Old 07-25-2009, 10:55 AM   #31  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I'd LOVE to take pictures like you ladies, but I have no idea how to do it. My roommates aren't exactly of the female persuasion, and would probably freak the eff out if I was like okay, just take a picture /turns around, takes off shirt. I can distinctly see at least one of them running from the room.

Maybe I'll try later when I have my bathing suit on.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 11:23 AM   #32  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

What year is your camera from? Because if it's from the last... 5 years or so, GUARANTEED it's got a timer on it. You set it on a shelf, you do a couple of trial-and-error shots to see if it's on a high/low enough shelf, and you pose, feeling like a tool the whole time.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 04:43 PM   #33  
Brighter than the moon!

Good point. I have to find the box/instructions.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Wow Jelb you are looking great!!!!!
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 09:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 170/Ticker/124-126

Height: 5'3"

i should take a back pic and my full of loving love handles.
jahjah1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:45 AM   #36  
Queen Yo-yo

Thanks college!

Do it, jahjah!

And stella, chances are it's just under the menu button, and "set timer."
Old 07-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #37  
Brighter than the moon!

I just used my roommates girlfriend. I was too annoyed with my camera yesterday to figure it out, its not directly under menu, I have to get icons to show up...I'm not friendly with technology

So these would be the first of many (also somewhat graphic as I'm in my bathing suit - that I don't wear outside - and a bra and work out pants.

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...sa27/Progress/
Old 07-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #38  
Queen Yo-yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellarosa27 View Post
I just used my roommates girlfriend. I was too annoyed with my camera yesterday to figure it out, its not directly under menu, I have to get icons to show up...I'm not friendly with technology

So these would be the first of many (also somewhat graphic as I'm in my bathing suit - that I don't wear outside - and a bra and work out pants.

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h1...sa27/Progress/
Ahhh, that link doesn't work honey!
Underneath the photo, find the "direct link" and post that one.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

I feel you! This is my IMPROVED back fat:

When I was 31 pounds heavier, I had two VERY distinct rolls on both sides... now it's more like one very distinct roll on each side and one sorta roll on each side.... and it's still pretty bad, but before it was REALLY bad! And to think according to BMI I'm only like 12 pounds overweight now.. My back fat and size 14 pants seem to disagree!
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

It's totally interesting to me (perhaps mainly because I'm a biology major/nerd?) how differently people carry weight. Do other people find this quite as fascinating? I don't think I really carry any significant extra weight on my back. Most of mine goes straight to my tummy/thighs.
Even more interesting because megwini you and I are of relatively similar heights/weights, so you'd think our bodies would end up looking kinda similar. I'll probably go be nerdy and read some research about what determines where you gain weight!
Regardless congrats to you both megwini and and jelbb for losing some roll distinctness!
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:19 PM   #41  

PiedPiper: Yeah, I don't gain much in my thighs. It all goes straight to my tummy, and then I gain some in my back, and some in my boobs. But my arms and thighs aren't all that big at all. So everyone's different! Also, it depends on your frame size. Do you know your frame size? I have a small frame, which means my bones weigh less so at 181 I'm actually carrying more body fat than someone of my height and weight with a larger bone structure.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

I didn't have a before pic of my back but from the 2nd pic you can just imagine what it may have been like..lol.

The back pic was taken today by my bf (his response.."the things you get me to do" lol) and my weight is 144...up a few lbs..lol.

Don't mind the birthmark (my mother craved and ate so many brownies while she was pregnant and thinks thats why i have it ..lol) and the tanned arms/albino back.

I have found a huge difference in my back since losing weight...what amazes me is that fat will go EVERYWHERE if it can!

Great thread!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ang_back_photo.jpg (8.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg n595980296_611330_3969.jpg (39.2 KB, 29 views)
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 192/166/150

Height: 5'11"

Megwini- You probably have a smaller frame than I do. I'm definitely not a large, more like a medium. I have strangely small hands/feet for someone of my height. (My Dr. says my small feet actually affect my balance, haha. I'm basically the clumsiest person ever!) I've heard you tell frame size by how far you can wrap your fingers around your wrist? Is that what y'all go by?
Angelanicole23- wow! such a difference. congratulations!
PiedPiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

You look great! Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration.

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiedPiper View Post
Megwini- You probably have a smaller frame than I do. I'm definitely not a large, more like a medium. I have strangely small hands/feet for someone of my height. (My Dr. says my small feet actually affect my balance, haha. I'm basically the clumsiest person ever!) I've heard you tell frame size by how far you can wrap your fingers around your wrist? Is that what y'all go by?
Angelanicole23- wow! such a difference. congratulations!
Well, the wrist method works, but the elbow method is the most accurate. You bend your elbow at a 90 degree angle, and you measure the distance between the two bones sticking out. If you google it I'm sure you can find a website with the info on it.
The reason that the elbow test is more accurate is that you can accumulate fat around your wrists, which, when measured, would make your wrist circumference larger. However, if you don't store much fat on your wrists and want to measure that way, you measure your wrist circumference with a tape measurer. Or, the TRUE eyeball method is, wrap your middle finger and thumb around your wrist. If they don't touch, you have a large frame, if they just touch you have a medium frame, and if they overlap, you have a small frame. However, measuring is far more accurate than this eyeball method.