3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   A Thread for getting out of the 160s (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/174314-thread-getting-out-160s.html)

Quiet Ballerina 08-17-2009 12:12 AM

Can I join in? Not sure how many of y'all are left here, but I've been lurking a little and like the thread.

sassybangs 08-17-2009 01:36 AM

so my scale broke this week. well, not so much broke, but the battery died, stupid 9-volt batteries. i was totally lazy this whole weekend and didnt run any of my errands, so still no new battery. last friday's weigh in was 166, but i think ive slacked off this week. UGH!!! gotta get back on track. but on a positive note, im training for a 5K at the end of September, and last week decided to run/walk the whole 5K just to get a base time. not only did i not die (which i was sure would happen) but i finished in 44 minutes! def got some work to do, but it was like my first fitness goal met in ummm, ever!

you girls are very inspiring, keep moving down to the 150s!!!

angelinelosesweight 08-17-2009 11:00 AM

165.8 this morning- I couldn't believe it- I keep thinking I'm still in the 170s, but I really am a 160s :)

AKT 08-17-2009 11:40 AM

165.5 as of yesterday. i cant wait to see the 150s...and hopefully go down a pants size.. ive only gone down one size so far and im ready! haha

jellybellyjess 08-17-2009 03:30 PM

ahh just need to vent!
I have been 161 for sooo long now! It is so hard to keep motivated when nothing is happening! i so just wanna break out of the 160s!! ahhh!
hopefully this week i will see some scale movement..i just hope its the right way!
welld one to everyone who is doing well :) keep it up!
x

AKT 08-18-2009 02:19 AM

jellybellyjess, how are you eating and what exercise are you getting?

KEmery08 08-18-2009 08:26 AM

FINALLY! My scale is moving again! :) It's not much, but I lost another pound. Woohoo!

Sylvied 08-18-2009 12:53 PM

Still here. I am feeling a little bit frustrated about this scale standstill. I feel I would be less frustrated by it if it had taken another 10 pounds to stall like this. then at least I'd be stuck at a weight I'd never weighed before.

Oh well, gotta keep moving. I'm trying to increase my cardio over the next couple of weeks. I hope that will burn some more fat.

jellybellyjess 08-19-2009 02:50 PM

AKT - i have been slowly slipping back to my normal eating i think..i dont even notice im doing it! hopefully now i have realised this is happening i will do something about it! I have been like not adding salad/veggies and fruit to meals and that which i guess means i eat more of the stuff that might lead me to gain?
I have only really been doing walking at the moment.. i should prob step that up a little bit and hopefully that will help the scale move down.
I just get so frustrated that the rate of weight loss is so slow after the first like stone and i wanted to be like totally transformed by the time i go back to university and it bums me out that im not this skinny person yet lol then i just think whats the point! more food!!!
sorry for the very very long message lol i guess just writing it down helps!
any tips for motivation when there are no changes?!

AKT 08-19-2009 09:58 PM

jellybellyjess-
Girl don't get down on yourself, it happens! Just know that if you get back on track now, you won't have to start over from square one. You should start keeping a journal with all your food that you're eating everyday, I know everyone says to do it, but for me it's really helped. I tend not to eat bad things if I know I have to write it down and have proof of what I did lol. I have written down every single thing since I started in April and I think that is what has made stick with it so long. And as for exercise, just do whatever you can. If you feel like walking, then walk. If you feel like running, then run. Just do something! Good luck girl.

jellybellyjess 08-20-2009 04:01 AM

AKT
Thanks :-) that sounds like a good idea..i did it for a while and was sticking to good eating but then (i cant remember why) i just stopped doing it everyday so yeah im gonna give that a go :D
Hopefully there will be some scale movement!
xx

Fat Pants 08-21-2009 09:32 AM

Hi everyone!! I'm so excited to finally be joining this thread...it seems like I spent FOREVER in the 170s. :D I weighed in today at 167.4 - I had a 3 lb loss this week that blasted me into the 160s. :woohoo:

Hoping I don't have to stick around in this thread as long as I did in the 170s thread. :D

AKT 08-22-2009 02:49 PM

Congrats fat pants! I can't wait to see you all in the 150s thread!

So I went to the gym to weigh myself today and the scale was broken! So now I have to wait til tomorrow. :( The digital scale we have at home says 165 but I never trust that thing.

macky 08-23-2009 03:02 PM

Ack! It seems like everyone is plateauing!

I'm at 161.2 as of this morning. I've been stuck between 2-3 pounds for a couple of weeks now, and, while it's mostly my fault (drinking wine and eating garlic bread and not wanting to get out of bed to run), I'm recommitted to seeing 159 sometime this week.

Good luck ladies!

macky 08-24-2009 08:14 AM

160.0!

SEE YA, 160's!

Sylvied 08-24-2009 09:33 AM

Congratulations Macky!

rocketbunny 08-24-2009 10:45 AM

A 1.5 week east coast/national parks vacation turned into a 3 week diet vacation. I wasn't horrible, but I wasn't journaling or running either.

I'm back in the 160s this morning, and finally back to my regular schedule. 169.2

KEmery08 08-24-2009 04:36 PM

I'm psyched to be in the 150's. It's my goal by the second week in September. I just want to be realistic. :) But I'm only 4 lbs away from 159! :D

macky 08-25-2009 06:44 AM

ADIOS!

159.8 this morning :D

Good luck everyone!

AKT 08-25-2009 11:59 PM

Good job macky!

I feel like I'm not doing as well as before. I'm staying in my calorie range of 1400-1600 and working out at least 4-5 days but I'm not as on top of it as I was. Eating out more but making good choices, but still eating out is not as good as making it yourself. Maybe because everyone around me is like "where are you gonna lose it from" "you don't to lose any more" blah blah blah it's like you guys only see me in clothes, where I can hide my fat! lol

The home scale said 162.5 today but like I said I don't trust that thing, I'll wait til I go back to the gym.

Fat Pants 08-26-2009 10:29 AM

AKT I know that feeling. We have been eating out a lot lately too and it has slowed down my loss this week. In fact I'm up a lb from where I was last week! I've also slowed down my running because I'm training for a 10k, and now I'm not running every day like I used to. I have a long run scheduled for today though so hopefully that'll get things moving in the right direction.

Echo 08-26-2009 10:59 AM

Hey Fat Pants! nice to see you here!!

Hi Fellow 160-ers - I'm very excited to be here!! I've been wanting to get out of the 170s for the longest time!

I reached 168lbs!! And have maintained it for 4 days. I'm still a little nervous that I will shoot back up to 170 lbs but I thought I would take the plunge and join you guys here :)

rocketbunny 08-26-2009 12:13 PM

Congrats Macky and Welcome Echo!

My reboot seems to be working. I'm down a pound since yesterday: 168.4. I also signed up for my next 5k, on Oct 3. I've done a good job keeping to my running schedule this week.

Echo 08-26-2009 12:28 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome rocketbunny ! and congrats on the weight loss! good luck for the running, that's awesome :running:

rainsweptviola 08-27-2009 03:43 AM

Yay!

I'm SO happy to have found this forum!! Motivation to get out of the 160's is exactly what I need!

I have a very small build for a tall person and I felt and looked my best at 135-145 pounds. I haven't been in that range for three years though and have been trying to get back to it since. I was hovering in the 153 range for two years, and somehow mysteriously gained about 15 pounds in just three weeks!! I have no idea how as I was doing exactly the same thing as before, except that maybe my age (turning 25) or my digestive disease caught up with me. I'm the heaviest right now I've ever been and NONE of my clothes fit, yet I don't want to buy new clothes until I lose weight!

I'm 165-168 now, depending on the day.
IDEAL GOAL: 145 by December 4th (when I turn 25)! 20 pounds in 3 months though...I don't know.
FIRST MINI GOAL: See 159 again (6 pounds or so to go)...I hope to have this accomplished as quickly as possible so my darned clothes fit.
SECOND MINI GOAL: See 155 again by November 1st - reward for this will be buying myself a few seasons of a DVD series. :-)
THIRD MINI GOAL: See 150 again!

Today I started an exercise program (I wasn't exercising at all before), walking 3 miles four or five times a week, and sweating for an hour.

Fat Pants 08-27-2009 08:42 AM

Hi echo!!! glad you made it over! woohoo for 168 lbs! :D

I am 166.6 this morning... my end of August goal was 167 so I'm pretty happy to have passed it!

Sylvied 08-27-2009 09:41 AM

Welcome Echo and rainsweptviola!

My life this week seems to be about the non-scale victories. I was going through my closet last night looking for things that were too big or too ratty to wear again and I came across a dress and a pair of jeans that I bought at a second hand store as motivation as they were both too small.

Last night I put on the jeans and I could do them up without lying on my bed and sucking everything in. I could breathe while wearing them! Although they're a little muffin toppy still, I can wear them with a loose top. I was also able to do up the zipper in the dress right to the top. It's a teensy bit tight in the chest but that's just the story of my post puberty life.

I was so excited that I danced around the living room in both items...much to the amusement of my husband who has now been charged with finding a place for me to wear the dress :p.

So even in the scale stays put...something's changing for the good.

:carrot::carrot:

Echo 08-27-2009 10:21 AM

Thanks FatPants!!!! :)
and thats awesome for you!!! well done :congrat: ps (i love the picture in your avator)

:welcome: rainsweptviola! this is an awesome forum, the best ! everyone here is just so darn encouraging, supportive, and lovely!

Thank you so much for the welcome Sylvied! :) that's so great that you fit into the small dress and jeans! awesome!!

--

167lbs today.
:goodscale:

1 more pound to lose and i get to change the clothes on my model version of me. hehehe at the moment she's wearing a white dress - its this little ritual thing i do, for every 2lbs lost, i change her clothes hehe. i heard its a good idea to visualise yourself as slimmer. as you attract what you think about.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2666/...17e42107_o.jpg And i have it as my desktop background on my computer hehe.

hartav 08-27-2009 02:22 PM

Hi everybody!! I am new to this website.. You guys really inspire!!
I'm at 161 since 2 weeks :cry:.. Just 1 more pound to go!!

Echo 08-27-2009 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hartav (Post 2897287)
Hi everybody!! I am new to this website.. You guys really inspire!!
I'm at 161 since 2 weeks :cry:.. Just 1 more pound to go!!

:welcome: you're gonna love it here! thats so awesome you're at 161 way to go! congrats on the weight loss so far! that's super :congrat:

rainsweptviola 08-28-2009 02:29 AM

Well, I started exercising three days ago and have walked/ran three miles every day since. My weight *appears* to have gone down from 168 to 163.4 with the sweating (literally, when I get off the treadmill I'm SOAKED). It's stayed at 163.4 for two mornings now...so here's to hoping!!

I'm pretty much posting this just so I can get enough posts to include my ticker link! LOL

hartav 08-28-2009 11:30 AM

Thanks for the wonderful welcome ECHO!! And congrats on your weight loss so far! :^:

I am still at 161 today :(. Sometimes i am stuck at the same weight for 2-3 weeks at a stretch and then i suddenly drop 2 (or sometimes 3) lbs. in 2 days. Its so frustating to keep on putting the effort and not see any results. I dont put in a lot of effort though nowadays, since my mom-dad are staying with me for 2 months, so enjoying mom's cooked food :carrot:. But I do try to get in some form of exercise whenever I can!

AKT 08-29-2009 05:00 PM

still 165.5 better than gaining though! I haven't been eating as well as I should. Too much sugar I think. I will start fresh tomorrow, I'm giving away my 90 calorie soy ice cream sandwiches and 100-calorie dark chocolate bars to one of my friends. Too much temptation to keep them here...lol

AKT 08-30-2009 07:43 PM

woot i was so bummed that the scale didn't move when I weighed in yesterday but then my good friend TOM stopped in today so that explains a lot LOL. Like the constant craving of sweets as well as no weight loss this week.

Sylvied 08-31-2009 08:51 AM

Wooo! I weighed in at 157 this morning. The scale has moved again.
Good luck all.
See you in the 150's.

rainsweptviola 08-31-2009 03:14 PM

Congratulations Sylvied!!!!!! :-)

rainsweptviola 08-31-2009 09:32 PM

Well, I was wrong when I thought I'd lost another pound. I forgot I'd already lost that pound. LOL My weekly weigh in (one week since I started exercising) is this Wednesday. I've been eating *really* healthy, just a bit too much so I doubt I'll see anything lost this week. So my goal for this coming week is to keep doing 3 miles 5x week (last week I did 4x week) and tone down the calories a little bit.

I'm weighing in at 163.3, so I think it's safe to change my ticker!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...kkF/weight.png

hartav 09-01-2009 02:42 PM

Weighed in at 159.8 today! woohoo!!! :)

AKT 09-02-2009 12:13 AM

So I was at chevys tonight and didn't make the best choices. I had the original chicken fajitas (900 cals) plus 4 tortillas at 167 a piece and I can't find if the 900 calories includes the beans and all that :/ I don't feel too guilty though I haven't gone off plan like that at all since I've started.

AKT 09-02-2009 12:58 AM

a klondike bar and choc. cake later, I feel guilty now :(