Old 11-01-2009, 02:16 AM   #16  
E=mc˛

S/C/G: 176/164/140

Height: 5'3"

I'm curious to know how this went! I've met about 15 guys over the last few years online dating and so far none of them worked out in the long-term, but about 50% were positive experiences. I'm no longer on the dating site, but I'm still talking to a guy who found me on it about five months ago. We haven't met yet, but I'm really anticipating doing so soon. Anybody ever feel like you need to lose five more lbs before you meet? I know I do. But do you girls ever think that maybe the guy has some insecurities too?
Einsteini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:50 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

I am actually meeting someone for coffee in about an hour that I met on an online dating site. We've talked both through email and phone for a couple months now, so hopefully it will be a positive experience. I'm a little nervous, but we'll see how things go!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 PM   #18  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Ugh... I used to hate the stupid "coffee" proposition.

It's just an excuse for a guy to see what you look like and decide if he wants to see you again BEFORE he committs to a full priced date.

B**turds.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:19 PM   #19  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

RN:
Hmmm. I see what you mean, I'm sure some guys definitely do that intentionally.

But for me, coffee is just a safe bet. I've done the coffee date a few times off of POF, and I'm often just shockingly grateful that the date is SHORT and SWEET if it turns out that I have absolutely no interest in the guy's personality. To be honest, after 15 minutes, if I'm staring at him, listening to him talk and TRYING to convince myself to be attracted to him (personality AND looks), then I know it's not happening. And I'm glad that the date is just a coffee, and not a whole night where a guy who I KNOW I'm not interested is paying for a whole meal for me!

Soleil... I've done the online dating thing, and it is really horrible to try to find that delicate balance between pics that make you look gorgeous, and ones that you think are "realistic," especially if you (like me) think that the double-chin ones might be more realistic.

Yes, attraction is important, but a good guy won't stress over you being a bit overweight. A good guy will be looking to find someone who he enjoys being around... so be yourself, get the conversation flowing, and worry less about what he thinks of you... and more about whether you think this guy could be right for YOU!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:52 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I've done it too. I'm dating someone right now off a site If it doesn't work out - so be it, it wasn't meant to be

try this site though, it's WAY better then POF.

http://www.okcupid.com

it's free, witty, and there's better people
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:53 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

okcupid is where I met the guy that I went out with earlier today. I'm not quite sure what to think yet. We were there for 2.5 hours, talking about tons of different things....but I don't know. He didn't even offer to pay for my drink, which normally I don't care about, but it just seemed odd. There was less awkward silence in person than there is sometimes when on the phone.

It was nice and although I was kind of indifferent about it earlier today, I had a nice time. We'll see what comes of it.
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:25 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5' 3"

I'd say go for a date two, maybe you were both nervous and what not?
garstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 02:39 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Thanks for posting the other site. I've been using POF since shortly before I moved to San Diego however it seems like all of the guys I talk to are just looking for a booty call which I'm not looking for. So I'm still going to try but I'll try that too.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 AM   #24  
E=mc˛

S/C/G: 176/164/140

okcupid was what i was using also. there are a lot of creepers on there though... well, i guess you get that with any dating site.
Einsteini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #25  
Courtney

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/154

Height: 5'6 Age: 29

Especially on free dating websites... but I guess just like "real life" dating (don't know what else to call it, lol) you have to sift through a lot of frogs online as well before finding a prince.
cormandy62442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #26  
Fit by Spring Break!

S/C/G: 235/211/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, first of all I think you should be safe! Go to a public location and make sure your friends know where you are and check in with them every 20 minutes or so.

Secondly, that's good that you didn't try to hide your weight on your profile pics for the dating site. I think you should go on the date...what's the worst that could happen? He decides he's not interested? Oh well, his loss!

Good luck!
MathGirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote