3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *~*~Weekly Chat 2nd-8th Nov~*~* (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/185605-%2A%7E%2A%7Eweekly-chat-2nd-8th-nov%7E%2A%7E%2A.html)

Iconised Ghost 11-02-2009 02:18 AM

*~*~Weekly Chat 2nd-8th Nov~*~*

Well, its nearly the end of monday here so i thought i would jump in and start the new weekly thread!

Just got my marathon photos, they are pretty funny xD

Out of my way, I am marching to the finish line!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1257146667

OMG I HAVE FEET

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1257146717

Random person in my photo!!

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1257146754

Ugh are we there yet?!?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1257146775

RememberHowToSmile 11-02-2009 02:30 AM

Recovering from yesterday. Way to much to drink but my boxer costume turned out super cute. See the how was Halloween thread for a recount of my night. I didn't go to the gym today (no surprise given my hangover) but will go tomorrow morning. The high tomorrow is 85 so gym then tanning. :)

Ghost - Great job running a marathon.

Iconised Ghost 11-02-2009 02:35 AM

sooo jealous of your temperatures. Are there photos of your costume in the other thread?

yes the quarter marathon was really good fun :D Definately considering doing a half next time (im sure this madness will wear off in time).

augeremt 11-02-2009 04:41 AM

rememberhowtosmile, I'm from San Diego too and now that I'm living in Colorado, I always hear from my parents about how "hot" it is outside. That makes me super jealous and I often ask myself why I ever moved.

This week (if the weekend counts as a week) has not been going so well since we have a whole bunch of candy left-over from Halloween. I'm trying to plan out some meals for this week so I don't snack too much or improvise meals by going out for a slice of pizza or something. BUT, since I got my beer fix this weekend, it won't be much of a temptation during the week.

Chele615 11-02-2009 06:20 AM

It was wicked warm on Halloween night....and that never happens here in Mass. There were years that we had so many layers on under our costumes that we all looked like the little kid from "A Christmas Story". So the fact that it was breezy and like 70 degrees was weird! But we only had like 10 trick or treaters total...so there's tons of candy left over. By the end, I was throwing handfuls of candy into the kid's bags to try to get rid of some of it!

It's going to be a long week....I can already tell and I haven't even made it to work yet! haha

forestroad 11-02-2009 06:35 AM

I have tons of candy leftover here too...and I left the bowl out on my doorstep at 6pm! I'm sad I didn't get to give out candy to anyone; as we were driving down the block we saw plenty of kids out; I guess not many of them made it up to my part of the block. Anyway, a vat of candy is not the way to kick off maintenance!

I had a friend in town for the weekend and she must have been a bad influence bc I spent a lot of money shopping yesterday. My big purchase was a new pair of winter boots which are both waterproof and stylish, so they will be worth it. There is a ski store in town that has some gorgeous winter clothes, and I'm definitely putting a sweater and a coat on my xmas list but there was no way I could afford to get them myself. Anyway pics of my new clothes are up on my 3fc blog :)

ChristineM 11-02-2009 08:47 AM

Ghost- Congrats on the Marathon!!! That's amazing.

I didn't do so well this weekend, it wasn't so much the Halloween candy but the not being home and eating out so much.. not to mention that since I got hurt last week I haven't been able to really exercise at all. I'm feeling better today so maybe tonight I can try to get a like walk in. Ugh.. I only have two weeks before I'm headed to Florida and I'm no where near the 142 mark that I wanted to hit.

InControl2Day 11-02-2009 09:09 AM

I had a good weigh-in today! (182.5 --> 177.5) ..mostly due to end of TOM so I'm guessing bloat is going away. I'm totally psyched to be participating in some of the challenges on these boards (valentine's, November..etc)
I had 1 piece of dark chocolate this weekend to calm my sweet tooth! Thankfully, that was enough :D

ghost - Wow great job on your marathon.

rememberhowtosmile - boxer costume sounds super cute. my sister did something like that 2-3 years ago~ I didnt dress up this year :P not at my happy weight yet to purchase clothing of any kind

augeremt - November = New month =) Great way to make a clean start. Good luck planning out your meals!

Chele615 - sounds like you had fun this weekend! Have a great week!

forestroad - i'm surprised the kids didn't take all the candy from the bowl left out! Shopping is greattttt for the soul so dont feel too bad going on a spree. I consider it retail therapy !

stellarosa27 11-02-2009 09:11 AM

Icon - congrats on the marathon :)

Forest - those clothes are adorable, you look great!

Chele - it was warm here in MD too, like 75 and humid. I swear its the only reason that my hair stayed curly.

So I spent all day yesterday running errands, cleaning and cooking. I now have vegetable soup and chili for lunch for the next two weeks, and I portioned out veggies from my Costco run Friday, so I'll have them for a few weeks as well. Its so nice having a refrigerator all to myself :)

I weighed myself this morning for the first time in about a week - 190.4!!! I was so bummed before I stepped on the scale because I figured I'd have to reset my ticker and all that...no, I'm even lighter than when I started this whole moving thing - I was at 190.8, and TOM is still here, so it might go down. here's hoping :)

platformnine 11-02-2009 09:21 AM

Icon - great job on the marathon!!!
Remember - Sorry about the hangover :< But I'm glad your costume turned out cute!
forestroad - new clothes ALWAYS make me happy lol!!
Stella - YAY!! Congrats, soon you shall bust into those 180s!!!! :D :hug:

I... need new ski/snowboard pants. Mine fell off when I put them on the other day and that certainly won't do for my ski trip! I found a discount ski supply website (http://the-house.com) that I plan on getting them from but I'm not sure what ones I want. I'm planning to get them in a size medium so that when I'm at my goal weight (which should put me at about a size small), I'll have some extra breathing room for my under armor and socks and stuff. My parents also want to get me skis for christmas, which is really cool, but crazy expensive! I really like these though!!!!

I'm suuuuper excited for tonight because I'm spending the night at my boyfriend's new apartment :D I'm driving down really late though, because his class will be getting out late :<

I'm down to 188.5lb today so I am NOT letting TOM bum me out this week, I'm just happy to be in the 180s!

Have a great day, chicas!

ChristineM 11-02-2009 09:28 AM

Stella- Congrats and you are my idol this week. I've been meaning to make big batches of soups and ready to grab veggies. For me it is the only way to stay on track and not spend a fortune.

Mary- If you need to buy new pants then having them be too big is a GREAT excuse.

InControl2Day 11-02-2009 09:38 AM

stellarose - that sounds like you really planned ahead ! good luck to you and what a great motivator =D

platformnine - have a safe drive to ur bfs!

forestroad 11-02-2009 09:39 AM

Icon- sorry I didn't say so before, but congrats on the marathon!! Good luck with the half training; there was a thread for half marathon training in this forum a few months ago but I guess we haven't been keeping up---i know I haven't, lol.

stella- omg so close to 180s...I'm so happy for you!

platform- love those skis! I've always wanted a pair of twin tip skis but I'm not so much a terrain park person; I prefer to keep my skis on snow. I just got a new pair of ski pants as an early bday present bc I was wearing a pair of mens large (!!) that luckily fell off me when I tried to put them on for this season. I got a pair of north face mediums; though I fit comfortably into the smalls I wanted to leave room for long johns etc.

Chrissy- I am jealous you are going to florida; even if you don't make your mini goal just getting back into the swing of things and losing a lb or two will make you feel so much better in your bathing suit, in my experience :)

in control- I'm impressed you survived halloween on 1 piece of dark chocolate...congrats on your loss!

btw, my goal pics are up in the goal forum :D

platformnine 11-02-2009 09:59 AM

InControl - Thank you!! :D

forestroad - aren't they awesome? but with bindings and boots they're going to be soooo expensive :< I usually just rent. My problem with the skis on that website though is that they're all for glamazons! I like skiing on 142s-146s and 148s are the shortest I can find! Sometimes being short sucks.... CONGRATS ON GOAL!!! I know you've been tentatively maintaining for a month or two, but I don't think I ever said it. I'm gonna go look at your goal pics :D

You guys, I just had breakfast annnnd... Dannon Light & Fit Strawberry Kiwi yogurt. Where have you been all of my life?

forestroad 11-02-2009 10:45 AM

platform- LOL on the glamazons. I ski on k2 Lotta Luv 148s--they're nice for powder but can still carve it up on the mountain, and I do think women's skis make a difference with how they're shaped and balanced with female weight distribution in mind. I love carving but I'm not really a speed demon, so I'd rather have shorter skis that are easy to maneuver in moguls, and these are like the best of both worlds :)