3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Hi girls - I survived! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/181336-hi-girls-i-survived.html)

luvja 09-08-2009 06:51 PM

Hi girls - I survived!

Hey chickies,
I'm home from my gallbladder removal surgery! I had it first thing this morning. It wasn't so bad, I was up walking around 1 hour after surgery. I'm in pain NOW, mostly from the gas they use to fill up your stomach during surgery. Freaking hurts worse than a damn gallbladder attack OMG! I'm trying to burp the air out but it's not working out so well lol. They gave me T 3's, I took one when I got home, and am really trying not to take anymore, because I'm not down with being constipated! :lol: We will see if I can handle the pain. They cut me in 4 different places, and used STAPLES :mad: to close me up. Probably because my fat jiggly belly would not handle the stitches tape, they would probably break open haha. Now I'm worried about getting the staples out, I heard it hurts?! :lol:
So I am just taking the rest of the week to relax and hang out at home. I probably won't weigh myself for a couple weeks, since they pumped me full of fluids today, and I'm sure my my eating will be whack for the next few days. I weighed in at 240 before I left for surgery this morning (the hospital scale said 238! but I'm going by MY scale :p)
*One good note, my blood pressure is practically normal these days! :D Back when I was 350 lbs, it was always like 160-170-something over 90 or 100-something! And I was under 21 then!!! :yikes: Today my average BP was 122 over 82ish :) :) The nurse said my BP is perfect. Yay weight loss!*

Natoshial 09-08-2009 06:57 PM

I'm glad you came through your surgery okay. I had mine removed in 2001. I know what your talking about with the gas. That shoulder pain is unbearable. I didn't get stables though so I don't know how they feel coming out. Hopefully not to bad. Yay on the lowered blood pressure. I have high cholesterol and I know it would go down if I lost weight.

AmberShimmer 09-08-2009 06:59 PM

You don't know me but it's okay. Great to have you back! :)

I have never had staples put in but I've learned how to take them out in class and I doubt it's any more painful than taking stitches out. There's a special tool used to take them out. Imagine a tiny fork with three prongs. The middle prong pushes the middle of the staple in so that the corners of the staples are lifted and you simply gently pluck the staple out. The staple looks like an inverted 'W', sort of.

krp28806 09-08-2009 07:53 PM

Chewing bubble gum helped me with the gas. It's true the gas is waaayy worse than the gallbladder attacks.

HeatherMcG 09-08-2009 08:13 PM

So glad to hear you are doing well! Take some time for yourself and RELAX! Do you know what that means girlie???!?! It means sit around, catch up on raunchy reality shows and soap operas, text your friends, and SLEEP! :D

Good luck on your recovery.... keep us posted! :hug:

angelanicole23 09-08-2009 08:29 PM

Glad you're back and everything went well! I am with Heather...relax!!!!!

Congrats with your normal blood pressure!! YAYY!!!

luvja 09-08-2009 08:36 PM

Chewing gum helps? Hmmm, I shall try that, because yes the gas is UNBEARABLE holy crap, my shoulder and neck feel like they are broken!
Thanks everyone, you all rock :hug:

utgirl09 09-08-2009 08:42 PM

Yay! I am glad everything went well. And good for you for your blood pressure. Double YAY!

stellarosa27 09-08-2009 08:53 PM

I"m glad everything went well! :)

Iconised Ghost 09-09-2009 01:10 AM

yay you're ok! Hope the gas passes soon :) I dont know about the staples, but they gotta come out so theres no point worrying about them right? :hug:

beautifulmess 09-09-2009 10:50 AM

:) so great to hear you're doing well!

krock614 09-09-2009 12:30 PM

Don't worry about the staples! I could barely feel them taking them out when I had my c section. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

jahjah1223 09-09-2009 03:03 PM

I'm glad everything went well and you're ok!

luvja 09-09-2009 06:57 PM

Thanks everyone!

forestroad 09-09-2009 08:11 PM

Welcome back :) Glad to hear it went well!