Old 06-23-2009, 07:42 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Help! I'm at a standstill!

Ok, I've been off and on this forum throughout the last 3 years. I've gone from 187 down to 155 from the stresses of my husbands deployment. Within 2 weeks of his return I gained 15 lbs. Which originally was fine with me because I knew stress was the reason I had lost in the first place.
I've been pretty well with my fitness routine and eating habits and yet the last week the scale has not moved. I've been staying at 167 no matter what. My dh thinks that I'm not eating enough. Are there other factors that could be there? What keeps you at a plateau? I do change up my workout routine, btw.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:58 AM   #2  

Height: 4'11"

Can you offer a sample of what you would eat on a normal day? What are you doing as far as exercise?
littlelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:18 AM   #3  

The kinds of things I've been eating:

b: all bran cereal w/ milk

l: either a sandwich or salad (we've been out of salad for a few days)

snack (if I have time for one): nuts with or without dried fruit. maybe a couple handfuls.

d: it's been varying from grilled meats to homemade chicken pizza. Usually something with chicken.
The past couple of days there has been sf redbull involved somewhere in the morning. Only 10 calories.

Workouts:
weight machines first for toning. upper body one day, lower body second day. somewhere in the range of 40-60 for about 3 sets of 10-12. Abs are usually only about 10 lbs. (I'm recovering from muscle loss because of an open appendectomy.) Then 20-30 min of moderate - hard intensity cardio on various machines. Treadmill, stepmill, arc trainer, and elliptical.

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 06-23-2009 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #4  

anyone??
Old 06-24-2009, 12:06 PM   #5  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

your definitely not eating enough ( of course, i have NO IDEA how BIG the bowl of cereal and sandwhichs are@!!
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #6  

A couple of handsful of nuts and dried fruits is about 400-500 calories. A few nuts and fresh fruit would be better. For all the exercise you are doing, you aren't eating enough.

Your weight loss isn't at a standstill if you haven't lost for 1 week. It varies and some weeks you won't lose. It takes 6 weeks of the same weight before you can say you are at a plateau.

I'm glad your husband is home from Iraq. Please tell him I thank him for his service to our country. I was a Navy brat myself.

Last edited by QuilterInVA; 06-24-2009 at 01:11 PM.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #7  

I think I was able to eat more today and yesterday. The scale was down 1 lb. I'm probably just freaking out too much. I just know I'm working out more than I ever have and the scale wasn't moving. I heard the same things from more than 3 people so, I guess I know what to do now. Thanks so much!!