For all you Wii Fit girls out there - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 11-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default For all you Wii Fit girls out there

What kind of games do you have? I'm trying to search for what games are available, but I fail at internet searches.

I have the Wii Fit game, was thinking of getting the plus, and I know there are a few Biggest Loser/Jillian Michaels games out there (and I really don't want to go that route).

Are there any other games that any of you like? For some reason I thought there should be a belly dancing game, but I'm thinking maybe I just made that up.

I also remember a few of you talking about the EA sports active, but how different is that from the games that come with Wii Fit?

Thanks
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #2  
Nicole Jay...

S/C/G: 185/185/130

Height: 5'6''

I have EA Sports Active and Don King's Boxing. I really enjoy both (the boxing one is hard for me, but I am not in the best shape). I have heard people say the EA game is not challenging enough and you can't use it exclusively for your cardio, but I have fun with it and do break a sweat with it.
nicole3258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #3  
Resisting the Urge

S/C/G: 282.4/Ticker/199.9

Height: 5'8"

I got the new Wii Fit Plus to expand my wii fit. There are a few nifty tools added; you can make routines with the strength and yoga exercises, there is a calorie burn counter and the new games are fun but not really that much more challenging. For the money it’s a good investment but not too far off from the original wii fit.
Essa415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #4  
Bikinis in Summer '10!

S/C/G: 185/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

I heard very bad things about the new Jillian Michaels game. All I have now is the original Wii Fit game, but I really want this game called My Fitness Coach. It's supposed to be more like doing a workout video b/c you don't have to stop after every exercise and choose something new. The "trainer" puts together a workout for you based on what goal you have. And she stops every so often and asks if its too hard or easy and then will adjust the next part of the workout. And every time you do it, it's a little different.
Lauranna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #5  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

I love the Wii Fit plus. And it's only $20. I like the EA Sports Active because it has already made routines or you can custom make your own.

I hate the My Personal Trainer. I found it so boring and with crappier music than a regular workout video. I turned it on, then right back off. In fact I'm going to trade it in ASAP.

I haven't tried the BL or JM's games yet, but I want to. I found the Gold's Gym boxing game in the RedBox (rental thing in grocery stores and such) and tried it. I liked it and was incredibly sore the next day. It's like a kick boxing class. Maybe rent some of the games and see what you think.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM   #6  
on the way to skinny

S/C/G: 278/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I have the Wii Fit, and I have EA Active. I LOVE EA Active, and it's super hard for me, but I'm WAY WAY out of shape...so I don't know how it would be for someone who's more in shape. It's got this 30 day challenge thing, but I've never made it through it before...lol.

I think it was a good investment...although the leg strap was quite tight before I started losing. It fits better now though.
DivineFidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:52 PM   #7  
Never More Than Today!

S/C/G: 192/149.8/135

Height: 5'2

I have EASports Active and LOVE it. It was the only exercise I did for a month and lost 7 pounds! I also have Wii Fit Plus and love that as well. I always do an hour of stepping (I use weights and do punches, lifts, bicep curls, etc) while I'm watching TV at least three times a week. My mom just bought the Biggest Loser game and my sister swears by it but I have't tried it yet.

Just wanted to add that EASports Active is called "Personal Trainer" for a reason. It is WAY different than Wii Fit. Especially if you do the 30 day Challenges.

Last edited by KurLEQ; 11-03-2009 at 08:56 PM.
KurLEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 PM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

Thanks all!

Renting is a really good idea, I didn't even think about that...
Old 11-04-2009, 10:03 AM   #9  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

I have a wii fit plus, I bought it after trying my friends wii fit and realizing it was a fairly good work out. When I tried my friends, I complained about not being able to queue up workouts to set up a routine. When I bought the plus I was nicely surprised to see if has that option, there is even an area to customize your own work outs. You can also choose the things your working on and how long you want to do it and it'll set up a workout for you based on that.

The only thing I hate is it has me do the snowball fight sometimes when I want to work my abs.

My friend has ea sports and he loves it.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #10  
Brighter than the moon!

That's my biggest complaint so far about the regular Fit, I have to start and stop, so its awesome that the plus kind of fixes that.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:06 PM   #11  
peace<3

S/C/G: 240/ticker/130

Height: 5'2

I have EA active and have been doing the 30 day challenge for about a week and have lost about 7 lbs of course I have been eating better too. I love it!!
makeupforlifee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #12  
Brighter than the moon!

I think my Christmas list might be a bunch of Wii Fit games
Old 11-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/267/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauranna View Post
I heard very bad things about the new Jillian Michaels game. All I have now is the original Wii Fit game, but I really want this game called My Fitness Coach. It's supposed to be more like doing a workout video b/c you don't have to stop after every exercise and choose something new. The "trainer" puts together a workout for you based on what goal you have. And she stops every so often and asks if its too hard or easy and then will adjust the next part of the workout. And every time you do it, it's a little different.
Jillian Michaels first game is the one that gets very poor reviews. Her second one (the new one) is getting excellent reviews. She said she worked on every part of this game from the graphics to the voiceovers.
Chrissykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 12:31 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

No offense, but I cannot stand Jillian Michaels or anything related to the Biggest Loser. I tend to keep this to myself to avoid the backlash from the crowds of her fans, but she just doesn't do it for me. I can appreciate how lots of people get inspiration from her and the show, but I'm not in that category.

But I do appreciate the clarification and suggestions
Old 11-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #15  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

i love the wii fit plus. i had the JM 2009 game but didnt like it at all. I also had the EA Active and My FItness Coach...but didnt like it as much as i thought, not challenging for me.
but my mom just got me the BL wii game and plans to mail it to me soon, so i'm waiting to try it out. I have seent eh golds gym cardio game, but wasnt aware of a GG boxing game....i'll have to look that up. i love the wii fit boxing (i do the 10 minute advanced and burn 254 calories just last night)
i did wii fit plus trainings and aerobics last night and burned 1100 calories - so i will leave that in my daily routine awesome calorie burn. the wii fit game said i burned 190 calories last night for my workouts - but i feel my HRM is more acurate at the 1100 - since i was pouring sweat and i was really giving it my 110% effort.
ArmyWife02 is offline   Reply With Quote