Old 06-02-2009, 08:50 AM   #16  
Rockin Socks since 1984

S/C/G: 205/179/155

Height: 5'3.5

Walmarts are a great idea. I know all walmart parking lots are open for use for RV's who are traveling to stop for a night or whatever, so I can't imagine a picnic would be a problem.

As far as the tupperware vs. baggie situation, I would say it depends on how much you're sqeezing into the cooler. My mom was always a fan of baggies because she would suck the air out of them and then be able to fit twice as much crap in there than if she had been using tupperware. We would wash them at the hotel sinks and re-use them. (She didn't use the small sandwich ones, but the thicker ones to ensure they didn't rip...and kept a few extra at the bottom of the cooler just in case).
amyleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #17  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

I hadn't thought of camping out in the Walmart parking lot! That's a brilliant Idea too! We can go do a little food shopping if we need to and open the tailgate and get some fresh air . Good plan! Every town has a Walmart lol.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #18  
At 5:00

S/C/G: 207/195/120

Height: 5'3''

I don't have experience going that far with kids, but I've done it. I'm jealous of that road trip! I'm a photographer, so a long trip with beautiful views makes me drool!

Anyway, dried fruits are a really wonderful snack to bring. I always have some granola and some dried pineapple when I go somewhere. It's sweet and fruity. Dried apricots are good, too. And your kids would just think they're gummies.

That's a very far move, though! Hopefully you do well in Cali. It's a tough place to live. I'm actually trying to LEAVE. But that's me.

Good luck!
wednesdaymorning is offline   Reply With Quote