3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   A Thread for getting out of the 160s (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/174314-thread-getting-out-160s.html)

Echo 12-01-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brittnoiserz (Post 3016747)
I need some advice on how to get out of the 160's when it's my starting weight. I've been walking every morning for 35minutes to an hour for about 10 days now, and I don't want to do this for a long period of time and see no results. What else should I be doing? I eat pretty healthy and try my best to count calories. Help? I don't have any money or equipment.

Rains explained it very well.

i will just add my 2 pennies worth and suggest trying interval training. during your walks. why dont you try jogging for 1 minute and then walking for 2 minutes. and doing that for a week or so. and then when you feel ready, try running for 1 minute and walking for 2 minutes.

interval training is a great tool for toning up and shedding excess fat.
especially running jogging. but be careful if you are new to exercise.work up slowly. maybe try C25K. couch to 5k programe. and make sure you have running shoes. if you cant afford running sneakers at the moment, dont worry then just try brisk walking , kinda like if you were late for an appointment. and pump your arms, you want to get your heart rate up high. so you can do intervals of brisk walking with normal walking.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

although walking is a great exercise, once you get up your fitness level, its time to shake things up and go to the next level.

besides you're very young, at 18, Jillian Michaels once addressed a teenager similar situation to you. i will paraphrase what she told her.

basically she told her to eat healthy, (which you're already doing! good for you) cause youre still just a teenanger and growing. so eat a varied diet. she also suggested to make healthier choices when eating out, staying away from processed and junk food. cleaning up your diet. eating wholesome foods. limiting processed foods. drinking 80oz of water.

at you're height, you're already at a very healthy weight.

try some strength training, with light dumbells, like 3lbs. there are alot of exercises on the internet you can find. if you cant afford dumbells at the moment, no problem, use cans in a bag or something.

http://www.fitness.com/exercises/

you want to work out for 1 hour , aiming for 5 days a week, with 2 days off for rest.

also if you're lifting weights, dont work those muscls again for 1-2 days again.

also since you dont have equipment (dont worry) you can use your own body weight! there are plenty of exercises you can do at home, incorporating your own body, which is actually better, as its functional training.

you can do push ups, (against a counter table, to start off with), or even against the wall. you can do squats.

try googling "own body exercises".

be careful though whenever you try any new exercise, make sure you warm up your body with 5 minutes of cardio before attempting any strength weight training.

also dont workout on an empty stomach, make sure you've eaten something and wait 1-2 hours and then work out.

Jillian actually suggests for teenagers not to get too tied down with exercise and specific plans, but to do something active they like. maybe there's a sports you like? tennis? or something that you can get involved in.

hope that helps, feel free to ask anymore questions. sorry if i've confused you! i know that was alot of information to digest!! :o

Echo 12-01-2009 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KurLEQ (Post 3013702)
Thanks, Echo! How're the 150s treating you?

Aww you're welcome Kuri!! 150s are treating me good :) , just waiting for you to join me too! and the rest of my 160 girls!!!
i have switched to my digital scale which is less forgiving than my manual scale but i'm finding it interesting to see how my weight goes up and down. it also weighs me slightly less than the manual,. which is an extra bonus hahaha :p

its weird though its almost like your body knows that you're on the cusp of a 150/160, after you get over the hump, it gets easier. really strange that.

---
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nella (Post 3014136)
Congrats to Echo!!!! !

Thanks so much Nella ! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by EsperanzaBella82 (Post 3014901)
Echo, I didn't see that you had made it into the 150's. That is phenomenal. Hope to see you there soon! :)

awww thank you so much Bella!! i hope to see you there really soon!!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by KurLEQ (Post 3028349)
Aww, Echo, you totally rock! I'm sick (chest cold) now and the scale seems to be agreeing with me but I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed until Wednesday and not say another word about it!

aww you're so welcome Kuri!! :hug: sorry to hear you're sick, get plenty of rest and get well soon! :getwell:
---

KurLEQ 12-02-2009 08:35 PM

:carrot::carrot::carrot:I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

After almost 2 full months in the 160s, my official weigh in weight tonight was 157.2!!! Most people wait a week to change threads but I've been eyeing the 150s thread for so long that I NEED to leave this one! Amba Dawn, I'll see you over there Sunday! Everyone else, I hope to see you there soon as well!:hug:

Adios, 160s! :) :) :)

Amba Dawn 12-02-2009 09:01 PM

CONGRATS KurLEQ!!!!!!!:carrot::D:carrot::D:carrot:

I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be there with ya by Sunday!! I was tempted to step on the scale this morning, but my muscles are pretty sore from my workouts the past couple days...so I'm afraid I might be retaining a little water. Maybe I'll sneak on it in the morning if I'm not so sore when I wake up!! ;)

*FOLLOW-UP*...I was still pretty sore this morning, and I know my workout today isn't going to make things any better! lol So I think I'm just gonna be patient and wait 'til Sunday.

*FOLLOW-UP #2* Well it's Sunday and I weighed in at 159.8!!! Just barely out of the 160s, but I'm OUT! :) I'll be heading to the 150s thread now...hope to see you guys there soon!! Good luck to all of ya!!

EsperanzaBella82 12-06-2009 04:48 PM

Congrats to AmbaDawn and KurleQ for reaching the 150's!

I have been hovering around 160-161 for the past 2+ weeks. Now that TOM is over my weight has settled back down and I weighed in at 158.6 this morning. :carrot: I'll wait until official weigh-in tomorrow to join the 150's thread, though.

Good luck to everybody else in saying sayonara to the 160's! I was in them for 1 1/2 months and I am more than ready to leave them. Now onto the 150's! Hopefully they'll go by a little more quickly.

foresmewithlove 12-06-2009 10:34 PM

Hi all!

I have been stuck in the 160 for about 4 months! I was doing really good on losing about 1 or 2 lbs a week during the spring and summer but then I moved and got a new job so weight loss kind of took the back burner. But I am ready to get back at it!

I have been steady around 165 for the past couple weeks (except for a few days after thanksgiving when I got up to 170, yikes!) but I am hoping to be down into the 50's by new years! I stopped drinking soda last week (I was drinking 2-4 cans of REGULAR soda a day, gross, I know!) and am going to start writing down everything I eat this week! I also work out a few times a week but am going to try and make it to the gym 5 days a week. I also want to start lifting weights again but hate that it makes me gain weight at first!

But I just wanted to say hi! and if anyone has any advice on how they are making it out of the 160's, it's always appreciated! :)

xoxo,
Es

InControl2Day 12-07-2009 11:43 AM

:D:D:D:D:D

i had a major whoosh this week ~ so I'm at 163.5 lbs!!!
I really really hope to be in the 150s by 2010 ! It seems like this is definitely possible now! I had originally thought my 8 day trip to NYC a week ago would set me back to the 170s again but it didnt!!!

onward!!!

Good luck ladies :hug: Have a great week

alexandraT 12-11-2009 12:19 AM

hi ladies! I'm officially joining this group!! I'm at 167.5 right now, hoping, HOPING, to get to the 150s by new years, but i'm not counting on it with xmas coming up. Anyway, good luck to everyone!

And Echo - funny how you made the comment about how your body seems to "know" when its hovering over a decade.. i swear mine does too!! It's like it knows im just dyiingggg to see it slip past that 170 mark, and its like "wait for it, wait for ittt...." until one day FINALLY it drops!

InControl2Day 12-11-2009 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandraT (Post 3043212)
hi ladies! I'm officially joining this group!! I'm at 167.5 right now, hoping, HOPING, to get to the 150s by new years, but i'm not counting on it with xmas coming up. Anyway, good luck to everyone!

And Echo - funny how you made the comment about how your body seems to "know" when its hovering over a decade.. i swear mine does too!! It's like it knows im just dyiingggg to see it slip past that 170 mark, and its like "wait for it, wait for ittt...." until one day FINALLY it drops!

yay! a fellow 170s thread-er :D
congratulations!! You'll whiz past this decade like you did 170s I'm sure!

Today I weighed in at 161 lb so I'm very close to a new decade! This was my december goal to start 2010 in the 150s so I will stay super focused even throughout the holidays =)

sweettooth 12-13-2009 01:38 AM

Hi Ladies,

I have been completely MIA but I have kept up with my good diet and it has helped me drop weight.
I am now at 165 and have been around this weight since thanks giving. I have not been to gym which is what i need to do now to get over this plateau

I hope to get out of here soon. :)

mkendrick 12-13-2009 10:58 AM

Ahhhh, I'm so glad to be in this thread (but I can't wait to get out of it, haha). I just weighed in at 169.3!

InControl2Day 12-14-2009 12:17 PM

Congrats ladies on your losses!

I weighed in at 160 lbs today :D soon I'll be out of this thread (if i stay on plan)

Echo 12-14-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foresmewithlove (Post 3037324)
But I just wanted to say hi! and if anyone has any advice on how they are making it out of the 160's, it's always appreciated! :)

xoxo,
Es

for me what worked to get out of the 160s.

i ate around 1500-1600 calories. which was my BMR calories. when you have only 20lbs or less to lose, its a good idea to eat your BMR calories (which you can calculate by googling bmr calculator) and then focus on burning the calories through exercise alone. (all this i learnt from jillian michaels)

i aimed to workout intensely for 5 days a week, with 2 days of rest. for eg, workout for 2 or 3 days in a row, and then take 1 day off for rest.

i did a combination of cardio and weights. (mostly dvds, from p90x to jillian michaels workouts - i kept it varied, so my body would be constantly challenged) and tried to drink 2 litres of water.

i set myself a goal of losing around 1lb a week, and aimed to burn around 500 calories for each workout session.

good luck !! you can do it! :cheer: :cheer: and thats totally awesome that you're gonna write down everythign you eat. that really helped me, as i realised why i wasnt losing weight, becuase i kept having a couple of binge high calorie days each week that would wipe out all my hard work that i had done through the week (i stil do it on occassion but the next day i get right back to it)

i have an excel spreadsheet, that i write down everything i eat and workout my calories i ate, calories i burned, my predicted pounds loss etc, it helps to keep me on track.

i was in the 160s for ages!!! so i totally understand where you're coming from.

Echo 12-14-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexandraT (Post 3043212)

LOL Alex. thats exactly right! i swear losing the final 1lb to get into the 150s was the hardest ever!! it took me ages! haha

you're so right, its like it knows its a momentuous occassion so wants to up the anticipation

good luck with your goal! you can do it :cheer:

foresmewithlove 12-14-2009 06:19 PM

Today I weighed in at 163! I swear this must be the lowest I have been in my adult life - last time I remember being around this weight was junior year in high school....

I am hoping it is possible to get into the 150's by new years! :)