Question for Fat Grams and Fat Calories, Any help appreciated

• I have a few questions i hope someone can answer.. I know they might sound totally stupid but i dont know the answers so i am asking you all..
    1.How many fat calories make up a gram of fat?
    2. If i am on the tredmill and it says i burned 50.8 fat calories, How many grams of fat did i burn if i burned any??

I am sorry if this sounds stupid i just dont know the answers and i was hoping you all could help

Thanks again everyone!!
  • There are 9 calories per gram of fat.
  • So at the 50.8 fat calories i burned a little over 5 grams of fat?
    Is that correct? Do i go by fat calories or regular calories,, sorry i am confused..
  • i dont think the treadmill is particularly accurate in terms of how much you burn...its probably a good guide for how hard your workout is, but i wouldnt pin too much hope on it in terms of predicting how much you will lose
  • Quote: So at the 50.8 fat calories i burned a little over 5 grams of fat?
    Is that correct? Do i go by fat calories or regular calories,, sorry i am confused..
    Your math there is right, but I'd doubt that the treadmill recorder is accurate.
  • I believe that it really depends on how high your heart rate is if you're burning calories from fat or just general calories. Typically your heart rate has to be lower to burn fat calories - I don't remember the percentage, but its lower than if you're burning it from somewhere else (don't know where).
  • Trying to determine how many calories you're burning, is mostly pointless in my opinion. The only real control you have is over the calories coming in.

Exercise does help you burn more fat and save muscle, but trying to calculate exactly what your body burns and the proportion of which is fat, muscle, or water can drive you batty.