3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   A Thread for getting out of the 160s (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/174314-thread-getting-out-160s.html)

AKT 09-27-2009 06:00 PM

thanks echo!

I am gonna try not to weigh myself for at least a week friday night was a heavy night of boozing and yesterday i went to a birthday party.

I wouldn't have had anything at the birthday party before but I'm trying to have more normal habits.

have a good week everyone and be good :)

nineoceansaway 09-27-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KEmery08 (Post 2943807)
Okay, ladies ... I wanted to come and wish you well ... :) This thread has been so wonderful for me that I am officially in the 150's for three mornings now! :D

congrats!! I saw 165 this morning, still headin' downward just not quickly enough!

rainsweptviola 09-28-2009 10:09 PM

Haven't been exercising at all lately because of foot injury, but I've been eating REALLY well and saw 162.2 again this morning! Haven't seen that for a month. I HOPE my scale isn't wrong, lol. My goal is to see 161 tomorrow or the next day...I don't even care right now if it's 161.9, as long as I see that encouraging 161 number on the scale! :-)

Just curious, how long have you guys been in the 160's? I've been here a month, and it feels like forever!

rocketbunny 09-28-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2947175)
Just curious, how long have you guys been in the 160's? I've been here a month, and it feels like forever!

I tend to lose just under 5 lbs/month, which means I should take around 2.5 months per weight decade. Of course, I won into the 160s back in late July and then took a "break" for most of August. I'm on the move now, but I expect to be here until around mid November.

Feels like forever, but it also feels wonderful to look back at my weight logs to when I was moaning about never getting out of the 170s...

KurLEQ 09-30-2009 12:27 AM

Hey ladies! I'm hoping to start my 160s journey tomorrow after my official weigh in. I was 171.4 last Wednesday and I've done really well this week. I'm a little nervous because I only saw 169.2 once (Sunday) and I've been too much of a chicken to get back on the scale. I'd really hate to spend another week in the 170s so please send some 160s fairy dust my way! :-)

megwini 09-30-2009 03:20 AM

Hey! I'm still around 165ish... not really budging. But I do weigh at random times now just for giggles... like this evening a while after dinner I was at 169 (not surprising considering my stomach was full of food!) but then I peed and got back on the scale and I was 167! :rofl: DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF URINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rainsweptviola 09-30-2009 06:13 PM

Haha, megwini - I do that too! It amuses me to no end. :-)

I took a laxative to help get things moving, and weighed in at only 160.6! Oh gosh, how I wish that would have been real weight loss. Weighed in today at 161.4, but I don't get to "count" it until it's stuck for three days or more. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

KurLEQ 10-01-2009 12:33 AM

I am hereeeee!! I thought this day wouldn't come. I've avoided that darned scale for a few days and it didn't disappoint me today! 169!

I realized today that I only have 7 pounds to lose before I hit my 30 pound loss! How exciting! I'm on cloud 9 right now.

rainsweptviola 10-01-2009 04:09 PM

Welcome kurleq! And best of luck with your 7 pounds!! :-)

mara11jade 10-01-2009 08:18 PM

Grads KurLEQ!!

I am soooo mad I'm sick right now. I want to be working out!!

KurLEQ 10-02-2009 02:01 AM

Thank you, Thank you!

This weekend I'm doing a 5 mile walk to raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Last year was the first year I participated in it and I was 18 pounds heavier at the time. I'm hoping to compare pictures (with a big smile) when I get home on Sunday!

nineoceansaway 10-03-2009 06:57 AM

hey ladies saw 164.6 today. :)

Echo 10-04-2009 07:32 PM

hey girls!

i am 160.9 lbs today! yipeeee. want to hit through the 160s barrier by the end of the week. or at least maintain this weight loss!!

feeling under the weather though. i have a really bad sore throat. :(

rainsweptviola 10-05-2009 02:14 AM

ECHO - ME TOO! I've dipped down to 160.7 twice this week and I think I could actually see 159.9 this Saturday if I'm very good about what I eat (no snarfing down cheezits anymore, HEH). Gaaah, I want to break through so badly! If not this Saturday, then definitely next Saturday. Good luck with your breaking through too!! :-) Oh, and where did you get the model in your icon? I think it'd be fun to have one of those too!

megwini 10-05-2009 12:10 PM

Down five pounds from 166 to 161 after 4 weeks (1.25 lb/week, which isn't too bad)... theoretically.
I've seen high numbers for a while though, so part of me doesn't quite believe it yet. We'll see what the scale says again two weeks from now!

rainsweptviola 10-05-2009 05:13 PM

I scale cheated today (didn't drink water for several hours, stripped down to my undies, hehe) and saw 159.9!! Of course, that's not real weight loss, but it's nice to finally see some progress and feel how close it is! My goal is definitely to see 159.9 for REAL by this Saturday. :-)

Echo 10-05-2009 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2956215)
ECHO - ME TOO! I've dipped down to 160.7 twice this week and I think I could actually see 159.9 this Saturday if I'm very good about what I eat (no snarfing down cheezits anymore, HEH). Gaaah, I want to break through so badly! If not this Saturday, then definitely next Saturday. Good luck with your breaking through too!! :-) Oh, and where did you get the model in your icon? I think it'd be fun to have one of those too!

thanks!! and awesome!! lets do it together. lets break through the 160 barrier this weekend together!!!!
:cb: :cb:

hehe i got the model from here:

http://beauty.ivillage.com/fashion/m...svh8hk,00.html have fun dressing up a model version of you! hehe

Echo 10-05-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megwini (Post 2949307)
Hey! I'm still around 165ish... not really budging. But I do weigh at random times now just for giggles... like this evening a while after dinner I was at 169 (not surprising considering my stomach was full of food!) but then I peed and got back on the scale and I was 167! :rofl: DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF URINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL thats so funny!!! :rofl:

Echo 10-05-2009 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2957378)
I scale cheated today (didn't drink water for several hours, stripped down to my undies, hehe) and saw 159.9!! Of course, that's not real weight loss, but it's nice to finally see some progress and feel how close it is! My goal is definitely to see 159.9 for REAL by this Saturday. :-)

lol!! cute :)

i heard that if you want to see a loss, kinda cheat, cut down on salt and drink 80 ounces of water which is about 2.4 litres.

that way you will flush out excess water. and we might see a hit through the 160 barrier by getting rid of excess water , fluid retention. im gonna do it this week.

today i drank about 2 litres of water.

i fill up a large glass of water, and just keep sipping it through a straw, when i watch telly or something.

rainsweptviola 10-05-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo (Post 2957496)
lol!! cute :)

i heard that if you want to see a loss, kinda cheat, cut down on salt and drink 80 ounces of water which is about 2.4 litres.

that way you will flush out excess water. and we might see a hit through the 160 barrier by getting rid of excess water , fluid retention. im gonna do it this week.

Ooh, I'm going to do that too! I have a giant blue cup that's about 14 oz so I'll fill that up 6 times throughout the day. Yay, I'm excited to break out of this 160's barrier! :-)

Echo 10-05-2009 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2957526)
Ooh, I'm going to do that too! I have a giant blue cup that's about 14 oz so I'll fill that up 6 times throughout the day. Yay, I'm excited to break out of this 160's barrier! :-)

cooooooooooool great stuff!!! we will keep each other in line with water drinking!!
today i drank about 2 litres of water. :cb:

i found these two interesting articles:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5407349_way-...er-weight.html

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5407515_body-lose-fat.html

megwini 10-05-2009 08:24 PM

Hey rainsweptviola... do you mind if I borrow your shade of green for my sig minigoals? I noticed ours look exactly the same except your green is darker and more legible... so I think I would like that color better but don't wanna seem like a copycat. :p

rainsweptviola 10-05-2009 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megwini (Post 2957656)
Hey rainsweptviola... do you mind if I borrow your shade of green for my sig minigoals? I noticed ours look exactly the same except your green is darker and more legible... so I think I would like that color better but don't wanna seem like a copycat. :p

I don't mind at all! I totally copied you in putting my mini goals on my signature, anyway! (I hope that was okay! :-))

rainsweptviola 10-05-2009 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo (Post 2957575)
cooooooooooool great stuff!!! we will keep each other in line with water drinking!!
today i drank about 2 litres of water. :cb:

i found these two interesting articles:

http://www.ehow.com/way_5407349_way-...er-weight.html

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_5407515_body-lose-fat.html

Wow, thank you for posting those! Eeek, I'm doing the opposite, having almost no protein and eating all my calories in one or two sittings. I sooo need to change these habits, but they are hard to break because of my schedule and just lifetime habits. I'll be working on that too! Today I had 80 ounces of water, though. Yay for us keeping each other accountable! :-)

KurLEQ 10-06-2009 12:05 AM

I saw 168 today (after breakfast) which is about a pound less than last wednesday but wedneday is my official weigh in day so I'm not counting it. I completed the 5 mile JDRF walk on Sunday in 55 minutes. Started speed walking at the half way point and finished 4th and 5th (my sister and I crossed the line together) out of our team of 59!

When I was walking around my grandparents house getting ready for the walk I was only wearing sweats and a tank top. My mom was looking down when I first came into the room and when she looked up she said "Holy $#*( Kur, you look so skinny in that!" She always tells me I wear clothes that are too big for me so I guess it was a shock seeing something so skin tight. I think that was my first compliment so far!

Anyone else watching this season of DietTribe? I just watched it On Demand today and the short girl started at 177 and is 5'2, like me.

megwini 10-06-2009 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2957958)
I don't mind at all! I totally copied you in putting my mini goals on my signature, anyway! (I hope that was okay! :-))

Of course not! And now we're even! I just ended up doing it that way because I didn't want my mini-goals to take up half a page! :p

cherrykissez011 10-06-2009 03:24 PM

i stepped on the scale this morning and it said 171.4 : ( then i took the dog for walk and before i took a shower i got on the scale a gaint and it said 169.6!! im so glad to be back in the 160's!! havent seen this number in over a year!! i have been doing really good following the WW plans the past few weeks and it finally paid off! see the numbers on the scale go down every week if my BIGGEST motivator to keep going!

Echo 10-06-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2957973)
Wow, thank you for posting those! Eeek, I'm doing the opposite, having almost no protein and eating all my calories in one or two sittings. I sooo need to change these habits, but they are hard to break because of my schedule and just lifetime habits. I'll be working on that too! Today I had 80 ounces of water, though. Yay for us keeping each other accountable! :-)

aww you're so welcome!! i'm really happy you liked the articles!!!

WOW way to go on the 80oz!!! :bravo:

today i drank 1.8 litres, gonna try to finish 200 ml more water before i go to bed.

hehe yeh us ! :broc: :cb:

Echo 10-06-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurLEQ (Post 2958006)
I saw 168 today (after breakfast) which is about a pound less than last wednesday but wedneday is my official weigh in day so I'm not counting it. I completed the 5 mile JDRF walk on Sunday in 55 minutes. Started speed walking at the half way point and finished 4th and 5th (my sister and I crossed the line together) out of our team of 59!

When I was walking around my grandparents house getting ready for the walk I was only wearing sweats and a tank top. My mom was looking down when I first came into the room and when she looked up she said "Holy $#*( Kur, you look so skinny in that!" She always tells me I wear clothes that are too big for me so I guess it was a shock seeing something so skin tight. I think that was my first compliment so far!

Anyone else watching this season of DietTribe? I just watched it On Demand today and the short girl started at 177 and is 5'2, like me.

what is diettribe? is that a weight loss tv show?

awesome on the compliment way to go!! :cheer: :cheer:

Echo 10-06-2009 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrykissez011 (Post 2959004)
i stepped on the scale this morning and it said 171.4 : ( then i took the dog for walk and before i took a shower i got on the scale a gaint and it said 169.6!! im so glad to be back in the 160's!! havent seen this number in over a year!! i have been doing really good following the WW plans the past few weeks and it finally paid off! see the numbers on the scale go down every week if my BIGGEST motivator to keep going!

awesome!! welcome to the 160s!! i remember when i first joined, i was so happy :carrot: way to go!! :bravo:

kswood87 10-06-2009 07:04 PM

WOOHOO!!!!!! :carrot::jig::cb::dance:

I'm back to where I was in August. I hate that I let myself lose two months SOOO frustrating! I kept going up and down between 10 pounds! Actually I'm one pound less than August and only 3 away from 50 pounds total :dancer:

Anyways I'm so flippin past due being out the 160's!

KurLEQ 10-06-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo (Post 2959345)
what is diettribe? is that a weight loss tv show?

awesome on the compliment way to go!! :cheer: :cheer:

Yep. It's on Friday nights on Lifetime. It's a group of women who are all friends and there aren't any eliminations. It just follows them for 120 days of extreme workouts and dieting. This is similiar to what I'm trying to accomplish with my family. Building that support system seems to be the best solution. You always have someone there to keep you on track. It doesn't hurt that the trainer is super handsome.

I hope it's just the first of many compliments. I guess because it's taken me so long to lose the weight, people can't really see it. I'll try posting some before and after photos.

By the way, Congrats on your PhD!

KurLEQ 10-06-2009 11:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Ok... here are my before and after pictures that I'd like to share with my 160s gals!

The one of me and my grandfather is what I consider the absolute worst picture of me ever taken. The one with my uncle is my fat picture. This is how people saw me day to day a year ago. It also serves as my "I never want to look like that again" picture. The other two pictures are of me and my sister after the JDRF Walk this past Sunday. I'm 23 pounds lighter in those pictures! (I'm on the left)

Attachment 33393 Attachment 33396

Attachment 33394 Attachment 33395

rainsweptviola 10-07-2009 12:30 AM

kurleq - I can definitely see a difference!! Way to go, you look great! :-)

Echo - I drank about 2 litres again today, yay. Did horribly with the salt intake though...at least 3000 mg of sodium. ACK. I'm going to cut way back on sodium for the rest of the week and try to sweat some out!

Nadine - WELCOME TO THE 160's!! :-)

Echo 10-07-2009 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurLEQ (Post 2959656)
Yep. It's on Friday nights on Lifetime. It's a group of women who are all friends and there aren't any eliminations. It just follows them for 120 days of extreme workouts and dieting. This is similiar to what I'm trying to accomplish with my family. Building that support system seems to be the best solution. You always have someone there to keep you on track. It doesn't hurt that the trainer is super handsome.

I hope it's just the first of many compliments. I guess because it's taken me so long to lose the weight, people can't really see it. I'll try posting some before and after photos.

By the way, Congrats on your PhD!

hey thanks for explaining about the show!! wow i like it! will have to look out for it. i love watching people exercise and eating healthy as it really encourages me to do so! i wish there was more of that on the biggest loser than the whole drama of eliminations!!

aww thanks so much! so nice of you to say :D

Echo 10-07-2009 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurLEQ (Post 2959825)
Ok... here are my before and after pictures that I'd like to share with my 160s gals!

The one of me and my grandfather is what I consider the absolute worst picture of me ever taken. The one with my uncle is my fat picture. This is how people saw me day to day a year ago. It also serves as my "I never want to look like that again" picture. The other two pictures are of me and my sister after the JDRF Walk this past Sunday. I'm 23 pounds lighter in those pictures! (I'm on the left)

Attachment 33393 Attachment 33396

Attachment 33394 Attachment 33395

WOWEEE what a transformation!! you look so beautiful and positively glowing!! although i could tell from your beautiful avator picture. you look like one of those classy sophisticated actresses from the 1940s black and white movies!!

wow you are beautiful! great job on losing weight! you're an inspiration ! thanks for sharing :) :bravo:

Echo 10-07-2009 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2959854)

Echo - I drank about 2 litres again today, yay. Did horribly with the salt intake though...at least 3000 mg of sodium. ACK. I'm going to cut way back on sodium for the rest of the week and try to sweat some out!
)

awesome! :broc: way to go !!! on the 80 oz!! you're a drinking machine!! i'm gonna aim to drink 80oz today!!! by golly i'm gonna do it!!! will report back tonight with my water intake.

KurLEQ 10-07-2009 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echo (Post 2960084)
WOWEEE what a transformation!! you look so beautiful and positively glowing!! although i could tell from your beautiful avator picture. you look like one of those classy sophisticated actresses from the 1940s black and white movies!!

wow you are beautiful! great job on losing weight! you're an inspiration ! thanks for sharing :) :bravo:

That's so sweet! My grandmother always said me and my sister were born in the wrong era! I added to my compliments list today. My cousin who is trying to lose weight with us pointed out that the shirt I was wearing today was no longer resting on my belly! Then my other cousin asked how much I lost so far (this time around) and when I said almost ten pounds she said she could definitely see it.

I'm still not officially weighed in yet but it was 168 before. That's another pound gone and just to feel good about myself, I may pee before officially weighing in.

Echo 10-07-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurLEQ (Post 2960816)
That's so sweet! My grandmother always said me and my sister were born in the wrong era! I added to my compliments list today. My cousin who is trying to lose weight with us pointed out that the shirt I was wearing today was no longer resting on my belly! Then my other cousin asked how much I lost so far (this time around) and when I said almost ten pounds she said she could definitely see it.

I'm still not officially weighed in yet but it was 168 before. That's another pound gone and just to feel good about myself, I may pee before officially weighing in.

thank you :)

aww thats so nice!! great going ! :congrat:

Echo 10-07-2009 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2959854)

Nadine - WELCOME TO THE 160's!! :-)

hey Rain, you were my inspiration for today!! and i did it! i drank 80oz water and then some!! i drank extra cause i did 32 minutes on the bike.
in total i drank 3.7 ml of water. :broc: