3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Special K diet anyone?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/174144-special-k-diet-anyone.html)

size8 06-13-2009 05:00 AM

Special K diet anyone??

Has anybody on here tried the Special K diet? They claim that you can drop a dress size in 2 weeks, if you eat the cereals for breakfast and lunch for 2 weeks straight.

Did this diet work for anybody?

Ellie R 06-13-2009 05:03 AM

I have done that in the past, and it worked for me, but I am not sure how well it would work when you are already in the process of losing weight.

I did it as a kick start at the beginning of a diet, but that was going from eating lots of food to that, which is why it worked I imagine...

beautifulmess 06-13-2009 09:38 AM

considering the fact that it's called the Special K Diet, I'd say it was pretty lame. Also, I eat Special K cereal and LOVE it, it tastes really good but you know what the key is? you have to eat a bowl or two every day anddd it says you have to exercise. So, really there's no magic there. You have to exercise regardless. The only thing this diet does is limit your calories by switching your regular meals with a bowl of this cereal (which is like I think 110-120 calories) so if you can find another other alternative food that is the same amount of calories or less and eat it during meals, you'd get the same results by losing weight. There's really nothing special about it, but yeah it does taste good and that's why I eat it :)

CollegeGirl 06-13-2009 10:57 AM

didnt work for me the cereal has almost no fiber and protein I was ALWAYS HUNGERY!!

Lachelle 06-13-2009 11:13 AM

I think of it in the same way I think about Slim Fast. It's fine if you're a size 8, and want to get into a size 6 for some special event, but no, it's not a long term eating plan.

CandyKisses0204 06-13-2009 11:24 AM

I eat special k cause it tastes good to me but one of my girlsfriends tried the diet and by the end of the 2 weeks she didnt even want to eat cause she was so sick of the cereal. to this day she still hasnt had another bowl of it.

Star2Be 06-13-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lachelle (Post 2784023)
I think of it in the same way I think about Slim Fast. It's fine if you're a size 8, and want to get into a size 6 for some special event, but no, it's not a long term eating plan.

I second this. It strikes me as a way for a woman who hasn't been watching her weight in any particular way to drop a lot of water weight very quickly... Kind of like the same way that many/most people lose a fairly large amount of weight within their first week or so of starting a new plan, because your body flushes out all that water first. It's like those articles in women's magazines that are like "Lose 5 lbs in 3 days!!"--all they do is recommend things that help with water retention like eating less sodium, drinking tons of water, eating foods that de-bloat you, etc. Things that like won't work nearly as well for a big dramatic weight loss if you've already been doing them... What weight you do lose is more likely to be the response of malnutrition/starving yourself on cereal. ;)

streudel423 06-14-2009 09:37 PM

I tried this diet when it first appeared several years ago...and I will never do it again! Due to the lack of protein in the cereal (it's basically airy flakes), I blacked out one day while shopping. I was bent down, stood up, and couldn't see anything and almost passed out. It was the scariest thing that has even happened to me.

I just don't believe the Special K "Challenege" (as they call it) is sensible or safe. I no longer believe in "dieting"; it's a lifestyle change for me.

helwa588 06-15-2009 04:54 AM

I think the special K diet is silly and just a way for Kelloggs to make more money. to eat cereal everyday for 2 weeks is ridiculous and i would go crazy.

Tracy 06-15-2009 09:56 AM

I am not on the diet. But I really like their new crackers. The tomato&basil,and the multigrain.And 17 crackers is one serving.:)

rosekeet 06-15-2009 04:11 PM

I think I'd go nuts if I had to eat cereal twice a day for two weeks.

dymondndruff 06-15-2009 05:19 PM

My friend lost 60lbs in in less then 6 months from it. Her doctor told her to eat special k in the morning, 2 slice of bread, unlimited fruits and veggies. Grilled or baked meats. Limit fatty condiments and white veggies.

StarryNights110 06-15-2009 05:39 PM

Sounds silly to me and yes, just a marketing tool. But Special K does make a good snack if I'm missing some calories later in the evening. Yum!

MariaMaria 06-15-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

special k in the morning, 2 slice of bread, unlimited fruits and veggies. Grilled or baked meats. Limit fatty condiments and white veggies.
The Special K isn't the important part of that sentence, you know?

Mickeypnd 06-15-2009 08:53 PM

maria, you made me lol.
=/

I must agree with everyone else. All you do is take down you cal. intake, which is about it. Its yummy cereal though. Just eat something else with it, or you'll be hungry in an hour.