Old 07-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #16  
On my way...

Height: 5,4 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyGuggenheim View Post
Haha, yup. Once a month I suddenly want to eat everything, I want to punch everyone I see, and songs that I hear on the radio that aren't even sad make me cry, and then TOM starts and it all clicks in my head and I think, "Oh, yeah. Good. I'm not losing my mind, then."
In my case its both, losing my mind and TOM....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraLee View Post
I don't know about you Kate but I did my weekly weigh in today (Think I'm about 1/2 through TOM) and I'm up a pound. So I'm going to take the nice ladies advice and ignore the scale till it about 24 hours after it stops.
I think I am going to do the same thing. I am not brave enough to ignore the numbers on the scale and be rational about it.

Kate109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:34 PM   #17  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizcarly View Post
My first week on this weight loss journey turned out to be my normal "PMS week." But somehow that "Week 1" buzz of being so committed to a new plan obscured the normal symptoms and the start of TOM took me by surprise! And the day it started I had a first week loss of 5 pounds. Totally AGAINST my normal experience.

As a rule I'll gain before and lose after, but it seems my net loss for the TOM no matter how well I stay on-track is the lowest loss of the month... a pound for the week max. If I'm honest, that's totally down to me- it's that I give into the cravings more often.

I can't cite the source but I did read somewhere reputable that we do in fact have a higher metabolism in the pre-TOM week, but it's negligible overall - around 60-80 extra calories burnt per day in that week. It might cover giving in to ONE moderate chocolate craving but that's it! *sigh*
Hello from Aucks!
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote