3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   The Scale (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/185847-scale.html)

heidiruth 11-04-2009 09:40 PM

The Scale

Why when ever I walk by the scale I feel like I need to weigh myself. Its driving my crazy and working for doctor doesn't help since the scale is right there. Its like I have OCD with the scale or an addiction lol ugh I guess its better then going to the break room and eating the junk food thats in there.

Aussie Nikki 11-04-2009 10:11 PM

I'm the same when it comes to weighing myself. I've been getting on the scale at least once a day, sometimes more! Often I will weigh myself in the morning, then again at night when I get home from work. It's totally addictive.

I find that it's both good and bad. Sometimes I'll be so pleased to see I've lost a pound since the previous day that I'll be really good with food and exercise so I don't mess it up. But then other times, I can put on like five pounds between morning and night, which is really depressing. Then it's hard not to go "what the ****" and eat badly that night.

KurLEQ 11-04-2009 10:23 PM

I have two scales in my room... one analog, one digital. I weigh myself at least 3 times a day!

Gelene 11-04-2009 10:39 PM

Sorry...off subject. Kurri, where did you find the sig. that shows how to enunciate your name??? That is sooo clever. I need one. People can never get my name right and I love my name, so I want people to know how to say it.

chels38 11-04-2009 10:56 PM

I weigh myself like really 5 to 10 times a day. But I also take my temperature non stop when I feel sick, lol. I think I may just have an addictive personality ;)

algebraashley 11-04-2009 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chels38 (Post 3001289)
I weigh myself like really 5 to 10 times a day. But I also take my temperature non stop when I feel sick, lol. I think I may just have an addictive personality ;)

I TOTALLY DO THE SAME THING WHEN IM SICK! lol! :D :D

heidiruth 11-04-2009 11:12 PM

I am happy to know I am not alone with my scale addiction lol I am the same with the tempature taking. Makes me feel better thanks guys!!!

KEmery08 11-04-2009 11:20 PM

Haha, I do this too! The scale thing & the temp thing. I'm obsessed ... but I find that it keeps me on top of my weight as well.

megwini 11-04-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gelene (Post 3001258)
Sorry...off subject. Kurri, where did you find the sig. that shows how to enunciate your name??? That is sooo clever. I need one. People can never get my name right and I love my name, so I want people to know how to say it.

Well I don't know HER system of enunciation but... I'm a total linguistics junkie and I could tell you how to put your name in the IPA (International Phonetic Alphabet) if you wanted... it's universal and understood worldwide! If you want me to, either send me a recording of you saying your name, or describe how to pronounce it really well.

IPA is fun. For example, my name would either [ˈmeɪgən] or [ˈmɛgən], depending on who is addressing me.

cormandy62442 11-05-2009 12:41 AM

I used to do that, but then I got a new scale and my weight jumped up 4 pounds and I got really discouraged. Now I hide the scale until weigh in day.

mara11jade 11-05-2009 02:45 AM

Yeah, I think once I start to lose again I'll go back to weighing a lot. But when I can tell I'm just staying put I don't look at it :)

LBLAZY 11-05-2009 07:41 AM

I"m the same way.....I think I usually average about 3 times a day, of course, I only count the morning as the true weigh in of the day. And I do my official weigh in on Sunday mornings. I think it just depends on what works for you. I know that in the past when I've attempted to lose weight I would go on vacations or back home, and not having the scale there GREATLY affected my decisions, knowing that I would have nothing to hold myself accountable to the food I was eating. I know not to make that mistake again.....I've gone on 2 trips since I started my weight loss over again and even though I get weird looks from my family/friends, I always pack my scale in my luggage! :P

stellarosa27 11-05-2009 12:40 PM

I weigh myself every morning, but that keeps me from stuffing my face at night. I've also started to not eat after a certain time at night (except in certain circumstances) because my stomach is getting all weird if I eat right before I go to sleep. I try to keep a 2 hour window between food and sleep.

Nella 11-05-2009 12:56 PM

I weigh at least twice a day, sometimes 3. It keeps me in check. I know I will weigh more in the evening because I have eaten and drank all day, but I can estimate how much I will go down in the morning (the one I actually count) by how low it is at night.

For instance, last night I was 170.2 before bed, but was 168.6 this morning.

alsten02 11-05-2009 02:49 PM

im constantly on the scale.. at least once a day for sure.. several usually .. I feel crazy rofl