Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 AM   #16  
Workin' It

This happens to DH - if he waits too long to eat he gets really nauseated and dizzy. The only thing that fixes it is some ginger ale or making himself eat. If he still doesn't eat then the hunger passes and he isn't hungry for a long time after. I don't know if it is from blood sugar being low or not.
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:58 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 226/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4

I get this way too. I figured for whatever reason it was low blood sugar. I hate this feeling.
Crazy4Kenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 01:43 AM   #18  

I just found this thread as I've been having the same problems. I am not a member of the site but I wanted to register solely to tell you that I have this problem ALL the time, and the ONLY thing I've found that works 100% of the time is promethazine.

I got it as a prescription for a bout of cyclical vomiting, but I would presume it is a valid prescription for most degrees of long-term or recurring severe nausea. It is FANTASTIC!

Hope this helps someone else! Good luck to all of you.
w1ngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:24 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 145/145/105

Height: 5'1

I began a more 'serious' diet the day before yesterday and right now I'm feeling really nauseated. I think it's because I'm used to eating so much sugar throughout the day. I've really cut back my sugar intake and decided not to eat after six.
mushroom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 03:51 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 178/174/135

Height: 5'5''

I have had the same pains all through out my life. I get really cranky and irritated right before the nausea hits. It is probably one of the most uncomfortable feelings I've ever felt...I usually just fight through it or drink water and try to find a snack (esp before going out for dinner or something, I try not to eat too much to supress the feeling so I am able to eat out w/o overeating for example)

But reading through the responses I am second guessing if I may have another issue w/ my body? Never had anything before but I don't think it'd hurt to ask next time I'm at the doc's...hmm
jkatherine is offline   Reply With Quote