Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 08:59 AM   #61  
hottie in training

hi everyone, well it is July 31. i guess we need to come together (if we want to) and see how we did with our goals. as you all probably know, i didn't make it to 147 in fact i've gained a pound (overall) this month. maybe making a goal to lose a certain amount of weight was not a good idea for me. but i did do good w/exercising (i lifted more weights this month than ever before!) and journaling, even when i eat terribly.
betty, to answer your question, i could be doing better with my ww. i am counting my points. my biggest problem still is eating too much at night! how can i convince my bf we need to eat healthier? i know he is not in control of what i put in to my mouth, but it is hard to eat lite when someone else wants to eat heavy. any suggestions?
well i will go for now. talk to you all soon!

jenn 178/154/135?
Old 07-31-2002, 11:37 AM   #62  

Jenn, I understand exactly what you are going through with your boyfriend!!! I live with mine and its hard to diet when you are cooking for two! Although we both have similar tastes, we have totally different ideas about dieting! We are trying to do it together but its hard because I want to exercise but he is lazy which then makes me lazy and I never get around to it. And the food he likes to cook when dieting just isn't appetizing to me. I like to cook meals that don't make me feel like I'm dieting. For example, last night I made salad, turkey burgers, stuffed peppers and a side dish of these little dumpling things. I got all the recipes from the net and the whole thing added up to only 6 WW points!!!! Jeremy liked it but he doesn't understand why I have to be all creative when I am dieting.

Monique, thanks for the suggestion but when I buy stuff especially for him and special stuff for me, even though I label it, he ends up eating my stuff too!!! What to do, what to do?!?!?!?

~Brooke
165/154/125
Old 07-31-2002, 01:28 PM   #63  

Hi everyone! Just wanted to check in with you to let you know how I did for this callenge. I ate oatmeal / fruit for breakfast and had salads w/ fat free dressing for lunch.. chicken / beef / fish w/ rice and veggies for dinner (eating fruit in between each meal)... I worked out for 1 hour at least 4 times a week... (stairmaster, stationary bike, weight lifting, crunches).. Okay.. I was 175 and I totaly forgot what my goal was, but now I'm 168. I do feel proud of myself because I've never been able to stick to it like this before. You guys have been an inspiration. Thanks. Are we ready for the next month's challenge??
Old 07-31-2002, 01:47 PM   #64  
hottie in training

miss lovely, congrats on your loss, you did great! not just losing weight, but the food & exercise was fantastic as well. good for you!
monique, i know exactly what you mean saying that if you try too hard to get your husband to change, he is more resistant. i am almost wondering if my bf is resisting exercising/eating right because i am trying too hard to get him to do it. but if he doesn't do it, he is only physically hurting himself! i guess i just have to have more will power. you can eat some pizza but not 3 slices. you can have fast food but not a big mac & large fry. etc etc etc.
brooke-does your bf eat turkey burgers? that is something my bf would never dream of eating!

today i am doing good so far. i had a nutrigrain bar & skim milk for breakfast, and a boston market carver sandwhich (no cheese or sauce!) for lunch, with water. I am up to 14 points. This means i have 11 left for the day. I would like to have some grilled chicken tonight if I can get my bf to agree!
Old 07-31-2002, 02:44 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi All...

Jen in answer to your question about your bf, I think that everyone is right. That overly pushing for him to eat healthier won't help unless he wants it to. But honestly my best suggestion would be just to try to slowly begin to incorporate healthier foods into the meals that you prepare. Say start with one "healthier" item each meal and let that go for a week or two then try to have "two" healthier items. And before you know it, he will be eating healthier along with you. I would focus on things that I knew he would enjoy at first and then occasionally throw in something you aren't sure about, but maybe just say somethign to the effect of this looked interesting and you thought y'all might try it together or something like that. At least that's the approach that I think I might try if I was trying to convince my Bf to do that.

Personally, my bf and I have completely different eating habits too. But mine is out on deployment right now, and we don't live together so it isn't as much of an issue. But I also agree that labeling some stuff even if only in your mind, his and some "mine" could be a good way to do it. I do that too, only for different reasons. My bf eats meat and I'm a veggie so if I buy any meat it's obviously marked "his" in my mind before I pick it up. I think that getting to that point on the health foods is a wonderful goal to strive foward.

As far as how things are going for me. I haven't have a chance to weigh lately. Believe it or not I don't own a scale. So I haven't weighed in just over a week. But I do know that I feel lighter and my stomach is flatter. So I think I may have lost a lb or two. Nothing major though, I would say 2lbs at the most is what I've lost this last week. And I'm not entirely sure if that's true.

I'm really frustrated at this point even with the exercise. My plans this week to exercise haven't panned out like I had hopped. I guess I need to push harder about getting up in the AM to exercise b/c my evenings are so busy that despite my best intentions and my desire to be exercising the activites aren't allowing it.

My nephew is still in NICU and so I have been pulling my usual share of the weigh on keeping my niece with me both Monday evening and last night. Monday she fell asleep shortly after supper and thus I got the ABS and upper body workout in. Last night, it was thundering by the time I suggested a walk. I figure that if I couldn't swim we could walk, but that didn't pan out either. B/c the weather got bad. Had plans for a jog this afternoon to make up for the lack of one on Monday. But it is now raining. But may not be at 5:00 so it's still possible. Ugh!! There has to be a good time to get all this done!

Sorry for the vent y'all....just feeling a little frustrated that I haven't been able to make this work like I would like this week.

Well...now I say let's focus on August

Betty
Old 08-01-2002, 10:58 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 154/144/135

Height: 5'5"

Monique--

Thanks for the encouragement. I know that you are right there is no point in dwelling on the mistakes of July. And I am determined August is going to be better. I think my biggest mistake in July was not taking time for me, and thus I didn't want to get up the next day and exercise in the AM. I would convince myself I could get it done later in the day, even on days that I knew would be so hectic that there was no way it could happen. I'm going to work on getting up in August and just getting out there and exercising. And on making it home earlier even on hectic days so that getting up early to exercise doesn't seem like such a chore.

Brooke---glad to meet you. And do let me know what you think of Stew Smith's site.

Jenn- Hang in there. And I think that Monique gave you good advice about how to slowly easy your Bf into eating more healthily.

It's August....so let's all look ahead to a potentially very goal suceeding month!!

See you in the August Challenge!

Betty
Old 08-01-2002, 02:53 PM   #67  

Hey Betty, nice to meet you too!

I think Stew's site is pretty cool. I printed up that workout but I have to modify it a little for me. I don't have access to a bike or a pool! Do you have any suggestions for exercises that might be able to take their place?
Closed Thread