Old 05-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #1  
Callie1983

S/C/G: 192/153/135

Height: 5ft6in

Default Heart rate monitor recommendations anyone?

I am looking to purchase a heart rate monitor watch... I've looked online and most are pretty pricey. Can anyone recommend a quality brand/style that is in my budget?? I want to spend $30 or less.
I would like it to have the following features:
Water resistant
Heart Rate Monitor
Calories Burne
Stop watch/timer

Thank you all!

~Callie
Callie1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

The "calories burned" part is going to be harder to get in your budget. Most major brands have proprietary formulas to determine calories burned, so that can throw a wrench in the mix. However, there are several options available on EBay in that price range that calculate calories burned...they aren't major brand names, so I can't offer a specific recommendation, but it might be a place to start.

You can watch sporting goods store ads for sales on the Polar series monitors...they are good quality and I sometimes see them as low as 50 dollars or so.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #3  
Brighter than the moon!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'4

I just got one at Target a few weeks ago that was 29.95. I don't have the brand (I'm at work) but it was with all the work out stuff and it had the features mentioned...
stellarosa27 is offline   Reply With Quote