*~*~Weekly Chat 2nd-8th Nov~*~* - Page 2 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 11-02-2009, 11:15 AM   #16  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

You ladies are brave, I'm terrified of skiing. I did it once, up in State College, PA and I was so scared. The girl who took us (I hate her, but that's besides the point) had me on the bunny hill for a few hours, then she was like okay let's go! But we went on the intermediate slope and not the easy slope, so I had the crap scared out of me - plus it was icy. If I ever go to Colorado, or somewhere where they have better snow than up in PA, I may try again.

But I still think you're both very, very brave
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #17  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Ice is the worse. We get a lot of it here in VT, and it took me a while to get used to it but I'm learning not to fight it. I teach part-time at a mountain up here so I'm on snow pretty much every weekend all winter. This weekend I also get to go skiing in Austria with my family...there better not be any ice!
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:58 PM   #18  
Brighter than the moon!

As in Europe Austria?

Sounds awesome
Old 11-02-2009, 01:19 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi 20-somethings! I haven't been posting here, but I am indeed 20-something (24, to be exact) and I thought I'd pop in. =)
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #20  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

I thought i would drop by and say hello. I get to leave and go to work.

yay. keeping my fingers crossed that my car doesn't break down!!
=]
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #21  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Haha yes Europe Austria. I got a frequent flier ticket and since I'm staying with my parents they are picking up the hotel...so I just have to pay for food and lift ticket The food there is sooooo good (not to mention the beer), but even so, last time I went (2008) I skied so much that I actually ended up losing a lb or two. Apres Ski starts at 3:30 on the mountain; everyone eats and drinks and then has to ski back to the base. If you miss the last shuttle to the hotel you have a long walk up a steep icy hill, so that helped me curb the time spent drinking, and if I stayed too long at the bar, well I had a long walk home ahead of me.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #22  
Mary

S/C/G: 225/190/125

Height: 5'2" Age: 22

forestroad - I was looking at the lotta luvs from Danszeizen & Quigley, and they look like something I'd like. I'm not a speed demon either, but I do like to carve (especially on Stowe MT in VT!!! I haven't been there in ages....) That's cool that you teach part time, too! Good workout to get in lol. And omg Austria? I'm jealous!!

Stella - Try again!! I've taught all of my friends how to ski and three of them I got them to try it again after having a bad experience the first time around. Ice really bites though :< Last year I was at Camelback and I really messed my ankle up when I hit a huge patch of ice at the end of a run!! Good thing the run ended right at the base lodge lol!

Ski pants wise I'm debating between these, these, and these.
platformnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #23  
finding me. :)

S/C/G: see ticker :)

I'm new and thought I would pop in with you guys.

Here's my update for today:

I hoped on the scale this morning for a sneak peek at my progress.

Iím down 2 lbs since Friday (not officially weighing in until this coming Fri). I wasnít able to work out at all on Friday, Saturday OR Sunday due to soreness from my Thursday night workout but tonight Iím heading to the gym right after work to get in a homework session.

My next training session with Mr. R is on Tuesday at 6pm. I am thinking of telling him that maybe last week was too much on me and I donít want to be discouraged by being so sore I canít move for days. It felt good but it also kept me from working out for a few days. :/

I followed my food plan except for 3 pieces of Halloween candy and I already feel way better. My body must be wondering wtf is going on!

Ok Ė homework tonight, training session tomorrow night and hopefully a few more workouts before my next session with Mr. R on Saturday afternoon.

Last edited by BornToShimmer; 11-02-2009 at 03:59 PM.
BornToShimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:19 PM   #24  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Stella- oooh ive done that before too. One of the guys I went with thought I would be ok graduating to something more difficult, but I freaked out, it was way too steep and long for me, I got a quarter of the way down and then had to climb back up the mountain to take the ski lift back down. Worst part was getting off the lift at the bottom- slipped on the ice, hit the ground, then nearly got smacked in the head by the next chair coming around But you should go again! I did, just know your limits and dont let other people persuade you other wise

BornToShimmer- welcome!

every one else- thanks for the congrats!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #25  
Brighter than the moon!

Ouch, Icon.

Well apparently I was "doing fine" but I got scared that I was going too fast (despite swerving back and forth) and I would just sit down. Or lean into the side of the mountain. At one point I wound up above the slope in the mud. It was pretty funny, but very painful for the next few days.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Forestroad - Oh my god, I am so jealous that you get to go to Austria! One of my goals in life before I die is to go to Austria and take the "Sound of Music" tour! haha

Today wasn't too bad and it seemed to go by pretty quickly. Things are crazy busy at work, so I'm sure that helped the time move. I went to the gym and was doing some sit ups and got this really random feeling in my stomach. It felt kind like back spasms but in my stomach. It would eventually go away after a few breaths, but it was the strangest sensation. Any ideas?
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #27  
Brighter than the moon!

Maybe you pulled a random muscle?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 323/311/160

Oh wow, y'all talking about skiing. I'm a horrible skiier but when I get down to a manageable size I think I might try the downhill again. I love cross country, but when I get to those hills I freak out and wipe out, even if they're just shallow hills on the cross country trails. I'm much fonder of snowshoeing. Nice and sturdy.

Well, I am up weight after Halloween weekend. Not so much the candy, as the mom coming to visit and wanting to go out to eat pizza and all. Not too bad because I still got a lot of exercise in. Though a bit frustrating because it set me back a week.

However, I'm all the more motivated to work out this week, and I just registered for classes next semester. I have a lower credit load, so with my extra credits I signed up for some activity classes, weight training/conditioning 2 times a week, dance 2 times a week, and yoga/pilates 2 times a week... so that will fill up my week and I'll never have to worry about not getting my activity in during the week days. (And since they are classes with the university, the boss will have to work them around my work schedule! Then on weekends I can do what I want for exercise. SO I'm excited.
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #29  
A double-chinned doctor.

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/135

Hey everyone. No skiing for me - I'm a snowboarder! Don't get to go as often as I'd like though - lately it's only a couple times a year. But I got a new board at the end of the season last year, along with new bindings and boots too, so I really gotta put them to use. Have an old Burton Balance, got a new Burton Feelgood - can't wait to ride it this year!

Diet has been outright terrible lately. And a lot of fluctuations in my weight (I'm a daily weigher). But I went to SuperTarget today, so should be able to do better.

Meant to get a good workout in today, but I ended up falling asleep for several hours today. I always try to get some exercise in my days after being on call, but I'm always so tired, it's tough. Can't really exercise when I'm on call at the hospital. I got this weekend off though, so hopefully I'll be able to put some good time in.
april714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Rough morning today. Soreness from drinking and dancing set it. Bruises are starting to appear. I apparently fell out of my bed and into my nightstand. However, I didn’t let that stop me, I went to the gym for an hour, I really need to go grocery shopping but has been ok. I don’t know how but after my weekend no weight gain. I’ll hopefully post pictures tomorrow. I think I’m going to pull out the Wii fit tomorrow to add into my workout.

Ghost – ľ marathon is still good. I hate running. No pictures yet I have to get them from my roommate because I didn’t bring a camera (which was probable good considering it ended up being a debacle). Probable will be up tomorrow.

Augeremt – I came here to visit a year and a half ago and said to my friends (who were with me from Phoenix) that I wanted to move here after graduation. Well all three of us are here now with no plans to move. I’m from Michigan so this is a very nice change. If you ever are in the area we should meet up. I actually went and bought post Halloween sale candy because I like having some of the mini bags around in order to portion myself when I have a chocolate craving.

Chele – I also gave generous amounts of candy but then went and bought some to keep in the freezer. Back type spasms in the stomach … I cringe when I hear it because I do have an idea. Are they on your right side? If so it’s probable your gallbladder. Which is something you should get checked out ASAP. I had the problem 3 years ago, ignored the back spasms and stomach trouble (spasms, acid reflex, not digesting fat) for about 4 months and landed myself in the ER twice in 1 week. The second time was while I was waiting to schedule my surgery and got stuck for 6 days. If it is your gallbladder feel free to PM me for more information about removal and living without.

Forestroad – I love shopping … since I’m only kindof employed I’ve not been doing much of it but I look a lot. I love bargains.

Chrissy – Were you able to get walking in?

InControl – Good job at the weigh in … I would kill for number drops like that.

JennieRose – Great job pre-planning.

Mary – Have a safe drive.

Iris – Welcome to the forum.

Mickey – How did the car hold up.

Borntoshimmer – Sounds like you are on top of everything. Have a great week!

Everlasing – Yay for signing up for fitness classes. I wish I got healthier in Undergrad and took fitness classes.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote