3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Vitamins? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/176113-vitamins.html)

WormwoodDoll 07-07-2009 08:51 AM

Vitamins?

Hello ladies!

I am just curious if any of you have suggestions for good daily vitamins for young women? I have been into GNC and looked at their products, which are really expensive by the way! I just need some help picking a good multivitamin pack for me.

Lachelle 07-07-2009 09:20 AM

I Women's Once A Day, I use the generic one from Walmart and really like it.

luckylindy 07-07-2009 09:24 AM

I use Juice Plus fruit and veggie vitamins. It's all natural and give you your recommended vitamins and fruit and veggie servings in a day. They are little pricier than the One A Day but I noticed a significant difference after being on them for about 3 weeks and I NEVER get sick anymore. I used to get colds and stuff all the time and now, nothing - ever.

smisen 07-07-2009 09:27 AM

I take the Nature's Way Alive! Multivitamin Whole Food Energizer and a fish oil supplement from Vitacost.com everyday and they work great for me - plus they're a lot cheaper than the GNC products.

luvja 07-07-2009 09:45 AM

I take Women's One a Day Multivitimins. I got a 3 month supply on sale at Walmart for like $8.

stellarosa27 07-07-2009 10:22 AM

I use the generic CVS women's once a day for weight loss. They're not expensive at all.

stargzr 07-07-2009 11:15 AM

I also take One-A-Day Women's multivitamin. I get them from Costco in a large amount (since I do take one every day) for about $13. I want to say it comes with 200 or so. Before I bought one, I compared the amount of the vitamins I wanted and found this to be the best.

Iconised Ghost 07-07-2009 04:55 PM

I take Women's Daily multivitamins, they arent too expensive and a percentage goes to the breast cancer society. Alternatively, if you are strapped for cash your doctor can prescribe them for you and then they tend to be pretty cheap

rosekeet 07-07-2009 08:38 PM

I also take Woman's Once a Day, the generic Target equivalent. I haven't really had anything good or bad happen with them. I also take a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement. Osteoporosis runs in the family, so I really try and make sure I get enough calcium!

mayness 07-07-2009 09:49 PM

Generic women's daily multivitamin for me, too. I'm convinced that it's just as good as anything else, unless they irritate your stomach. I know a couple of people who need special (read: more expensive) vitamins that are easier to digest.

skinnywish 07-07-2009 10:31 PM

I take the Woman's One a Day. The are a light orange color. Like mayness mentioned, any red coated vitamin make me nauseous. I think it must be something in the red dye...

I also take 1 mg of folic acid everyday, just in case DH and I "accidentally" get pregnant! You're apparently supposed to be taking it for a year before you get pregnant to help prevent spina bifida in your baby...and any woman of child-bearing age who is sexually active can technically get pregnant...

JustSharing83 07-08-2009 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lachelle (Post 2816315)
I Women's Once A Day, I use the generic one from Walmart and really like it.

This is what I use as well. The label is equivalent to the name brand vitamins but the price is much more reasonable.

sharpie89 07-13-2009 12:53 AM

Well I take the Womans Multi from Walgreen's, and I take fiber, a womans PMS supplement, and Papaya/marshmallow supplement (for digestion) Its a lot but I have problems...lol

Amma 07-13-2009 01:23 AM

I don't take a multi because most of them upset my stomach and I eat pretty well generally. I'm not a fan of dark greens though (spinach, kale, etc) so I take a liquid greens supplement (Naka Vital Greens.)