3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I need help re-motivating myself!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/173806-i-need-help-re-motivating-myself.html)

Phatty 06-09-2009 01:25 PM

Motivation..i Need It!

( I had posted this in the 40 something thread 1st by accident :p)

Hey everybody
I'm new to this site, I decided to join because I seen how much support one can get from here and I think that is awesome! just what I need..

Ok so I'm 23 yrs old, from Vancouver, Canada but currently living in Mexico..
I started my weight loss journey March 16, 09 and lost 20 pounds in a month!..I was very dedicated, my diet was flawless and I exercised 6 times a week..My mind was clear, my goals were set and I was pumped up to get to my goal..BUT THEN...my bf came back from the US after a month ..after seeing that i had lost 20 pounds, he told me how great i looked and how proud of me he was...my plan is to keep going with my weight loss but it seems that whenever I'm with my boyfriend I feel too comfortable around him so I start to eat out more often, exercise less and smoke more pot than usual!..smoking pot is a terrible habit to have, especially while dieting!..it makes me eat way more and it doesn't let me think as clear as i would do sober..so I made the choice to quit the habit as of today and continue with my goal! It's very important for me to do this..all my life I been unhappy with my appearance..and I really want to know what it feels like to love my body. Also, I'm going back home to Canada in July to baptize my niece and I really want to go back in shape and feeling great so I can enjoy my visit and go out with ol friends, take pictures, go shopping..things I wouldn't usually enjoy being overweight .I just need some motivation, someone to talk to..someone who's going through the same thing as me because no one around me in real life is dealing with weight loss or even cares about my journey ..so PLEASE talk to me!! LOL
thanks for reading my post

beerab 06-09-2009 01:44 PM

Good for you for deciding to quit that stuff and keep up with the weight loss!

You have come to a great place for support!

Maybe you couldd tell your bf that you prefer not to eat out so much and start cooking at home together for your dinner dates? It's much cheaper also! Since he knows you are still working on it he could do his part by not suggesting fast food places and bad choices for eating. Even when my husband and I go out we try to go to healthier places :)

I'm not sure when in July you are leaving but if it's not till the end I'm sure it's possible for you to lose another at least 15 lbs by then :)

Good luck!

forestroad 06-09-2009 03:49 PM

I'm new here too, looking for some positive reinforcement to counteract all the negative stuff I get from myself (and my mother!) I have the same issue being around my boyfriend, except we are in a long-distance relationship and I only see him on weekends (he lives 2hrs away). When we are at my place, I'm better at eating healthily bc I like cooking for him...maybe cooking once a week is a hobby you guys could start together? Still though, I've gotten into this pattern of dieting during the week and letting go on the weekends when I'm with him. Luckily we like to hike together, so at least I get some activity in.
Anyway, focus on the positive and remember that every little bit you do is worth it! Especially with exercise, bc you can improve your health even if it doesn't show up on the scale. Congrats on the 20lbs...that's really impressive! My weight comes off about 4lbs a month, and that's a good month!

Phatty 06-09-2009 05:10 PM

Hey, thanks for the response =)

I'm sorry that you have to hear negative things from your mother on top of being your own worse critic!..

yeah, I'm definitely going to limit how much we go out to eat and just stay really focused on my goals..get back to writing in my journal a lot..

we'll see how this week goes!

skinnywish 06-09-2009 08:31 PM

all the best! you can do it! and as a fellow canadian, i am SO jealous that you are living in mexico now...it's june 9 and we are STILL getting frost here at night. what's up with that? can i come visit?!?! ;)

Shannon1983 06-09-2009 08:44 PM

i just wanted to tell you WAY TO GO on the 20 pounds you have lost so far.. That is wonderful.. Keep up the great work. I totally know how hard it can be to stay on track the way you want. You have already lost 20 pounds that should be some what of a modivator there. you can do it.. Get back on track now and start today forward. Dont dwell on the past, look forward now..

Best of luck to you and WTG again on your weight loss so far..

Phatty 06-09-2009 10:33 PM

LOL that's the only reason why I don't want to go back to Vancouver just yet..I'm not sure how cold it will be haha..

Thank you guys for responding with your kind words;)
I think logging on here daily will totally help me stay on track