Old 07-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 232/tick/150

Height: 5'8"

HELP MEEEEEE!!!
Dah! So my guests came this weekend, and I wasn't good. I can't start being good again. I'm not being overly bad, I'm just not counting or exercising. I was sick Monday & Tuesday - so that didn't help. I forgot how much easier my life is when I don't have to record everything I eat or get up at 5am. Meh!

My friend is coming up next week for my birthday, and realistically - I'm drinking so that won't be good either. I need to be good this weekend and next week so i stay even. Hmm...

Does anyone have a way to virtually kick my *** back into gear?
marbear24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #77  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Mar - You need to be good until she comes to visit!!! Maybe even exercise a little more than normal to try and balance it out. Also, if your prone to this, make sure you don't have any unhealthy/junk food in the house so you're not tempted to go for it after the drinking. The ONLY thing that helps me to limit myself when I'm out drinking is to limit myself financially. I only take so much money and leave my credit card at home.

Now, time for me to show that I'm being hypocritical.

Yesterday - I don't even want to KNOW how many points I ate. It was bad. There was cake, ice cream, mexican food. Oof. I'm not going to say it was emotional eating, b/c I wasn't emotional, but it was definately prompted by my lack of sleep. I had serious intentions of getting up today to work out in the morning but I must have shut my alarm off in my sleep. I woke up very refreshed at about 7, but I missed my spin class I have plans tonight so I can't go tonight, but I think I'm going to go for a walk at lunch - weather permitting - and just really behave myself for the next few days. I have another free weekend, so I'm going to get up early and go hiking before the humidity sets in. Hopefully I can offset that disaster. Oiy.

Also, I think I'm going to try to give up caffeine for a week. I didn't have ANY caffeine yesterday and I made it through the whole day just drinking cold water and 1 vitamin water. I think I can do this.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #78  
yay short girls!

S/C/G: 128/ticker/110

Height: 5'0"

stella - I gave up caffeine about 3 weeks ago. went from a 3-4 cans a day diet coke habit to none. I weaned myself off, though, and the first 3 days or so without any diet coke were hard, I was cranky as ****!! but afterwards, I don't miss it, I'm no longer nocturnal, I fall asleep by 1am at the latest. it's amazing! the only time I miss it is when I have a migraine. maybe after a couple months of being "sober" I will let myself have some caffeine when I have a killer migraine...
minitwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:41 PM   #79  
Brighter than the moon!

Yeah there are some migraines that I need caffeine for. I decided to say today was Day 2 since I didn't have any coffee/tea all day yesterday.

I'm okay. I just drank a lot of water and it worked. I'm 5 points under for the day and I don't have any food in the house...I may have to raid my roomie's cookies just to make up the difference. 5 is too many...
Old 07-18-2009, 12:22 PM   #80  
Wannabe fitness junkie

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Hey everybody, sorry for disappearing these past few days.

I was in a car accident :-( No worries, I'm ok. Mostly. I do have whiplash, though, and my back hurts like crazy right now. Argh!

What worries me the most is what this is going to do to my weightloss. I can't really do any exercise right now, which isn't helping matters one bit. Does anybody know an exceedingly low impact workout that I could do without hurting my back? The pool maybe? I don't really know. I just don't want a stupid accident to ruin my efforts.
cara0017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #81  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

cara-i'm so glad you're ok. i don't know many exercises for injuries, but if you're a member of a gym, typically the trainers will give free advice for quick questions like that.

as for me, i was horrible yesterday. my parents are in arizona so i'm home alone...with no food. i had a fever of 102 so i really didn't get out of bed and the one time i did it was to get the fastest food that would allow me to get back into bed asap. unfortunately it i was mcdonalds, because living in the woods that's the closest thing we have. so basically, my entire food intake was a happymeal, a sugar cookie, and a diet rootbeer later in the day. ugh. i hate days like that. now that i'm better i'm hoping to get back on track today.

hope all is well with all of you. cara, i'll be keeping you in my thoughts. get better soon!!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 AM   #82  

Good morning chicks,

Cara - I'm sorry about your accident. I hope you feel better soon!

Amy - I hope you feel better as well.

Stella & Mint - you are far stronger than I am. Caffeine is one vice I will not be giving up - probably ever.

Nothing much going on here, just trying to get through the day. I’ve found I’ve become oddly obsessed with frozen cherries - though they stain like mad. I’m wearing a fleece in place of a bib because I wore white today and am trying to eat said cherries with no collateral damage. I’m so damn cool sometimes…

Fair winds.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:33 AM   #83  
Brighter than the moon!

Amy - I hope you're feeling better! I was sick yesterday too. I don't know what's wrong with me, I think I'm just worrying a lot and its wreaking havoc on me.

Cara - glad to hear you're okay!

Mar - Yeah, I discovered cherries at Costco the other day. So good. So pink.

The caffeine thing was doing fine until yesterday when I got a lovely migraine. I tried everything and finally I caved and had some soda. The darn thing went right away. At least I know I don't have to have it in the mornings now....
Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #84  
pudding558

Hi Guys! I am new on the site, and was looking for a buddy/buddies here for support. I hope you guys have some extra room for me!

I am sorry to hear about the accidents and illnesses. I hope everyone is feeling better now. I will definitely have to try frozen cherries. That sounds amazing, especially in this Texas heat.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #85  
Rockin Socks since 1984

welcome, pudding!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 07:53 AM   #86  

Welcome pudding!

Oh no! There is an ice cream social in my building today!!! My coworkers keep talking about going and the peer pressure is on...

Need... strength...
Old 07-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #87  
Rockin Socks since 1984

you can do it mar, i have faith in you!!!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:08 PM   #88  

I made it without ice cream - no thanks to my two coworkers standing outside my office. My office has a door sized pane of glass next to the door, so they stood outside eating ice cream and screaming about how good it was so I could hear it through my closed door just to be jerks. Seriously, I want to kick them.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:13 AM   #89  

Hey chickas. How is everyone holding up?
Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM   #90  
Brighter than the moon!

I'm doing okay. Being super strict with exercise/food because I want to see a loss in the scale on Friday