Old 06-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #1  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Default I found the perfect food to eat tonight!

So I started the day trying something a little different...I noticed from fitday I needed to add some protein and cut some fat from my diet, so I decided to have a protein shake from my gym after my workout. I was originally going to have oatmeal at work, but after the shake I just wasn't hungry for it.

Then my boss took the office out to lunch for my coworker's birthday, and uh-oh. I didn't do terribly and managed to leave some of my wrap on my plate. But then the brownie sundae came. My coworker wanted to split it and I'm trying to balance making smart decisions with making fun decisions and trying to end up somewhere in the middle with a decision that made me happy. So I said yes, and I managed to limit myself to a reasonable amt of the thing, which was really hard bc it was a wicked good brownie.

Got back to the office and entered everything into fitday, and low and behold I was already at 1300-1400 calories for the day (I try to eat 1200-1600). I was really full, so that was ok bc I knew I wasn't going to be ravenous for dinner (sugar spike from the sundae was balanced by spinach, chicken breast, and whole wheat tortilla in the wrap).

Fast forward to dinner time. I still wasn't really hungry, but felt like I could and should eat something bc I'm trying to stay away from weird eating patterns, like eating a huge lunch and nothing else really. But what could I have that would be nutritious and keep me within a reasonable amt of calories? I should mention I don't have anything fresh fruit/veggie-wise in the house right now and really need to go shopping.

Then it came to me: the sweet potato I had in the back of my pantry! It was perfect-- low-fat, low-cal super food that felt substantial enough to be dinner. I baked it, sprinkled a little salt, pepper, and cayenne on it, and ate the whole thing skin and all. Perfect! I just love it when things end up working out like that, I had to post. Sorry that probably wasn't that interesting to everyone else. Now if only I can get to bed at a reasonable hour
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #2  
Harl-E-quinn Groupie

Height: 5'6

aww ur cute lolz .... im like that when something goes well for me i like to share it with evreyone too lolz

but seriously congrats im glad you where able to eat well and still stay on point today !
CHUNKEY_MUNKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 228/158/148

Height: 5'6"

I've been baking sweet potatoes and putting I can't beleive it's not butter spray and splenda brown sugar on them. Super good!
mojolove05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #4  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

baked potatoes are ing win
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:56 AM   #5  
Double chin be gone!

S/C/G: 263/254/200

Height: 5'9

Ooh, I love sweet potatoes too. And they're full of carotene and vitamin C.. You found a winner! Trader Joes sells pre-cut frozen sweet potato fries.. just bake them up and serve em like normal french fries!
PopcornFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:29 AM   #6  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I love sweet potatoes for dinner! I usually have one about once a week. It's great because I don't eat a lot around dinner time. It's healthy and easy on the wallet. I can't complain about a meal costing under $1! I usually eat mine plain. I'm going to look up some healthy recipes with them to change it up a bit.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:45 AM   #7  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopcornFiend View Post
Ooh, I love sweet potatoes too. And they're full of carotene and vitamin C.. You found a winner! Trader Joes sells pre-cut frozen sweet potato fries.. just bake them up and serve em like normal french fries!
Kumara (maori sweet potato) fries are served here in fast food places and restaurants, they are like foods of the gods i tell you
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:46 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/166.5/131

Height: 5'3

Hmm...sweet potatoes without maple syrup and marshmellows? LOL thats the only way I have ever had them. Now I am tempted to eat them one of your guys Healthy ways! lol =)
mizmizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 220.6/213.2/145

Height: 5'4

I love sweet potatoes. I chop them up and drizzle w/ olive oil, sprinkle pumpkin pie spice and chili powder on them and roast them at 450 for like 20min and they are soooooo yummy. Sometimes I add butternut squash in there.
rowan108 is offline   Reply With Quote