Old 06-14-2009, 09:38 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Default T-Zone Vibration/ Crazy Fit Vibration Machines

Has anyone heard of/used these machines ?

http://www.t-zonehealth.com.au/getvibratin/index.html

They are the new craze here where I live in Newfoundland, Canada. There are even T-Zone Vibration gyms opening locally.

T-zone charges 67 a month...and my gym now has two Crazyfit machines (they charge an additional 30 a mth along with my usual membership).

I've been told that with doing these machines you should also do some sort of cardio exercise...they just work the muscles and not the heart.

My friend began T-Zone and lost 9 inches in two weeks. (she also walks/eats healthy)..so I thought I'd sign up and give it a try. I don't think I have a lot of inches to lose but I do want to get more toned.

Let me know if you've had any experiences with these machines! They almost seem too good to be true. They do seem like a great kickstart for someone who is wanting to lose weight but also great if you want to tone up.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:09 AM   #2  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Exclamation hmmmm.....

I have never heard of it but it seems very gimmecky... Are you sure you didnt' see this machine on a late night infomercial?

If your going to be at the gym using that machine why don't you just done some good ol' fashioned weight lifting to firm up and lose inches? In my opinion quick fixes never work for long-

Have a great day!
akacutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

I think the effectiveness of these machines is due to the fact that you still have to do strength exercises on them! I think I saw one on Martha Stewart once, but they do like squats, one leg on the machine lunges, plank poses, etc. The machine makes you a little unbalanced I believe so forces you to work harder stabilizing. In my opinion, you could get the same if not better workout with a bosu ball or a balance board.. It definitely cannot be an easy workout though if inches are lost.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/148.5/145

Height: 5'6''

Akacutie..nope never seen it on an infomercial. I do some of the weight machines at my gym and in my Zumba class we usually do 1-2 songs of just entire toning. I'm not going to rely on the machine as my only source of toning..thought I'd give it a try just to check it out..if it works..great..if not..oh well...I doubt I will continue after this month just because I do not want to dish out an additional 30 when I'm already doing toning exercises.

Aneleh, yes I agree...I do exercises on them...some people just stand there...Actually there is one i do where i sit on the machine...facing back..and lift my legs in the air..while keeping my abs tight. The past two evenings i've done Zumba and the machine afterwards. I can DEFINITELY feel it in my stomach today when I cough/sneeze etc...and I've never felt that just by doing only Zumba...so hopefully!! BTW..just checked out your blog...your food looks fabulous!

Last edited by angelanicole23; 06-16-2009 at 10:19 PM.
angelanicole23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #5  

Thumbs up

vibration is actually good for the body so long as it is done in a positive way. I stood on one of these machines twice this week while visiting my Aunt. she owns one. Awesome! If your body is ready to let go of stuff, vibration will certainly speed up your lymph system and get it collecting waste to have elimanated quickly. I can see how it's use in conjuction with cardio would help the body slim down. KUDOS on this machine. I think I will actually get one to compliment the work I do at home.
MrsKittyFig is offline   Reply With Quote