Old 06-09-2009, 06:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

Ghost - You'll probably want to snide at me...but I know what you're saying. I've been at the same weight (give or take 1 pound) since April, so for about 2 months and it's really frustrating to read people who write that they haven't lost anything in 3 whole days! LOL
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:00 AM   #17  
This is not a test.

S/C/G: 187/132/127.8

Height: 5'5''/165cm

April! April! Pah! its not only frustrating, its making me a cranky person. Im not a cranky person, im pretty happy go lucky really. It sucks I honestly want to kill anyone that even mentions weight loss. Even in relation to themselves. If anyone is like "i might join a gym" i'm like RAAAAAAAAAAAGEDONTEVENGOTHEREWITHMEJUSTLEAVEMEALON EWHYMUSTYOUALWAYSBRINGTHATUPJESUSCHRISTWHATSWRONGW ITHYOUPEOPLECANTYOUTHINKABOUTANYTHINGOTHERTHANMYWE IGHTLOSS?!?!?

which is totally unreasonable and uncalled for and out of character

seriously though. I gotta find some meditation or inner peace or make a plan or something. before i kill someone
Iconised Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:34 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/165

Height: 5'5"

Thanks everyone!!! I have decided to go with Maryland (calm down, Brie). It'll totally be a better career move for me. Plus, I've never lived up north so it'll be a good experience. So I'll be calling this afternoon and telling them I'll take it. Stellarosa: We'll have to talk! And I'll be expecting to see all you Virginia ladies when I'm in MD (especially you, Cake!!!)

miss shelly> I had a horrible cable bill experience from another move. They kept sending me notices and then when I'd call they'd say my balance appeared to be zero. I know your frustration.

Ghost:

Brie:
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 09:02 AM   #19  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Height: 5'4

I was right with ya'll on the cranky Monday. My summer class schedule stinks; on Mondays and Wednesdays I have class from 5 to 9pm with the most vile man on the planet. Shockingly, he was a bit nicer last night but this is the man who made last Fall a living **** for me. Also, the class is hard and I'm going to have to learn a new programming language which is something that's really hard for me. But, it's only a few weeks rather than a whole semester so I just need to keep reminding myself that.

Starmac - Oh, the Short Pump Mall... I was in Richmond a few months ago for a conference and on the way back we got to stop there. I fell in love with a couch and spent most of the time trying to figure out how to convince the 'rents that I really needed a $2000 couch. For reasons I still can't understand, they did not agree.

Beaka- Congrats on the job! One of my sorority sisters lives in Rockville and she's really liking it up there.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #20  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Beaka - Congrats!!! Yes, we have to talk!! And it may be cold in MD (not as cold as NJ) but we don't have hurricanes!

Icon - I can't say I empathize, since I'm not on a plateau and if I'm going up and down its b/c I'm not being completely OP, but I am frustrated lately when anyone else mentions weight loss. I'm just like SHUT UP YOU WEIGH LIKE 120 LBS AND ARE 5'4 YOU'RE PERFECT LEAVEMEALONE. I worked my butt off last night at spinning and then running (and then sleeping) and I'm in a somewhat better mood now.

I just can't wait for this weekend. Party on Saturday. Concert on Sunday. Day off on Monday. I'm so over work and its only Tuesday morning.
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #21  
I will do this.

knit - I am right there with ya on the summer school! I would much rather be at a bar with a nice drink than in class in the summer (and by bar I mean gym and by nice drink I mean elliptical....sort of... hee hee!)

My body is SLOWLY adjusting to this new sleep schedule. My dad said it would take 10 days and that I should also go to bed at the same time every night so I starting doing that last night...

I got some blueberries and organic strawberries yesterday on sale and that was exciting...

I am seeing RENT on thursday (it is a musical that is in Denver - if you know what it is be jealous :-) ) and I am SUPER excited about that. I am going to a french resturant before hand...which will be a meal off my plan and meh - I am cool with it.

Any suggestions as to what meal to look at at a french place? I have never been to one...

beaka - I am so glad you choose maryland! Congrats and I pray your move goes well!

ghost - I heart you. Don't worry - you WILL get through this. I bet you are loosing inches instead of pounds. Are you weight lifting at all?

Love you girls! Happy Tuesday!
Taylor86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #22  
Brighter than the moon!

Rent is the BEST MUSICAL EVER!!!
Old 06-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #23  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I 2nd Rent is the best, I love it, CRIED MY EYES OUT the first time and it was that the standing ovation, I was right in front of them and just couldn't look up at them without balling i was so happy with the performance. still cry every time i see it.

SO I quit drinking ALL last week, and then on friday we decided to make a rule that we only drink on Fridays, but still follow the detox schedule, which ends after tomorrow. But I've decided I'm going to pretty much stick to it through the end of this month, I'm losing like a lb a day, and will hopefully hit my 6lb goal for the 9 day detox by tomorrow, I'm at 4.8 loss in 8 days, so i'm thinking tomorrow i'll be there, I have too, right?

Plateau girls - the reason i started the fat smash was because I was working so hard and seeing no results, I dont think I was even losing any inches. I read the forums here, and joined the yahoo group, bought the book and started on the 1st. Everyone said they lost 8-10 lbs, so I set my goal at 6lbs, and hoped for the best. There is no drinking anything but water and maybe some decaf herbal tea, all fresh fruits and veggies, no meat, and some other rules, but dang, it works, and I notice that I'm much happier and focused! haha, who would have thought not drinking every day would make me feel better! I'm just a party animal, so I enjoy drinking. So anyway, maybe check it out. I'm at my lowest weight ever since I started in Sept08.

Cake! - I'm so glad you are back, and might I say DAAAAAAAMN girl, that's awesome 5 1/2 miles, you are my hero! I've been SOO lazy and now i have summer school, i'm not lifting because my lifting partner is out. I'm working on running 3 miles a day atleast again, yesterday was 3.1, and i WILL do it again today!

Beaka - Girl you've been gone for a min. too!!! Congrats on the job offers, I hope MD works out for you, I'm not sure I could pass up FL either, but I was born in AZ, I LOVE HEAT!! haha, but now you'll get to hand with Cake and Star, that'll be FUN FUN!!

Taylor - hope your body adjusts quickly, 2lbs is great though! Have fun at Rent!!!

Brie - bronchitis is so annoying, hope you feel better, FAST!

Knit - What language are you learning? I just took my first attempt at any language, C#, and failed miserably. I'm going to try and understand on my own with my text book, and I also bought head first C#, but hopefully i can comprehend this during this semester coming up on my own before i pay for the class again. I feel like I started backwards though, with the newest language first, I kind of regret not taking VB first...What do you think? I was all excited about it, now i'm just like WHAT??? I need a good teacher and tutor i guess.

Stella
- I feel ya on the weekend, I have a party on Saturday too, and its for a real good friend of mine i just haven't had time to see in a long while!! WOOT WOOT! that's my cheat day instead of friday..drinking wise, i'll eat good both days :-)

EVERYONE ELSE! Hope your days are good and better than yesterday!!

Ta ta ladies

Last edited by DanSinDeva; 06-09-2009 at 03:50 PM.
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #24  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 159.8/149.0/130

Height: 5'6 1/2"

OH YEAH I forgot, Don't know how but I did! I CHOPPED my hair off this weekend, it's freaking HOT in AZ and I just couldn't take it anymore. I need to post pictures, I'll see if I can get some tonight or tomorrow morning when its at its best. I love short hair! But I got a lil bit of color too, which i'm not so happy about, its cute, but I wish i would have asked them to darken my hair first, then highlight...anywho..stayed tuned, the BF loves it!! That's a plus! He just kept saying, damn i can't get over how much i like your hair. teehee!
DanSinDeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 250/173.2/149

Height: 5'6"

OMG...I ADORE RENT!!! I have seen it like 7 times already both on Broadway and in Boston. It's coming my way this summer and I am planning on going. I'm so excited to see Anthony Rapp as Mark because he is fabulous!!! The first time I saw it, I was like 18 years old and my dad took me during my spring break from college since my college's was earlier than my friends'. Anyway, imagine my horror when they did an orgy scene and I'm sitting next to my dad!! I could have died of embarrassment

I can't believe it's only Tuesday!!! I swear, this week is going to be one of the longest ones ever and the kids are all CRAZY HYPER this week!!! haha
Chele615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #26  
Michelle

S/C/G: 237/194/125

Height: 5'3"

Blah... I am having a "fat day". I feel like I'm totally ugly, especially since the scale is going up again.

I do like Rent though. Best musical ever.

M
miss shelly84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 194/139/125

Height: 5'8"

Hihi darlings!

I'm not up to anything. At all. I'm trying to save a bajillion dollars to move March of next year, still looking for a real job, and I haven't had a sip of anything even remotely alcoholic in days. Go ahead and gasp, i'm surprised i'm still alive too. I was worried that I would be unable to function without booze at this point, but apparently i'm good. lmfao. That being said, I think i'm done with liquor. I was starting to use it as a crutch and that is not a habit I need. I gave up peen too (cue more dramatic gasps) for that reason as well. I did some soul searching and discovered that I really don't like men. At all. So until I can get my misandrist sentiments under control, it's not fair to wage emotional warfare on unsuspecting innocent young men for no real reason other than I have nothing better to do.

I'm going backpacking for five days this weekend provided it doesn't start raining again.

The dietitians orders were what I needed, i'm down 4 pounds since I saw him. It is slow going, but apparently i've been starving myself unintentionally for a while and it's going to take my body awhile to adjust. I fit into a pair of American Apparel size 27 skinny jeans (don't even ask how the crap that happened, I don't know) which made me absolutely ecstatic.

Beaka -- YAY!!!!!!! You being in MD gives me an excuse to come up to Baltimore. Where is Ashlan? ROAD TRIP!

Dansin -- Where are the pics? Let's go!

Taylor -- I am jealous. I *love* Rent, I bawled during it too.

Ashlan -- 5.5 miles!!!!! I'm so proud of you boo! I would love to go running with you. I don't think my knees have many miles left, it's been taking me longer and longer to recover. My knees have been swollen for 3 days since doing sprints on Sunday. I'm going to have to restrict it to cushioned treadmill only.

Bee -- Have you tried to skinny cow ice cream sandwiches? I just bought some last night because I remembered seeing the brand in the forums. OMG they are so good, and HUGE! And only 140 cals a sandwich.

Knit -- I used to head over to Short Pump regularly until I discovered Coplons and now i'm always over there ogling the Louboutin's, trying them on, and dreaming about owning a pair. LoL.

Ghost -- Just threaten one of them, at least get it out of your system. LoL.

Brie -- Don't get excited yet, but when I move, i'll probably be headed back to STL.

Shelly -- How was the movie? I want to see Up a lot, but instead got seduced by The Hangover. Funniest effing movie I have seen in awhile, but I also enjoy crude gross-out humor. LoL.
NishKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #28  
Once more, with feeling!

S/C/G: 235/ticker/135

Taylor - I so hear ya! I hate summer school more than anything because it's so hard not to have a break. (Yes, I can hear all you working ladies out there rolling your eyes, ya'll are getting paid!) I'd really like to be able to go home and spend a couple of weeks with the family, but school kinda makes that not possible.

Stephanie - I spent last summer in pain trying to learn C++. I made an A, but it was only by the kindness of a very patient prof who tolerated me dropping by all the time, going "WHY DOESN'T IT WORK?!?!"(I'm pretty sure I looked just like that!) This summer, I'm taking Modeling and Simulation. I could do most of the stuff in C++ again, but it would make my life a lot harder. So I'm trying to learn Visual Basic for Excel on my own. It doesn't like me. For some reason, my data is showing up in random cells. Ugh, I don't know. I'm going to email my code to the prof and pray he tells me how to fix it. Anyways, I totally feel your pain on the coding and learning languages. I've found that people who have never tried it have absolutely no concept of how hard it is, especially if you don't have one of those minds that can take an abstract problem and put it into math and then put the math into computer lingo and then find a solution. Ugh, sorry for the rant. I just hate this class!

Ok, I'm leaving the lab now. I'm accomplishing nothing and am just gradually hating my life more and more. Time to go get some fresh air.
KnitALisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #29  
It's the final countdown!

S/C/G: 181/150.2/125

Height: 5'3

Random, but RENT is amazing. I am partial to Wicked though. I cried during Defying Gravity because I had waited so long to see it.

I'm doing excellent. I've lost a whopping two pounds in 5 days! YAY!
KEmery08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:50 PM   #30  
Brighter than the moon!

Sigh. I gained 1.2 lbs. I don't understand it. I lose weight before TOM and gain it after? I did have a lot of salt this weekend, so we'll see what happens. I just had a mini-binge and went over my points, but it was all healthy food. Turkey enchiladas with avocados, salsa and black bean dip, with brown rice and corn on the cob. Tomorrow I'm going to do the "Wendie Plan" for WW - I found it on the WW forum, you just vary your points each day instead of doing the regular with FP as extra. This is more structured, so we'll see what happens. I also vow to get my A$$ out of bed each morning and work out, instead of after work. I just feel like I get a better work out afterwork, and since its starting to get humid I'll be less inclined to skip due to the weather. Sigh. I've got to get myself out of this negative funk. I don't understand it. I think I just need a hug.

Love to all of you ladies - you inspire me to keep going and not give up!