OMG...I can not believe I did that...

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Yesterday was so awful. I just didn't care basically but I completely regret it now. I'm afraid to even step on the scale. I feel bloated and disgusting...

We had a cookout yesterday. DH made a bunch of delicious food and his family came over. They make full-fat food and brought over sweet potato casserole, scalloped potatoes, and brownies. We bought boston cream pie and lemon meringue for dessert. (Boston cream pie is practically gone, lemon meringue only has a small piece cut out, the piece I ate)

I had a small piece of steak, some bbq pork, a cheeseburger (with WW cheese and light bread), about 1/4 cup of scalloped potatoes, 1/4 cup sweet potatoes, small sliver of boston cream pie, and small sliver of lemon meringue.

Not so bad, right?

Counted up my points...went over my daily limit... (and Saturdays are my high point days since I am following the wendie plan...that is pretty darn bad)

The brownies...oh...they killed me

I had one...then another...another...

later another...then before bed time I ate the rest which was about 2 1/2.

I pretty much figured "I'm already over so wth."

Such a big mistake. I feel awful today. I can't believe I ate what I ate. I haven't done that in so long. Why did I do it yesterday?!

Part of me wants to blame TOM, because it hit me pretty hard. I know I can't fully blame it though. It is mostly on me.

I am needing some major support here.
  • so you had a bad day...we all do. Don't beat yourself up about it...just get right back on track and in a day or 2 you won't even remember that you got off track!!!
  • Hey... it's ok.

What you do now, is use that as a big calorie spike and go work out even harder now for the week to gain extra activity points. Think of what that will do for your metabolism! Remember how eating like that made you feel. Learn for the next time. Even when we all hit goal, there will be things like that... forever. So use it as practice!
  • Hey... once in a blue moon is NOT going to kill you. No point in being alive if you can't LIVE and throw caution to the wind now and then. Just remember that it is just THAT.... once in a blue moon! You know you won't do it all the time... so don't sweat it.
  • You should take some time to really think why it happened. Where you anticipating all those foods there? Did you have healthy but tasty alternatives? Example: an apple hardly substitutes for a brownie to me lol, but like a light chocolate mousse would. Were you stressed out? Maybe being with all the family and friends like that made you revert to how you used to eat in those situations?
    It's a good way to learn what to do next time, but don't beat yourself up over it, it happens! Just keep going and you'll be fine. One day never hurt ANYBODY.
  • I had the same slip up 3 days ago and I've now lost a lb since! So actually as horrible as you may think it was it could be a good boost to the metabolism to over eat for a day if you think about it (at least if you are calorie restricting which im sure you are by the sounds of point lol) Dont worry everything will be okay!! todays a new day so start it off right you'll be feeling better soon =)
  • We all have slip ups, no biggie! I'd increase activity points a little to try and make up for it, but one day isn't going to derail you completely. Its in the past, now you can learn for the future
  • I'm with you, except I've been doing this crap for the past WEEK!! So frustrating. The biggest thing is to just get back on track asap. Get on the scale and keep on trying. For me I might also go to an extra WW meeting this week.
  • Mizzy may have a point there about the metabolism boost... I read something similar about that in Shape magazine last month, i.e. that it's okay now and then to just have a good time and eat what you want. *shrugs* Maybe.
  • I feel you.

Like less than 10 minutes ago...I just caved in and had 2 cookies. I mean, it wasn't that bad. They were 80 calories each but still. I feel...like a fat fatty fat. I know I have self control but I just screwed up! ah well. Gonna have to work it off now.
  • What is it about the weekend? I had greek food last night... I don't even want to KNOW how many points is in tzatziki (full fat of course) but you know what, it's ok, I'm going to work my tail off for the rest of the week and don't look back. Don't stress over it, it's a blip, as long as it doesn't happen all the time. Move on, drink heaps of water and kick up the exercise routine a notch, it will all work out!
  • Nobody is perfect You'll get back on track, on this one day probably won't do any long term damage.
  • Oh girl, I know how you feel.... I have what I like to call "Eaters Remorse." Like 10 minutes after I eat it I feel SO guilty.... I do give myself "wiggle room" on the weekends, and this past weekend I gained 2lbs so I'm kicking myself this morning. I just tell myself on Monday mornings that I'm back on track NO EXCEPTIONS til at least Friday night!
  • its okay! its not about the battles but the war. so its not about the slipup but how consistent you are overall!
  • I could basically just copy and paste your post and all I'd have to do would be change the food items.
    Mine were margaritas, movie theatre popcorn, and trail mix (9 pts for 1/2 cup). I don't know why I did it either, I had my day all planned out and I should have stuck to it, but the weekends kill me. It's so hard to relax and have fun and keep on plan. I wish I had some better advice, but all I can say is to learn from it, move on, and make a better plan for next time. Good luck!