Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

Question Can anyone help me with idea's for mini goals?

Well I want to come up with some mini goals. I'm quite a competitive person and I think if I have goals to work towards they'll keep me on the wagon.

I'm 217lbs and I want to get to 160lbs, my bmi is 31.5 and I'd like to get it down to 23. So if anyone has any idea's for some mini goals that would be great as I'm struggling to come up with anything.

x
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Do you want weight-based mini goals or on plan mini goals? How about both?

I'm a little mini goal pixie. I simply LOVE the thrill of accomplishing things.

I use both percentages -and- pounds. I also have my 99 on plan mini goal, but you can always start smaller. Something like 7 days on plan no excuses.

You've already passed a few of the goals I'd have set out for myself, but since you're just asking for some suggestions, I'll list out what goals I'd have were I at your weight:

15% (of 246 lost) - 209.1
ONEDERLAND - 199.9
20% - 196.8
50 lbs - 196.0
25% - 184.5

Then I'd have daily and weekly goals:

Activity for 30 minutes a day
Minimum servings of vegetables/fruit to fit into my food plan for the day

I consider my daily plans to be mini-goals. That way I get to feel accomplished every day.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:50 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 266/152/140

Height: 5 ft 9

daily mini goals are such a good idea, especially if the scales aren't being friendly. I just need to step it up a notch, I'm the kind of person, if given 1/2 a chance, that will coast and do as little as possible. Its not my favourite aspect of my personality. I think mini goals will help me to give 110% effort.
IsobelRose22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:43 AM   #4  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

My mini goals are based on BMI. I used this calculator:

http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Health...alculator.aspx

because in the results it displays a bar with the "zones" of weight in. So I basically calculated the halfway points to each landmark BMI. So for example, here are my mini goals:

Starting weight: 193 lbs - Obese BMI
183 lbs - Halfway to Obese/Overweight BMI
180 lbs - Obese/Overweight BMI - No longer obese
165 lbs - Halfway to Overweight/Healthy BMI
150 lbs - Overweight/Healthy BMI
140 lbs - Halfway to Healthy BMI
130 lbs - Healthy BMI and at goal weight.

Other mini goals can be personal. For instance one of my mini goals is to be lighter than my boyfriend, which would mean being less than 150 lbs. Other people say high school weight, but I think that's a bit unrealistic since you're still growing in high school so it's not very accurate.

Another mini goal of mine is to compete in a 10k race. I also have a training programme and I calculated the total number of miles I would be running leading up to the race, added the 10k race distance itself and made the Ticker in my signature.

Other people like to complete a programme too as a mini goal - such as Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote