Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 AM   #1  

Default I dont know how/where to start!

Hello

I have been trying to lose weight for many years and kind of gave up for the past few months.

I really reallly reallly want to lose weight for my health and mainly to feel good about myself.

I weight 156 pounds and i would love get to 134.

I want to do lose 10 pounds in 30 days.

But im just so overwhelmed i dont know what to do how to start, like do i start right now...where is the start line!

Should i keep a journal? wll i stayy motivated? what if i fail?

I just dont know what to do with myself.

I have jillians 30 day shred so im gong to start that and i know what kind of diet to eat....

im just feeling overwhelemd!
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:04 PM   #2  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey Romana!
Here's my advice, and feel free to take it or leave it!

Alright, let's see. For starters, if I were you... I would scratch that "10 lbs in 30 days" thing if you're just starting out. Everyone's body is different, and you may or may not be able to lose 10 lbs that quickly. It may happen no problem! But the fastest way to give up on yourself is to make a lofty goal, and try to crash diet your way there, and fail.

So, JUST TO START.... instead of making a 10 lbs in 30 days goal, I'd just set your goal. If you want to be at 134, let's shoot for that. And if you want to set a mini goal of 10 lbs... great! But I wouldn't give it a time line quite yet, until you see what kind of pace your body is losing at. There's nothing that takes the joy out of losing 7 lbs than losing 7 lbs by a date when you'd planned on losing 10.

To start... (and you should DEFINITELY start today!), I'd take each day as it comes. Plan out when you'll have time to do the 30DS, and map out what you're going to eat today (including low-calorie snacks in case you're hungry at a non-meal time). It'll help keep you on-track!

Keeping a journal of what you eat, and when you exercised is NEVER a bad idea! Writing down everything you eat can help you to realize what foods are snacking trigger foods for you, and realize when you're taking in more calories than you realize through grazing/snacking.

Everyone's motivated by different factors. A lot of ladies come on here to get that motivation. Checking out the "goal" photo albums is a great motivator... and so is checking in with the "getting out of the ___" threads. The ladies in the "getting out of the 150s" thread would love you to join them! You can check in with them, let them know what you weigh in at each day you do, and keep tabs on their progress as well. It's very motivating, and you never feel alone!

Every one here has "failed" at one point or another. Failing isn't the end of the world. The fact of the matter is that every lady here has picked herself back up and started again when that happened. I've been here since... what, 2007? And I haven't reached my goal of 135 yet. But I've dug deep and made a major accomplishment. I used to be 176 lbs... and I haven't been above 160 in a long time now. Almost a year. So sure, I've "failed" before... fallen off the wagon a few times, and let my weight go back up a bit. But I'm still here. And at a lower weight than I've been in over 3 years.
Failure happens. It's what happens AFTER you fail that matters. You pick yourself back up, and you keep at it. And 3FC is great for that, since everyone is so supportive, and really believes in you, even when you're having a hard time believing in yourself.

Don't be overwhelmed. You've got a plan of attack. You've already crossed the starting line. Now you just need to get your stride. Start the 30DS, plan out what you're going to eat today, and tomorrow... and take things from there.

You can do this honey, we all have faith in you. Good luck, and keep in touch!!!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM   #3  
Don't Stop Me Now!

S/C/G: 205/177/145

Height: 5-10

What a great post, Jelb! So much practical advice and encouragement - even for non-newbies!
sharongracepjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:48 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 135/132.5/125

Height: 5ft4in

Jelbb is so smart! Great post!
Kataclismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #5  

Jelbb thankyou for your post it was sooo motivational and fantastic and im feeling less overwhelmed now!
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:21 PM   #6  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Lol, you guys are way too sweet. Thanks, I'm glad you're not like, "Who the **** are you to tell me--!?!?!"

We're always thrilled to have a new regular aboard honey, so stick around. Have you gotten in the 30DS yet today? Are you just starting on it? I totally wanted to punch Jillian on the very first day, I was gasping for breath so hard... but by the 4th or 5th, I was able to get the whole way through without more than a 5 second break for a gulp of water!
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

That's great advice from jelbb!

I just gotta say, that Jillian's 30 Day shred is a great workout! It kicks my but! I do it every other day and am on level two currently, it's still hard, but results follow!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote