

Ashbee- Don't call it exercise! Call it something else! I love dancing, biking, hiking, and going for walks, but I hate exercise.

Last edited by Everlasting; 11-17-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:16 PM   #30  
Brighter than the moon!

Everlasting - a good friend of mine recently taught me how to make apple crisp.

You cut up the apples, then toss them with quick oats and cinnamon and a little sugar (it really only amounts to about 2 tablespoons for a huge serving dish (you *could* use Splenda, I guess) - then you bake it at 350 for 15 minutes, and you get this hot, gooey, very healthy dessert.

I don't even think it would have to be for dessert, and you could probably do without the sugar, just add some more cinnamon and nutmeg and you'd have a nice, tart dish.