Old 08-01-2009, 01:33 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5' 10"

I got a job!!

I quit my well-paying, amazingly frustrating job almost exactly a year ago and went back to school to finish my BA. Since then, the economy has gone down the tubes and I haven't been able to find any kind of job that would fit my school schedule. Also, all of the student loans companies have dried up, so I'm here, struggling to stay above water, AND bored out of my mind with no job.

So finally, a few weeks ago, I check the website of the hospital connected to my university, and they have the PERFECT job listed. Perfect position, perfect place, perfect hours and shift. I applied for it, like I do with any job that looks remotely plausible, and hoped for the best. Well holy ****, 4 days later I get a call for an interview. I was still apprehensive because he said 40 people applied for the position, but I tried my hardest to charm the pants off of the man and show what I know.

Well it worked! I got the call yesterday that they want me for the position, and I was barely able to contain my excitement and remain professional on the phone. I have to take out my lip piercing, which sucks, but this job is my holy grail of jobs right now, so it's totally worth it.

The last time I had a position like this, I lost weight like crazy because of the insanity and chaos involved with it (emergency room), so I'm hoping that's another perk involved here. AAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! =DDDDD
Not that girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #62  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

sending good vibes to luvja
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:25 AM   #63  
It's the final countdown!

S/C/G: 181/150.2/125

Height: 5'3

Many vibes to Luvja! Get feeling better!

Congrats on the job notthatgirl! That is AWESOME!

Here's the the weekend ... & staying on track!
KEmery08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:54 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

Congrats on the job notthatgirl! I know how you feel. I'm home for the summer from school and it was just absolutely impossible to find a job or even an non-paying internship. Stupid economy. That's like 10% of the reason I want to continue on into grad school, I'm terrified of graduating from college and being jobless for ages.
Good news for me yesterday! My visa got approved! I'll leaving the first of September. In addition to being excited about going, the visa itself is really cool too, its a big sticker in my passport, with my photo and all these cool shiny bits.
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:51 AM   #65  
yay short girls!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

luvja - praying for you. get better soon, girl!

notthatgirl - that's great!

piedpiper - where are you headed?
minitwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

i'm going to be in London. i'm not really sure it would be possible for me to be more excited about it. the last time i was there i LOVED the city, definitely my favorite city in the world so far. and at the time i was only there for about a week, just doing touristy things so i'm thrilled to live there.
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:40 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Notthatgirl....congratulations on the job!!! You sound so excited for it

Piedpiper....have fun living in London. That sounds so exciting. Sometimes I wish that I had the guts to pack up and leave. Having summers off (I'm a teacher) would be perfect for that! haha

Luvja...feel better!!!!

So, I am so FREAKING excited!!! The scale FINALLY moved!!! I dropped about 2.5 pounds since last week. I knew all that walking around NYC would help get things moving again!! I was hoping for a loss but wasn't expecting much of one because the eating wasn't the best it could be since I had to rely on a lot of restaurant meals. Although, NY does list the calories in the menus....so that definitely helped me choose! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:43 PM   #68  
yay short girls!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

piedpiper - color me jealous!! I'm with chele, would never have the guts to move overseas, I'd get so homesick. I get ridiculously homesick even though I'm only 1500 miles away from home. (in Baltimore, home is Chicago)

Chele - CONGRATS!! I'm thrilled too, my scale finally went down, it took 2 days of OP eating to get down from 126.4 to 123.6, go figure. I still haven't lost any inches, so I'm still slightly discouraged...

How's everyone else faring?
minitwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote