Old 07-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Hello girls!!! Everyone sounds like they're having a good week so far! I haven't been around much since Monday but it's been a crazy fun week. My friend from Toronto came to visit for a couple days and we spent Tuesday and Wednesday shopping like mad women! Well, I was semi reasonable....and Jen went out of control! LOL But compared to what she would be paying for the same stuff in Toronto, she was getting lots of good deals, so it worked out.

Lululemon actually had a nicely sized sale section and I ended up buying PANTS there!!!! I have their biggest sized hoodie and it's pretty fitted, so I was telling my friend that there was probably no way that I would fit into their pants since they only go up to a size 12 and I'm definitely more towards a 14-16. Anyway, I tried one pair one anyway that my friend picked out for me and they were huge....I had to go down to a size 10! Seriously, a freaking size 10?!?!?! I know, it's all vanity sizing because other size 10's on the rack looked like they would fit my ankle, but it's ok. I bought the lulu pants because they were on sale AND mainly because they were a size 10! The people working there let us stay after they closed while they were cleaning...mainly because they saw the huge pile of clothes Jen had! haha Successful shopping trips all around!

My car got rejected because the airbag light was on....so we got up early Tuesday morning to get that fixed at the Ford place. The light was off when I picked it up and everything looked good. Of course, it's back on this morning and was discovered when we went to bring it to get the sticker again. UGH! Now I have to call the place again. I have so much stuff to do in the next couple of days that I don't have the time for this
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:40 PM   #32  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Luvja:
Thanks!
And... yeah, I mentioned Hamilton's rainy weather to me mom, and she was all, "Yeah, it's been REALLY pouring down that direction, actually---" Gotta come up here to sunny "Northern" Ontario. (Lol, I'm so full of it, it's pouring today. It WAS nice yesterday and the day before tho...)
Hailing?? Really, is it that chilly? Man.

Chele:
They have Lululemon in the states now!? Sweet, and the Canadian companies take over, muwahahaha.
And yeah, I loooove their sizes. I'm like.. an 8 or a 6 sometimes, and I'm like, "pfffft" because I'm CLEARLY neither an 8 OR a 6, lol. I just bought a couple of pairs of shorts from there. Expensive like mad, but soooo cute. ...tho, I guess they'd be cheaper in the states, depending on what the conversion rate is... your friend from TO probably got a rocking deal, lol.

Sorry about your car! If it makes you feel any better, mine was making a horrible noise today, so I took it in... turns out the right-wheelbearing needed to be replaced. But ohhh, the lovely people just HAD to check my fluids, and discover that my transmission fluid is so dirty it's as black as my oil, and my OIL is filthy as well, and everything needs to be changed, changed, changed. $600 later... *sob*
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Jelbb.....there are a handful of lululemon stores in the states, mainly in the bigger cities (Boston, Chicago, NYC, LA, etc), but the mall in the next town over from me has one and I love it!!!! My friend was freaking out because everything she got was on sale and she got the jacket that she has been coveting for a long time for like $80 cheaper than if she bought it when it first came out.

That stinks about your car. Thankfully my light thing is covered under the warranty, but it's still frustrating because I want to be able to drive my car!
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:18 AM   #34  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

thanks, i get some grumpy when im sleep deprived lol. Last night was much better ^_^
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:07 AM   #35  

Height: 5'9"

I drink too much coffee. It's after 2am and here I am. I guess I could say, GOOD MORNING LADIES
I ate great today...ugh, well "yesterday", besides dinner. I ate at my friends house and she made quesadila's(spelling? I'm new to Mexican food!) and fries.
I hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend.

Last edited by luvja; 07-24-2009 at 02:08 AM.
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #36  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Good morning ladies I'm so proud to be from NJ today - the land of gay governors and rabbis selling kidneys. One day, I'd like my home state to have some sort of respectable scandal. Aside from that, I'm up 0.8 lbs to 202, and slightly annoyed about it, but I'll just exercise a lot this weekend and be really careful about my food. My co-worker gave me a scale, so now I have no excuse to not keep track. I'm just so nervous because this is where I stalled last time.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:33 AM   #37  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Stella- You got this! You are so close, chica...have you been taking your measurements? When you feel like you're stalling on the scale, you may be changing in other areas...

I had kind of an interesting experience for me yesterday. After breakfast and lunch, my calorie count was up to about 700, which is pretty low. I was meeting my friend for tea at a place called Dobra, and got a rice milk-based matcha, a pita with some olive oil, and some mochi to munch on. Afterwards, I was full but thought I still needed to eat dinner bc I couldn't possibly have consumed enough to put me much over 1000 calories for the day, and it was just tea and some snacks right? But, I listened to my body, thinking that maybe I didn't need as much bc I hadn't worked out at all that day, and when I got home around 10 I entered what I had for tea into fitday, and low and behold I totaled about 1350 for the day. So plus one for listening to my body
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #38  
Brighter than the moon!

Woo hoo Forest

I have to take my measurements tomorrow, I haven't in a few weeks (been kind of busy in the mornings). Also I did just weigh myself after downing 30 oz of water and coffee. Not the smartest time to do it but I was testing out my "new" scale.
Old 07-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #39  
I will do this.

Hi girls.

I am coming along just fine. Getting back into my old eating habits.

I had the opportunity to get Wendy's at 12am last night but didn't...came home and drank some water and went to bed...

TOM is here and although I do feel the usual bloat my water weight seems to be going away and I don't feel as bad. Huzzah. Probably has to do with walking the dog 3 times a day and drinking my water.

The boy and I are going food shopping today (one of my favorite things to do) but sometimes I feel like I get in a rut with shopping. As I put stuff in the basket I see his "inner calculator" adding stuff up...which makes me feel guilty. And although I have NEVER gone over our food budget I just always see him rolling his eyes as I go for the natural breads, more expensive chicken and organic veg/fruits....I also hardly ever venture from my "usual list"...

Oh yeah - any suggestions on side dishes which aren't full of cals or sodium and aren't brown rice or pasta?

I swear he could live off of 95 cent pot pies, bacon and cans of beans. Must be an English thing. Little does he know I am helping him as well as myself eat healthy.

I hope everyone has a O/P weekend! Love ya'll
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #40  
Brighter than the moon!

Taylor - what about sweet potatoes? I was watching Cook Yourself Thin this weekend and they did interesting things with sweet potatoes. You could mash them, make twice baked potatoes, etc.

So because today is Friday and the bosses aren't here, I may have been slacking. Lately I've been getting terrible headaches, dizzy spells, etc so I just put all those in google and came up with "hypoglycemia" - this is worrisome because they used to test me all the time for diabetes and thyroid issues, so I guess its time to go back to the darn doctor. I tried to get an appt. today, but she's all booked up. If I keep getting dizzy I'm just going to have a roommate take me to urgent care. This has been going on for the past few weeks and I'm starting to get a little freaked out by it.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:06 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 245/228/145 (low of 221.8 '09)

Height: 5'7"

Hey all!

This is my first time on the weekly chat - I haven't been on 3FC very long.

This is my third week of active dieting (this time around!) I was down 6.5lbs and lost all my motivation after overeating Sunday. I felt the enthusiasm slipping but I think I pulled it back together and might still register a loss tomorrow (my weigh-in day).

Not weight related - I had an amazing day at work! I am new there - it's just a summer thing but I keep hoping they will keep me on parttime during my last year of school and offer my a fulltime job at the end. Today the big boss said I have been getting flowing reviews and for the FIRST time he said he hoped I could stay on during the semester part-time. (The last three times we met, he kept saying "but that will be in the Fall when you aren't here anymore" or things like that. YAY!

Stella - you can do this!
Taylor - red lentils! They are smooth and buttery when you cook them. Yum! Also Taylor, my mom died of cancer, too. Sucks, doesn't it?
FatGirlTale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 08:29 PM   #42  
I will do this.

Yes, yes it does.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #43  
Brighter than the moon!

/coughs lightly and nods toward my ticker.

WOO HOO. I guess it really does matter when you weigh yourself after eating breakfast and drinking a lot of liquids. Whoops.

Thanks for all of the encouragement

Welcome FatGirlTale!!

My roommates are a darn bad influence. I went out for dinner with a college friend last night and then we went to see the Ugly Truth (really funny, but raunchy). I had veggie sushi, some popcorn, but nothing to put me over. My intention was to go to sleep early to go spinning this morning. Then I get home and they're all outside drinking wine and they're like NO JRO COME OUT HERE. So I was up until 3:30 discussing lots of things - started out with them giving me guy advice, spiraled down into what a person is "worth." Needless to say, spinning at 9:30 did not happen. I was going to go hiking, then I checked the weather. 91 degrees. Um yeah, I'm just going to go to the pool and then do laps between sunning myself and then do 30DS when I get home later. They're NOT keeping me up tonight, I swear...
Old 07-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #44  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

Congrats Stella! ONEDERLAND!!!!
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:36 PM   #45  
yay short girls!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

omg stella that is AWESOME!!!

side dishes - I usually do steamed veggies even if I've already got loads of them in the main dish, or beans are always good, especially black beans - tonnns of protein. if I'm in the mood for crunchiness I'll have some raw almonds.

my motivation is taking a nosedive, y'all. I have eaten way off program for a week and gained back a few pounds. I'm not sure that eating on program for 4 weeks for weight that took 1 week to put on is worth it. :-/
minitwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote