Old 06-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 192/ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Having trouble getting my head in the game...

Hello ladies, I've been at this for like over a year now. This of course being trying to lose weight. I was successful at first and dropped weight really quickly. And then I went to law school and started making excuses for my binges (I'm stressed, I'm too tired to cook something, all my friends were eating it, etc). And so I've been stuck yo-yoing from 150-160 for the past 8 months!

The problem is all mental I think. For instance, I was doing really well when I first started school. Like I got to my lowest weight of 145lbs. i mean I hadn't seen that number in over 8 years! But when I looked in the mirror I was so disappointed that I didn't look any smaller. And that's when I started cheating. The thing is that when I start to get lower numbers, when I get close to my goal weight I panick. It's like I'm worried that I'll reach the number and I won't look any different and nothing will have changed.

Has anyone else felt like this? How do I get over this mental thing? I've tried psyching myself up, avoiding the scale, etc. but it's like being overweight is the only thing i've ever been and I just can't see myself skinny. Does that make sense?
rachiebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I've definitely been where you are.. though I am not there now. I had lost about 15 pounds and plateaued there. I was stuck for the longest time and thought that it was never going to change. I started thinking, I'm still gross so what is the big difference between where I am now as opposed to where I was? Then, I let myself go. I gained back what I had lost and then some. That was the heaviest I had ever been in my life and I suddenly realized how big the difference really was between where I started and where I had been. I felt horrible. Due to that failure, I'm sad to say, I didn't lose any more for a while. I recently just got fed up with being the weight that I was. So I put my foot down and got to it. I'm doing really well now and continue to lose.
So, just keep doing what you've been doing and work at it like there is no tomorrow. You'll start losing again and you'll feel so great that you didn't just decide to stop. You just need to remember how far you've come from where you were and look at pictures. You'll remember why you were doing it and it will motivate you again! Keep on it!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote