Old 06-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #1  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Unhappy Depressed, can't sleep, need support!

If anybody out there remembers the posts I put up about this awesome job I applied and was interviewed for...I didn't get it. I had to call them to get the news. I guess I should've figured if I didn't get a call from them it meant I wasn't selected. *sigh* This was Monday and I'm now just posting. I literally bawled when I got off the phone. I am so stressed out lately. We owe so much money right now and I don't know what to do. DH is a OTR driver so he is never home. All the financial stress is on his shoulders and this was my one chance to help pay the bills. I was just so hopeful about it! He would have been able to be home more and we could get back on our feet. I know everything happens for a reason and there's a reason why I didn't get the position, but I hate to say it. I can't seem to find the reason right now. I am just so bummed out. I just got both my boys to bed about 1 1/2 hours ago and I tried to sleep. I can't. Thoughts just invade my mind, it fills like exploding. Other than this, I think of my older son starting pre-school. He needs his birth certificate and ss card. They are both in a safe at my parents' house. I doubt anybody will remember my posts from ages ago about my parents. Long story short: my parents and I haven't really talked in almost 2 years. It is ridiculous. My mom can really hold a grudge and it is killing me. I went on anti-anxiety/depression medication. Doesn't help completely... I need to call and get these back before he needs to start pre-school or he can't go. I don't think they will give them to me. They wouldn't give me anything else back.
It is all just too much and I don't know what to do. All I can do is just pray. That's all I can do...and try to sleep. I am so tired all the time. ALL the time. I am tired right now, but part of me REALLY wants to go out to the kitchen and find something to eat. I am already at my target points and it is 12:15 in the morning. I CAN'T eat now. God, help me. I need major support right now.
Sorry, I am completely rambling off but it feels good to get it off my chest. Maybe I can sleep now? Or maybe I will just pass out from exhaustion.
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 365/319/180

Height: 5'11

sending good energy and prayers
HollyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Employment/Money issues are the worst! Have you called your creditors and explained the situation to them? You'd be surprised at how willing they may be to work with you. Regardless, the worse they can say is no. I think it's worth it to try. When my DH was in between jobs last year, he was able to get his student loans deferred for 6 months and a few other creditors were helpful in other ways.

I know that money is tight, but if you really think that your parents won't hand over the documents you need, why not just get new copies? I know there are small fees and waiting in line at social security is a drag, but if your son needs them for school that may be your only option (unless your parents have a change of heart.) Or, do you have a sibling that can help talk to your parents for you?

I know it's hard to see the positive when things like this happen, but I really believe things do happen for a reason. It's hard when you don't understand why, but try to stay as positive as you can. If not for you, then for your kids.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:51 AM   #4  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

I hope you can work everything out, honey.

Not to sound overly militant, but your son's birth certificate and SS card... do NOT belong to your parents. And they don't have the right to keep them from you. Getting them replaced is an option, definitely, if you can get the new ones in time. But I'm just pretty bold, so I'd first try demanding them, and if they refused, I'd... well, I'd probably get the police involved. Your child needs to go to school, it's the law.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. Keep your eyes open for something else. Chances are, you not getting that job is going to mean that you're available for some other amazing opportunity in the future that this job would've kept you from. Stay as positive as you can, honey.

And in the meantime, we're all here for you. <3
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 12:53 AM   #5  

Height: 5'11"

AAngel, so sorry about the job not working out. I don't know if I believe that everything happens for a reason; but I DO think that we can make the best of any situation and here's hoping that another (even better!) opportunity will soon be coming your way. Have faith that it will; you're a smart, articulate girl.

For practical advice--I don't know about PA, but here in Washington you can ask the state to send you a certified copy of your son's birth certificate. You may even be able to do it online. As for the SS card, you should be able to go to your local Social Security office (maybe once you get the certified copy of the birth certificate) and get a replacement SS card for your son. So please consider that route before embarking on an emotionally painful exercise in trying to get it from your parents.

Hang in there. I'm a 40-something who is crashing this thread because your post awakened my motherly instincts. I hope that the knowledge that you can get replacement documents is helpful to you and helps you to get some rest. Do you drink tea? Maybe a nice warm cup of tea will help to comfort and calm you down.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/147/130

Height: 5'4

Oh man.
Hey, just look up. Pray and keep looking for jobs! I know that something amazing will turn up for you. You just have to be patient. Don't worry! things will work out in the end! I just know it! be strong for yourself and for your boys.

Last edited by beautifulmess; 06-18-2009 at 01:51 AM.
beautifulmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:08 AM   #7  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I'm so sorry to hear ya'll are in a rough spot right now.

Your mother may hold a grudge against you, but surely it isn't so strong that she would do something harmful against her grandchildren? I would play on that, "Mom, this isn't about us or our problems. This is about my son, your grandson, and the fact that he needs those documents for school. It's not fair to take out your anger at me on a child, etc"

Sending positive thoughts your way! Let us know how it all goes!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 10:46 AM   #8  
Starting Over...

S/C/G: 256/ticker/156

Height: 5' 9"

Thank you everybody. I did end up falling asleep last night. I have no idea what time it was. Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm going to try to call my parents later. I hate to get the police involved... I'll figure it out. Thanks again!
aangel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:48 PM   #9  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 220/210/150

Height: 5'7

Im sure if they knew that it was in order to help their grandson out then Im sure whatever grudge they have against you will be placed aside for the good of your son.

And as for the job. I know how that goes. I was jobless for almost three months, and my bf had to pay for everything. it was awful. but hang in there. Something will work out in the end. JUSt never give up hope!
Mickeypnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #10  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

hi,
i am sorry to hear what you are going through.. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers..

I just wanted to let you know since you are in Pa, that you can go to your local Social Security office and order him a new Social Security card for free.
While you are there you can get the paper work for his birth certificate. To order it it cost 10.00. and you will have it in about 2 weeks. I just had to go through that all here in lancaster For our son to go to kindergarten..

Hope that helped out..

God bless
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote