Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #1  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Default *****Weekly Chat - June 14 to June 20*****

Hey ladies!

I hope everyone is having an OP weekend. Despite the fact that I went to bed at 3 am, I still woke up at 7:30 and decided to blow off the gym because I'm going to be jumping around and dancing for 2 hours tonight at the No Doubt concert.

I'm going to have to squeeze in a nap sometime before we leave. I'm also slightly dehydrated from sangria, so I need to replenish fluids before I even think about depleting them.

We attempted to dye my hair purple last night, and as far as I can tell, you can't see it. I'm going to wash and dry it, so maybe it'll come out in the sun, but I will be taking another trip to Hot Topic for purple hair clips. I'm kind of obsessed with this idea.

Eating has been going really well. I had a friend's birthday party last night, but I essentially spent all day doing some sort of exercise, and yeah, I indulged, but my spinning, weight lifting and swimming (plus the fact that I allowed myself a higher point allotment for yesterday) won't do me in at the scale.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Height: 5'7"

hey stellarosa! I tried dying my dark brown hair cherry red with boiling hot kool-aid in highschool lol. It kinda showed.. and never faded out!

As for me, I've been feeling a little blue lately. I guess from the lack of a social life in this new city, and I'm being a shy hermit lol. I reaally want to get drunk and have fun, as bad as it sounds. I have no desire to drink alone I've discovered.
So my game plan is to recommit to losing those last 10-15 pounds (right now I'm eating healthy stuff mostly but not watching calories at all). I'm also gonna drag my *** off the couch after I finish this snack, pretty myself up and do something! Even if it's just a walk around.
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

I'm getting ready to head out to do 120 miles round trip or so, and climb Mt. Rogers if it's not raining too badly, and if wildlife permits. There have been a lot of bears out and about, so depending on how often I cross paths will determine whether I stay at the camp sites and on the trails. I'm going to take pics, so I should have some good stuff to post. I should be back Thursday or Friday.

Stella -- Have fun going to see No Doubt! And as for the purple dye, I hope you didn't try to use Manic Panic colors. Those won't take to your hair for crap, but it will surely stain everything else it touches so be careful if you sweat at the concert. Beyond The Zone colors show up way better, and they stay in for a few weeks. You can wash it out completely with dish soap and vinegar, just be sure to deep condition. If it's just for tonite, I suggest using the spray in colors or putting streaks with the glow-in-the-dark neon hair mascara.

Aneleh --Skank it up and go getcha some! You'll probably find some awesome shops along the way, plus it's always good to get oriented to your new city. Cat calls always shake away my blues.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #4  
I will do this.

I have had four days of BBQ's and beer.

It has been great but after tonight I am ready to get my butt back in gear.
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:36 PM   #5  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

RIght now i am working on getting this weight off i aquired once i started jogging with my walks..
I have been pretty upset over this and i need to kick it in gear and get going to get it off.
This week i am going to work on walking and jogging each night 1 mile or more. I know i can do it..
Also need to get the rest of my yard work done.. I am SOO far behind with my hubby be in the hospital this past 2 weeks. He spent most of that time in ICU. SO i need to get things in gear here..

I hope you all have a great week and stick with your plans!!
Take care all!!
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #6  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys,
Since my boyfriend was in town, I didn't exactly have an 'on plan' weekend, but I've been living in a way that I know I can maintain and be happy with. I actually put my scale in my roommate's closet for the week, and she won't let me have it back till Friday (though I plan to do my weigh-in at the gym anyway where the scale is more accurate). I'd been obsessing a little bit and I think my bf is annoyed, so I'm going to try to be a little more laid back about it.

Though I've been eating less nutritiously this weekend, it wasn't binge or emotional eating...it was just being happy doing normal things with my bf like getting lunch at the hot dog stand at the lake and splitting a creemee with him. That's where I want to be with my life. Also, I ran/walked 9.5 miles in 2hrs this morning (!!!!) which is about 3mi farther than I've ever run before. This is part of my decision to see if maybe I think I could some day run a half marathon...I got horrible blisters and sort of just got bored, so I'm not sure, but the running threads on here have been really inspirational, like the c25k-ers who have gone from being able to run 500 yards at a time to being able to run 5000. That's really incredible! I just need to double my distance, not multiply it by 10, so I can do this! Also apart from the blisters my feet felt fine, and I had been worried about stress fractures. So, I'll keep training this week and try another long distance run in a week or two.

As I said, we went to the lake today, and I actually let my bf take pictures of me in my swimsuit. scratch that, I actually asked him to. He commented this weekend about how I never let him take pictures of me and now I'm like 'take my picture!' all the time

Shannon- sorry your hubby has been in the hospital I hope he is getting better and will be home with you again soon.
forestroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Haha...whoops I posted in the last week's thread by accident.

I feel like I haven't been here in a while....haha. I hope everyone's having a good weekend.

I've been trying to be so good this weekend....but it's not working out too well LOL My mom and sister actually threw me a surprise 30th birthday party Friday night and I have drank a lot more this weekend than I have in the past like 6 months! haha Plus, there is lots of extra cake laying around. My actual birthday is tomorrow and once tomorrow is over, I am back on track LOL
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #8  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

hola ladies (and gentlemen?)
having a not-very-on-plan-at-all weekend (with a glance at my half-eaten bowl of butter pecan ice cream) but that's not unusual for me right now, unfortunately. I got off track a couple of weeks ago when my computer died and I was unable to get on forum or track calories online.
But it's fixed now, and it's time to get recommited. So I'm sort of jumping into the general conversation. Hi
Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:20 AM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

It wasn't Manic Panic, I stayed away from that b/c it screams PERMANENT. I wound up getting more hair clip things and just went that route. I was dressed from head to toe in black and purple (I'll post pictures tomorrow). The concernt was awesome with a capital everything. We were about 20 feet from the stage and I could see Gwen's ab definition.
I am getting OLD. We were jumping up and down for 4 hours, and about halfway through hour 2 I realized that everything from my hips down was in severe pain. After we had to leave, it was an effort to even life my legs. Oops. I'm sitting here in my bed with my feet up, trying to get normal circulation going. It was so much fun though. And I don't know how WW classifies dancing, but I definitely got 4 hours of jumping in tonight Hopefully I'll be able to spin tomorrow.

Aneleh - did you ever think about joining a rec sport? Some friends of mine in Baltimore are in a kickball league and its basically organized drinking. Yes, they play kickball, but they spend more time in the bar after. They've met a lot of really cool people that way, while being outside and getting some activity.

Nish - the hiking sounds awesome. And you MUST take pictures.

Shannon - I hope your husband gets better soon!

Love to the rest of you!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #10  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Good morning ladies,

I am going to try this again, as I believe my post got eaten by the esc button gremlin.

Hope everyone is doing well this morning.

Stella- Glad you enjoyed yourself at the concert! They are coming to St Louis in July, and Green Day is coming in August, so hopefully I can find someone to take to both concerts. Anyhoo, can't wait to see pictures, that sounds like an awesome outfit! : )

Shannon- Hope your hubby gets to feeling better very soon!

Nish- That sounds awesome! Can't wait to see photos.

As for me, Mom, Dad, Lil Sis, and I have been moving stuff out of my apartment this weekend. So, I am sufficiently scratched, beaten, and bruised by my furniture, but at I have burned some calories. We are going to move a few more things this morning and take off for St Louis in an hour or so.

Well, hope you have a pleasant rest of the day.

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:01 PM   #11  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Hey all. So this day is going rather craptastic. I'm trying my best not be be Cranky-Pants McLisa, but am failing epically. I had a wonderful bum morning all planed out and then my landlord surprised me at 10am to rewallpaper the kitchen. No call or anything. I wasn't even wearing a bra! So I got dressed quickly and rushed out of the house. Went over to the library and picked up a copy of the 30 Day Shred DVD I've heard so much about here. Hopefully, I'll try it tonight. Now it's the computer lab. Again. I dropped by my d-bag professors office to ask if he'd gotten my email with some questions about the homework. He kinda looked at me blankly before saying "Yea, but I think I deleted it." I really had to restrain myself from physical violence. He's always telling us to email him with questions and then he deletes them!? ARG. *Deep breath* Thanks for letting me vent!

Stella- I'm so jealous, I love No Doubt! I don't know what we used, but in high school I had a glorious electric blue streak in my hair. I loved it so much. If I could go back, I would have died my entire head in the stuff. Sadly, I can't go funky with hair color anymore (stupid jobs ).

aneleh- Sorry to hear you've been feeling down. Pending grad school admission, I hope to be in a similiar situation this time next year (strange new city, hopefully not the new city blues ). Have you thought about doing some fitness classes to meet new people?

Mmm.. Me thinks I may run back to the apartment to see if landlord is gone... See you chickies later!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:29 PM   #12  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Hey ladies.
knitalisa--sorry you're having such a bad day! I hate when people mess up my lying-around time.
My day has been okay so far, went to class this morning and then hit the gym. I had a hard time working out though, due to a sudden onslaught of heartburn which is a mystery to me--I had a Lara bar for breakfast. But i got in my cardio and some weights. Now I have to study for a looming math test.
cheers
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #13  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

hey all,

so i've been having a really rough week so far. for those of you who didn't catch my ranting thread, my boyfriend of almost 3 years and I broke up. it was tough because it was one of those situations where we're both madly in love with eachother but it won't work. i always believed that there could always be a way to make love work no matter what, unfortunately he doesn't. i won't get into it but i'm not handling it too well. mentally i'm as expected, trying to get busy and not think about it, not being alone for too long etc. physically i'm a mess. i can't eat without getting nauseous, i throw up everything i do eat. luckily i can hold down fluids (not soup for some reason, the heat is no good). so i'm not getting dehydrated. i never knew that heartbreak could physically hurt. my body has never hurt this badly so constantly before. at least i'll drop those last annoying pounds to get under 160 right? haha, silver lining to every cloud.

my brother, in an attempt to comfort me, told me that although i'm going to be single, at least i'll be skinny which is something i haven experienced yet. on a similar note, my cousin told me that now that i'm hot i can hook up with hotter men than i've ever gotten before. you gotta love my family haha.

i'm attempting to concentrate so i can get some type of work done for school. i skipped both classes today because my eyes are swollen too much to read, but i'm hoping i should be relatively ok for tomorrow. we'll see.

as for the job front, i heard about openings in a school not too far away, and they're hiring quite a few people. i sent in the resume, now the waiting game begins. education is not a good field to be going into right now haha.

ugh ok well thanks for listening to me rant. i'm sorry i'm so depressing. love you all!
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #14  
Brighter than the moon!

Amy - more hugs!

Nothing too new going on here - I got my acceptance letter for grad school and I'm down 2.8 lbs Now to talk to my dad and convince him that I should go this fall and convince myself that I can do this.

I just made myself some turkey bean chilli, so I'm going to eat my dinner and watch True Blood (probably not the smartest combo, but hey).

Hope you all are having a good day/night
Old 06-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #15  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Good Evening everyone

I have so been MIA for awhile now it seems. Life is just so busy and crazy. I had to leave work early yesterday bc the vet didnt think my cat was going to wake up from the anesthia she gave him for a surgery he had to have. After much TLC and him fighting he is still alive and I think going to make it. He is asleep on my bed for right now. I hope we have a better night for sleep than last night. I think I got 4 hours total. I am so proud though he is eating and drinking, peeing, and pooping which is more than the vet expected. Yay he is just like me, a trooper.

Work is being so stressful this week, I hate period close it seems that whenever we get done with one its here again. I have had some people on my team help me today to make sure I get what I need done done. Yay for teamwork. Well time for me to start winding down for bed not that it will take much tonight. ttfn
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote