3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   naturally thin (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/177121-naturally-thin.html)

garstar 07-20-2009 04:20 PM

naturally thin

I watch how my naturally thin friends eat. It fascinates me. Having had an ED for a large portion of my life - I have no idea what normal eating is. Which I'm sure is how a lot of us feel. So I'm always watching my friends eat.

So ruling out all my male friends (who eat like 1 huge meal a day) these are things I've noticed:

- They eat normal portioned meals of normal calorie foods.
- Don't ponder while standing in front of their cupbards about what to eat
- They ENJOY their food, but not to the point of no return
- They don't snack, or always have to have something in their mouths
- They forget about food until they are hungry again

Basically - food isn't a big deal to them it seems. They just eat reasonably - what they want when they are hungry. I wish I could just forget about food and not think about it every second of the day..

stellarosa27 07-20-2009 04:25 PM

Agreed. I've seen the same things in my friends, and its so frustrating.

belezura 07-20-2009 05:47 PM

wow... you got it!!!
That’s why I LOVE 3FC. People here can see things with the same “eyes” than I.
I had this terrible experience this summer.
My best friend is losing weight and is so upset about it. (And I having a hard time to make my schedule to move down)...
She tells me she doesn’t feel like eating because she is going through tough times in her life right now... and sometimes she has to push food down her through.
She says she keep forgetting to eat - How can it even happen?????
And sometimes she is talking to me on the phone and says: I am starving.
And I tell her to go eat and she reply she will after we finish...
Whenever I am hungry I can’t hold to go for food.... In fact I can’t hold to go for food at any time....
Furthermore when I am stressed and going through hard times I reflect that on food and overeating it :(
Naturally thin people are in a different level, which I’ll never be... :(

forestroad 07-20-2009 06:58 PM

Yeah the fact that they don't think about what they're going to eat until they're hungry again never ceases to amaze me. I feel like I'm always planning my next meal, and food is never far from my mind.

And yeah, my guy friends do that too...they just don't think to eat until they're like hey, it's 5 o'clock, maybe I should eat something, and then wolf down 1 HUGE meal.

garstar 07-20-2009 07:03 PM

My boyfriend can easily not eat all day then sit down and nom down a 2000 calorie meal from BK or Pizza Hut.

WHAT!

sleepandfood 07-20-2009 07:40 PM

garstar, my boyfriend is exactly the same way..one meal per day. he always says he forgets to eat too.

i just can't relate...i wake up thinking about breakfast....

stellarosa27 07-20-2009 08:54 PM

I go to sleep thinking about breakfast...

kswood87 07-20-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellarosa27 (Post 2835389)
I go to sleep thinking about breakfast...

ditto:o

kk140 07-20-2009 11:21 PM

LOL me too

StarCarly 07-21-2009 12:02 AM

My whole day revolves around food! I have friends that can just eat what they want, when they want and not give it a second thought. My boyfriend is like alot of yours; he'll eat nothing all day then remember to have a huge fatty supper, drink some beers and forget all about food for another day.

aneleh 07-21-2009 07:31 AM

Yea I remember when I saw my friend once eat one cookie from a pack and then put the rest away for another day. I was shocked! lol something so simple, I wouldn't have been able to do that. Her reason for that was she just didn't 'feel' like another one.

garstar 07-21-2009 07:51 AM

mmm breakfast

170starting 07-21-2009 09:32 AM

I think about food ALL day too. My sister is one of those naturally thin people and it makes me so jealous. I am also a person recovering from an eating disorder that has lasted for 11 years. I do so well for a while and then something stresses me out and I go back to it. I would be so grateful if I only thought of food for even half the time that I do now. My life would be so less complicated.

belezura 07-21-2009 10:02 AM

Talking about waking up for breakfast. Every time I am on vacation and am staying in a nice hotel, my motivation to get up early (since they have a scheduled time) is having the nice breakfast...
It is not even the beaches or places to go, but the thought of what they will have for breakfast... that’s sad :(
One day my skinny pregnant sister said: “Now, that I am pregnant, the breakfast is a reason for me to get up”...
And I was: WHAT???? I was like that my entire life!
That’s when I realized I really have a food issue and people around me doesn’t feel the same way I feel around food.
Until then I thought everyone was like me.

Jelbb 07-21-2009 10:45 AM

Ohh, I can totally relate. My brother's fiance and I were playing a board game yesterday, and I made us spaghetti for dinner, portioned it out and set her bowl in front of her.

Without even thinking about it, I'd shoveled my food into my greedy face, and my bowl was entirely empty of pasta within about 2 minutes.

I stared across the table at her, and realized that my 120 lb sister in law had eaten two noodles, muttered something about it being too hot... then proceeded to graaaaze on it for the rest of the game (about 30 minutes) until it was finally gone.

Why can't I change my eating habits? How come when there's food in front of me, I shovel it into my mouth like a greedy two year old? How come I HAVE to portion control my food, because I know I won't stop eating (even when I'm full!) if I don't? Why am I like this???