Old 06-29-2009, 06:49 PM   #1  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Talking I'm getting a kitten!

I am transferring schools and will now be living at home with my Dad. We've been talking and he finally decided to let me get a kitten! So today bf and I went to the local animal shelter to pick one out. I instantly fell in love with a 2 month old brown tabby. I asked to play with her in the private room, she was so sweet, she cuddled up on my lap and just purred. There was another kitten there that I thought was cute so I asked to look at that one as well. She was a sweetie but I kept thinking about the brown tabby. I filled out the application and let the staff know that she was the one I wanted. However, she has not yet been spayed. So she is going to get surgery for that tomorrow and I will pick her up after class around 4. Here is where you come in, I need to name her! I have a few names in mind so let me know what you think of them, also if you have others you think are cute tell me those as well.

Clementine
Mona
Libby
Maggie

P.S. I have been MIA since school got out, I've had a really busy two last-ish weeks but I'm going to be getting on a more regular schedule soon... so hopefully I will be around more.

Last edited by DRose; 06-29-2009 at 06:50 PM.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:02 PM   #2  
sucker for candy corn

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm so jealous! I really want a cat (okay, really a dog, but my current and future apt complexes don't allow dogs so I'll take a cat!).

I don't have any names to suggest, but of the ones you're thinking about I really like Libby.
Civakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

I vote Clementine or Maggie...My old cat was a brown tabby with a little white belly and I had to leave her w/ my ex bf when i moved :S.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:31 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 192/192/160

Height: 5'6"

I like Libby and Clementine...

Other suggestions:

- Poppy
- Layla
- Lola

I'm getting a girl yellow lab pup in few weeks and have been brainstorming cute names...

You'll have to post some pics!!
skinnywish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/128/124

Height: 5'8"

Aww congratulations!!! I just got a puppy for my birthday and named her Emma, here are some other names I was thinking of:
Dolce
Ava
Sadie
Sahara
Bella
Nala

I really like Libby too though...
blackbeltchica19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 PM   #6  

I love cats and I'm so sad because mine is with my husband hours away (I miss them both) since I'm not allowed pets in the on campus apartments

Have fun with your new kitten they are a joy to have around. Anyways, I love the name Libby.
kswood87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #7  
New BodyBugger!

S/C/G: 317/ticker/175

Height: 5' 9"

BELLA!!! That's what I would name a cat. If I weren't deathly allergic to them of course !
HeatherMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #8  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

If I had another cat (mine is Spindle) I would call her Bella.

But for the names you have, I like Clementine
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #9  
Booty-Tron

S/C/G: 165/131/130

Height: 5'4"

Clementine!
painted lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:13 AM   #10  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

i like mona maye ecause all my cat does is moanxD
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 AM   #11  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

i don't know if cats names really matter. i feel like they tend to chose their own. it's part of their wonderful personalities. they know who they are and they respond to what they like. i once had a friend who's cat's name was simeon but he only responded to fatty (crazy, i know). my cousin's cat was jason, but would only respond to the dog's name, hoby. i think the names you have are all great, but kittykat will probably chose her own regardless.
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:25 AM   #12  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

thts true, sometimes i thik animls just look like certian names you kow. like my cat defiately looks like a Molly
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:23 AM   #13  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

aw yay! congrats!
make sure to post pics.
I think clementine is an adorable name.

I have two kitties - a gray tabby named Lucia after the beautiful island of St. Lucia, and an orange maine coon named Leo because he looks like a lion!
PopcornFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:48 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 230/230/170

Height: 5' 10"

I like the name Clementine. If you've already spent some time with her, I'm sure that the names you've picked totally represent her, too. =)

I have two cats, one named Moe, and the other Big Jim. Both girls. Yeah...... Their names work for them, though.

Congrats on getting a little one! I hope you two have loads of fun and cuddle time together.
Not that girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:37 AM   #15  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyleigh View Post
i don't know if cats names really matter. i feel like they tend to chose their own. ... i think the names you have are all great, but kittykat will probably chose her own regardless.
I agree. I always knew I wanted a black at named Spindle (long story as to where that name came from) - I was never allowed to have a cat growing up, and I moved to MD and in with one of my good friends, who had a cat. We went to the pet store to get him food, and they had those adopt-a-cat things there. I went over to pet the kitties, and there she was, that was my Spindle. I just knew it was her and I like to think we both fell in "love." Granted, she was probably excited to have anyone take her out of there, which would have explained the purring and rubbing, but eh, The name that she had from previous owners was Coco, but she didn't answer to that. She answered to Spindle away, despite the fact that all my idiot friends kept calling her Sprocket. I was like THAT'S NOT HER NAME DON'T CONFUSE HER but she never got confused.

Seriously, the best impulse "purchase" ever.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote