Old 10-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #1  
The Last 10lbs!

Default Greek Yogurt Ideas?

Hi everyone. I have 75g (half a pot) of Fage 0% greek yogurt left after making a pasta salad from the WW website but don't know what to do with it and probably won't make the pasta salad again. I don't like eating yogurt because I'm not a fan of the consistancy so I was hoping to put it into a sauce or marinade or something like that. Does anyone have a good greek yogurt recipe they wouldn't mind sharing? I hate wasting food but I'm not going to eat it unless I can turn it into something.

Thanks in advance!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

Smoothies are great, though I'm not sure if you like the consistency of those if you don't like yogurt. But if you can drink/eat them - yogurt, fruit, bit of fruits juice - and blend.
marbear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #3  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Chicken kebabs: mix the yougart with either curry paste or curry power, marinate the chicken and then grill it on skewers. Serve it with pitta and salad.
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #4  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I love curry with yogurt, mix it in with some chicken and veggies (onions, bell peppers, garlic). It's wonderful.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Make dip. Add one of those seasoning packets if you like them. I like to add cucumber, lemon juice and garlic. I haven't tried curry powder but am tempted to try it.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #6  
The Last 10lbs!

Those are great ideas, thanks guys!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 297/ticker/176

Height: 180cm/6ft

Totally agree with the mixing yogurt with curry! One of my favourite foods is Indian, but it is SO bad for you! Butter chicken... the name says it all!

So when I really need an Indian fix, I mix low fat greek yogurt with tandoori curry paste, and put it over a piece of chicken in a small casserole dish and pop it in the oven. With a toasted pita bread instead of a naan, and even a squeeze of lemon juice, it is heaven!
Aussie Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #8  

Height: 5'5"

you can also make peanut satay sauce w it.... a little garlic, little soy, and a tablespoon or two of peanut butter. I'd heat the pb in the micro first so it mixes.

Make chicken skewers, broil, and brush sauce over in last 2 mins. then use extra sauce for dipping. also good on veggies.

you could make fro yo popsicles - see fav weightloss foods thread for recipies - add some fruit and millk and a little sugar?
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote