Old 08-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/268/182

Height: 5'10

Default While I still can!!

Hey everyone I'm Kelley, this is my 1st ever post on the forum so be gentle!

I'm postin on the 20 something forum cos I'm gonna be 30 in Dec and i'm making the most of it while i can lol.

I haventset any goals or targets as yet - need to think it over for a bit - i have a heck of a lot to lose though!!! Any suggestions on how I should go about it target wise?? A big chunk - keeping my eye on the long term goal or smaller more manageable goals??

Thanks for reading and Ilook forward to your replies x
Bellysgonnagetme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey darling!

A lot of us do both... long-term AND smaller, more manageable goals! It's a great idea to set a long-term one, then pinpoint mini-goals along the way to give yourself motivation to keep working towards the little things!

Keep posting, 3FC is incredibly inspirational, and we'd love to have you aboard!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:11 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

What she said! Hehe. Welcome!

I would suggest choosing your goals based on what you want. A certain MBI? A certain number on the scale? A certain size? A certain way you want to feel? A health problem that you want to eliminate? Etc.

I feel like this was a silly one for me but a good example of unconventional goal planning: I wanted to weigh less than my boyfriend.

You get the idea. Share your goals and accomplishments with us as they come!
Digging Deep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 268/268/182

Height: 5'10

Thanks for the welcomes - I like your idea of setting goals not only based on weight numbers - ie dress sizes, health reasons etc. Think i'm gonna write myself a list of reasons i wanna lose weight.

Also - how do i edit my signature please? I want to a add a ticker
Bellysgonnagetme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #5  

Height: 6'1

^Hi there! I think there are some good suggestions above. I personally love tracking my calories for the day. Its surprising how much I used to eat and why I'm so heavy. Once you set a reasonable calorie goal, you can record your calories into any of the online food diaries like fitday or daily plate. As far as your signature, you have to wait until 20 days have passed and you have atleast 5 posts. I just passed my 20 day mark and was able to get the sig this morning.

Last edited by shasha17a; 08-24-2009 at 05:30 PM.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote