3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   A Thread for getting out of the 160s (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/174314-thread-getting-out-160s.html)

AKT 09-06-2009 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2910699)
I just wanted to encourage you to keep at it!! I had been like that (getting discouraged and stopping) for my entire life, but this last time I've been sticking with it even though I lose weight sooooo slowly, and it's been worth it. Something that helped me a TON is getting a scale that weighs with ounces as well, and being able to see my progress that minutely has been amazing for keeping me going! I know ounces vary and change all the time, but with doing 60 minutes 4x/week just walking on the treadmill, and eating sensibly, I'm losing more ounces than gaining them. It's slow going, but at least it's going. :-) Every ounce lost is a victory to me!

This site and forum have helped SO MUCH with encouragement too. :-)
And yay, we have the same October 1st goal!! Let's update here with our progress?

THanks a lot, if you see my post from a few days ago I did let it get to me a little bit and didn't do so well with my eating but I'm back on track now. According to the scale at the gym today it said 163.5 which is 2 lbs lower than what I've been stuck at.
You are so tall you're gonna look amazing at 145 :) I'm sure you do already!

I think I'm 5'8" now I shrunk! I measured myself in the nurses office at two different schools and that's what it said :(

angelinelosesweight 09-07-2009 11:18 AM

hey ladies- I'm down to 165 and I got to change my ticker this morning- it's silly how something so small can be SO rewarding :)

I'm working towards 163 by the 18th- a little under two weeks.

LiL PiXiE 09-07-2009 11:27 AM

rainsweptviola, couldn't find this thread!!!! lol

Ok soo....I agree with you, my scale does show ounces, for example this morning I was 166.2, when for a while I've been 166.6 and i was like "WOOOHOO!! 166.2!! WAY TO GO!!" So silly I know, but it made ME feel good and that's all that matters. Anyway you're right even though it comes down sooooooooooooooo slooooow its better than not coming down at all right? Slowly it will add up, so yes let's do this together since we have the same goal!!! Lets def. update our progress here and if you cant find me updating my progress here just send me a pm. I'm new to the site and get SOOO lost looking for threads!!! lol

megwini 09-07-2009 03:43 PM

Hello, everyone! I weighed 173 2 weeks ago and now I weigh 166 (freaky.. I know.. I always drop like seven pounds whenever I move and my eating habits and such change at a new location... same thing happened when I moved back to my home for the summer). So anyway, I guess I'm in the 160's now, so it's time to join your thread! Nice to meet you all! :D

rainsweptviola 09-07-2009 03:47 PM

AKT - Thank you!! I soooo hope I can get down to 145. It's the weight I felt so good at! :-) And yay for you being down 2 pounds!!

Lil Pixie - I'm new here too and can't find the threads unless I bookmark them! I bookmark all the ones I want to watch. :-) And yay for updating our progress here! :-)

And now for the WHAT THE **** HAPPENED part: I mysteriously gained 3 pounds overnight. Yep, I'm back at 165. I'm new at this diet and exercise thing, but does that just happen randomly? I didn't go over my calories yesterday - all I did yesterday out of the norm was not eat until 2 am because my dog (my baby) was sick and I was worried, and then I ate a can of soup, half a bag of popcorn, and a frappuccino. So lots of sugar and sodium, but 3 POUNDS worth?

I feel bloated and nasty. Any advice on how I can get rid of the sodium in my system and drop those "sodium sugar pounds" would be soooo appreciated!

rainsweptviola 09-07-2009 03:54 PM

Welcome to the 160's megwini! It looks like we have the same 145 pound goal! Do you have a "goal date" for reaching yours? I'm hoping for 150 pounds by my birthday (December 4th), and 145 before March. :-)

megwini 09-07-2009 05:30 PM

I have a very loose goal of reaching my goal weight of 145 by next summer (so mid May 2010ish), but if I don't stall and from today on only lost one pound a week, it'd only take 21 more weeks, which puts me at the very beginning of February, so I think next summer is a very realistic goal, in case I plateau near the end (which seems quite common). I really do want to be 150 by X-mas break though, though I won't be torn up if I'm not there by then... but it'd be pretty awesome.

Fat Pants 09-08-2009 08:21 AM

I have been bouncing between 166 and 165.4 for the past five days. Seriously ready to see the scale move past it!

AKT 09-08-2009 04:01 PM

I work out with the trainer today, I'm going to weigh myself before we get started I'm hoping it's below 165.5 :)

rocketbunny 09-08-2009 08:10 PM

Congrats Megwini! That's so awesome.

Wish I would Whoosh. I'm plodding along. Today was my official WI. I'm down 1.4 lbs this week, putting me at 168.8. That's a great weekly number, but I was down to 167.0 at the beginning of August, so it feels a little blah.

Hoping for another pound down next week! Progress is progress.

AKT 09-09-2009 01:25 AM

163.5 still!!! So I'm official down 2 pounds from where I was stuck.

Oh and that little broad kicked my butt!

Echo 09-09-2009 09:57 AM

Finally hit through my barrier of 168lbs (was that weight for just over 2 weeks - but on the positive side, that means i was maintaining the weight i had lost.). Today I weigh 165.3lbs :goodscale:
I hope its real though!! I'm always nervous that its not real lol.
I really pushed myself hard past two days during my workouts. and was careful with my diet yesterday.

rainsweptviola 09-09-2009 05:35 PM

I'm back up from 162 to 166 now!! Gained a whole pound from yesterday morning. Nothing has changed in diet and exercise except I ate a few potato chips. How.....??

Help. Tell me how you take off sudden sodium weight gain?

Echo 09-09-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainsweptviola (Post 2917819)
I'm back up from 162 to 166 now!! Gained a whole pound from yesterday morning. Nothing has changed in diet and exercise except I ate a few potato chips. How.....??

Help. Tell me how you take off sudden sodium weight gain?

erm, not sure if this is correct, but i always heard drinking lots of water, helps? like 1 and half litre to 2 litres. but like spread out throughout the day. sip sip sip

gaining a pound, if imt happened over night - would just be the weight of your actual food maybe? i wouldnt worry about it. normal weight people fluctuate up and down by a few pounds.
=========

EDIT:

gah!! i gained a pound oooooopsy, too much snacking yesterday!! weight now is 166.4
must do better today!

Fat Pants 09-11-2009 08:08 AM

164.6 today! :carrot: 163 will be a major goal for me... 50 lbs lost.