Old 06-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Default *****Weekly CHat June 7th - 13th*****

I didn't see it started so I took the liberty of doing so after my two week hiatus!!!

Hi girls I missed you guys. Just got busy at work and Internet issues at home due to service providers switch. I have been doing great things but I found that I really really need you guys for the moral support. I have lost .8 which is great becuase i have been maintaining but I do so much better eating-wise when I am actively involved with the site. SO here is to a refresh!

Not to mention I was a part of a kazillion challenges and it just got to be too many for me to keep up with. I will chose one for now and stick with it. PLus ALWAYS post on my home thread ...here.

I am up to running 5-1/2 miles now! Woohoo and I am still doing my push-ups and have inc. the medicine ball for my ab work and .....*drumroll please* I have started weight training.

So what have you girls been up to! I totally missed ya"ll and shoutout to my FB girls ...you know who you are...thanks for keeping in touch!

Last edited by CakeBatter; 06-08-2009 at 10:05 AM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Hey! Missed you! You're doing so great!!!

As for me... I'm deciding on whether or not I'm taking a job offer in Rockville, Maryland, so I may be closer to you! Gotta let them know by tomorrow. I also interviewed for a position in Miami and they're checkign references so I think I'll get it too. The pressure is on.

I'm at 220.0 this morning. I saw the 219s on the scale last week, but I ate a lot this weekend. But it feels good to be down!!! Hoping to be 215 by the 4th of July weekend.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

Beaka - Awesome girl. OMG Maryland. I will be in MD tomorrow. Just hop skip and a jump away! GL on the Miami one as well. WTG on 220!!!!!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #4  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies,

I'm back again. About two days after I recommitted myself to losing weight, I found out I had mono and was on doctors orders to not exercise (like I had the energy...). Sadly, I did not lose weight like crazy (which I thought would be the only upside). The good news is, I'm finally free of the mono and getting a little energy back. My stamina has gone down to nothing, but I'm working on that! Anyways, it's time to get back in the game!

See ya'll around!
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:55 PM   #5  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Lisa - what part of virginia are you from? Sorry to hear about mono. Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Beaka - rockville. That is so close to us. Miami would be amazing. I know you have a tough decision to make. Good luck. And you are going to see 215 in no time.

Cake - wow 5.5 miles. That is incredible. I am at 2 and hope to be at 3 by the end of the month. So glad you are back.
As for me I did some healthy grocery shopping last night. I have neve had non fat greek yogurt before but I added some fiber 1 and fruit this morning and it was really good. I will be trying so new recipes this week so I will let eveyone know how they go.

talk to you all soon.
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #6  
I will do this.

- 2 pounds in the last two week!

Woot!

I am adjusting to my new sleep schedule with the dog so I had some muscle shakes at the gym with my trainer. Fatigue. She said it would get better as my body adjusted to the sleep pattern. And told me to nap this afternoon - which I will!

Other than that I am just truckin' along. The peoples fair as in town this weekend and I got a turkey leg and an unbuttered corn cob. I was proud of that. I really wanted chocolate dipped cheesecake, jerk chicken and that deep fried thingy with the powered sugar - but refused.

I am just tired. I need my body adjust to this sleep cycle....and it will, right?

*snooze*
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:01 PM   #7  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Starmac -Well, I'm from Lexington, but I'm down in Wise right now finishing up school. It's a tiny little town on the "toe" of VA. Takes me about an hour of country roads to get to after I get off I81. What about you?

Last edited by KnitALisa; 06-08-2009 at 02:01 PM.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:24 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'9

Hey I am down a pound!!!! It has been 15 days and the scale has not budged and this morning whew right to 163 ahaha YAY!!
Taylor congrats on 2 pounds this week thats awesome!!
CollegeGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #9  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Hey ladies!

Monday's making me grumpy. I went hiking in the heat yesterday, which was fun, but then the boys and I had a cook-out where I had lamb chops (yum) and corn. Don't think its going to kill me too much, but we shall see tomorrow. EEk. I just have to watch my salt because the spice rub we used was salty!

I think I'm going to train for this 60 mile hike next April. Training consists of hiking. A lot. I do that already. It says by the end you have to be able to walk 3 miles in an hour and I can do that now, so I might already be in good shape. I work with a lot of "snobby" runners - they run a lot of marathons and look down on people who don't run (me!) - I figure if I do a 60 mile hike I can say oh, you ran a marathon? I hiked more than TWICE that.

I know. I shouldn't be bitter.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #10  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Afternoon ladies,

I'm feeling you on the grumpy Monday, stella. I have been receiving calls every day without fail looking for a bill I've already paid, and three days ago at that. I keep reminding them in a gradually less friendly tone that I have paid the bill already, and yet the calls persist. *sigh* Add that to a perpetually grouchy boss and an exhibit that opens up tomorrow, it's been really great. *sarc*

In better news, I have lost 8 lbs over the past 2 weeks or so, five of which were during the previous week. I am somewhere in the mid 220s, depending on the scale. I'm excited, since I haven't been in the mid 220s in quite some time.

And, I'm going to see Up tonight, since the last attempt at going to the movies didn't really pan out. Should be fun, pretending to be a kid for an hour and a half.

Congrats on ya'll's losses as well! Keep up the good work!

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #11  
Little Black Dress Bound

S/C/G: 192/181/135

Height: 5'5"

Well the weekend didn't go well for me, but I'm already doing well for today. However, I am nervous about tonight. This is my last week in school so my friends and I decided we should all go out to eat together tonight. We haven't chosen a restaurant yet but I'm nervous I'll be tempted to get something bad. Luckily, one of my friends already out ruled Red Robin. Guess I'll choose when I get there... but right now I'm trying to think of someplace so I can plan ahead.
DRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #12  
Feelin' Sassafrassy

S/C/G: 317/271/165

Height: 6'0''

Good Evening Yall

Well today has been alright work not too overwhelming etc. There should be a law against making Blue Bell brand ice cream, anything that tastes that good should be illegal. Aunt flow is in full swing and took some steroids, I want ice cream like it was the only thing on this planet worth eating. Ugh. I wore my contacts to work today for the first time. They worked out pretty good, I think I still need to invest in a pair of reading glasses according to the eye doc lady it will take like half the strain to read the computer at work.
Bee20nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:15 AM   #13  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

hey girls

i still have the horrible bronchitis ugh. ive been taking it easy but i am anxious to get back in the gym. i want to be down by the end of june...remember the boy that broke my heart well we made up and he will be here to talk about what we both want at the end of june. although he could care less about what i look like i want to be back down a bit.

i am in a period of self reflection and trying to figure out what steps i want to take to start this journey on to the rest of my life. i know i want to get my training certifications as soon as i can and take the pre-requisite science classes to begin my DPT (doctor of physical therapy) program. i think i want to move back to stl. i sort of hate kansas city...other than family i dont think this is where i want to be.

beaka - if miami offers u the job i think u should go there. i was sposed to call u but my coughing got out of control tonight. md is cold miami is hot and wonderful and there is a beach. more motivation to stay OP. im praying u make the right decision.

bee - blue bell is the debble! lol

alana - how u been girl? ive been neglecting our accountability thing but i am back on it soon promise

cake -yr back! i missed ya! and u still havent text me! grrrr

taylor - get some rest and tell that dog to scoot lol
bjeweled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:14 AM   #14  
Its Alana Time

S/C/G: 217/ticker/150

Height: 5'4.5''

Lisa - i am from Richmond. If you pass the Short Pump Mall, I can practically wave to you

brie - hey hey. I am back at it today after a weekend of food tastings. Richmond needs to stop having food festivals and I need to stop going to them

I just made my lunch for tomorrow. Whole wheat pasta with chicken meatballs and broccoli. Hope its good. I have no choice but to eat it. I didnt make it to the gym today, but I went to my salsa lesson. starting next week it is going to be 1 1/2 hours. I am too excited.

Okay time for bed so i can go to the gym tomorrow morning. Night everyone
starmac13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:40 AM   #15  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

my plateau is making me so bitter. I see people posting about their "plateaus" and im tempted to make snide comments about how its not a plateau and how they should try 6 months and then they can complain. Its making me lose all my compassion
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote