Old 08-20-2009, 08:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

Default "You should eat something or else you'll faint"

Ok.
Who else has this problem? well it's not MY problem. It's every one else's problem mostly. Well, mostly my mom.

Last night before my mom went to bed, I was up working out and so seeing me work out was the last thing she saw before she went to bed. Then,
today she saw me working out early in the morning when she woke up at 6 o clock.
When I walked into the kitchen to get a bottle of water...she just turned to me and said
"You should eat something or you'll faint"
And then I told her
"I ate cereal like an hour ago. You were sleeping"
She just gave me this look and it was so sad because I actually had to tell her
"Don't you see the bowl in the sink?...that's from the cereal I ate"
She told me to eat something more. I told her I don't want to eat more than that because I love cereal. It fills me up! I've been having the same breakfast since 1875 lol

She just assumes that I don't eat a single thing and work out like a maniac day and night. I admit I have been working out like a maniac lately but that's just because I feel more driven then ever this time around. However, it doesn't mean that I'm NOT eating. That's ridiculous. My family (not just my mom) assumes that I eat nothing and only work out.

I think this is mostly because I don't eat when they do or what they do. They hardly ever see me eat because when I eat they're off doing something else and when they eat-I'm off doing something else. I have my own times (eat small meals every 3 hours) but they don't get it for some reason...even though I've explained to them countless times before that it helps speed up the metabolism.

They just make up their minds and think Oh that girl is totally starving herself..and it's not right, you know and it just frustrates me. Sure, I would've done something stupid like that when I was 16 or something but I'm older now and I've gained knowledge on what IS and what ISN'T a healthy lifestyle and what works of course. And sometimes I wish they would be more knowledgeable too you know.

It just kind of sucks.

Last edited by beautifulmess; 08-20-2009 at 08:58 AM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:27 AM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Lol, ohhh man do I ever feel your pain. Luckily, my mother's been home enough in the past little while, chilling in her office right next to the kitchen and now SEES my frequent kitchen trips.... but a little while ago, I had the same sort of issue.
She would pile my plate high with large large portions, and I would sometimes halve it, and she would look at me with a raised eyebrow and a judgmental, "you're not eating very much." and I would have to explain that I wasn't that hungry.....

Good luck, honey!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

beautifulnes ! Congratulations on your 51 pound loss , you are doing great !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:48 AM   #4  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Good luck with your family. My mom used to be like that with me, but the only thing I can say is I *wasn't* eating.

For you, I think they just have to see it to believe it. Maybe make a point of eating in front of them or something so they get off your back.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #5  
Which round am I at now?

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 5-3/4"

Well, some people DO develop psychological problems where they're exercising all the time and never eat. Exercisarexia?

Me, I *do* pass out when I don't eat. Somewhere after the time I turn into a growling impatient monster. I would have probably said that to you too

Of course, we here are probably better educated about eating, metabolism and meal control. I'm sorry your Mom just doesn't get it.
souvenirdarling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Ha. No one in my family has ever accused me of not eating. However my mom is always pestering me about working out too hard. She thinks I'll over-exert myself or injure myself. "You can't just jump into it" I'm 23! What is intense to her really isn't to me.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 05:34 PM   #7  
~*Lupo di Autunno*~

S/C/G: 162/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulmess View Post
They just make up their minds and think Oh that girl is totally starving herself..and it's not right, you know and it just frustrates me. Sure, I would've done something stupid like that when I was 16 or something but I'm older now and I've gained knowledge on what IS and what ISN'T a healthy lifestyle and what works of course. And sometimes I wish they would be more knowledgeable too you know.
Trust me, eating disorders have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with any gained knowledge or book reading. I actually commend your family - not eating with others, exercising profusely, and constantly having to explain your dieting habits are all symptoms of an eating disorder - no, I'm not accusing you of having one, but I think that having a family that's concerned for your well-being is very lucky.
Wolf Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote