3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ***Weekly Chat-May 24th-30th*** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/172464-%2A%2A%2Aweekly-chat-may-24th-30th%2A%2A%2A.html)

amyleigh 05-26-2009 12:11 PM

Talina-Welcome!

Shantroy-Congrats on the clothes!! So glad you got them back!

Icon-Poor kitty!! I’m sure she’ll be ok in time. Just keep loving her and she’ll get back to normal soon

Nish-Sounds like an excellent reason to learn Spanish…or at least some key phrases like “Let’s go to dinner,” “Pick me up at 8” and “Let’s make out” haha

Luvya- You’re not alone. I’m sick too…of course mine is allergies. My problem is living in the woods and having an allergy to pollen . Take some Nyquil tonight so you can at least get a good night’s sleep!

Stella- Screw Hopkins. Sorry, I’m a Loyola girl myself so I’m not a fan of Hopkins. Haha. Anyway, being a graduate of Loyola and being 120,000 in debt, I can totally say, go to the cheap school.

Dan- the cook yourself thin cake is an EXCELLENT idea, I’m so stealing that. I feel you on the heat front though. I may live in Jersey but my bros are in Phoenix and I refuse to visit them unless it’s early spring or winter.

bjeweled- you go work it in miami for all of us that can't! have a blast!!

As for me, well I had an interview today at a local High School. It was my second interview with them and I think it went well until the last question when I told them that I think every student has the right to fail. I explained it by saying that as a teacher it is my job to do what I can to help them succeed, but if they refuse to learn, they need to face the consequences of their actions even if that means failing. They all sort of froze for like a solid 45 seconds….awwwwkkkwaaard. But as I was leaving they all told me I did a really good job. I’ll hear from them in about two weeks. Oh well. K, it’s 30DS time. Ciao chicas!

stellarosa27 05-26-2009 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyleigh (Post 2756547)

Stella- Screw Hopkins. Sorry, I’m a Loyola girl myself so I’m not a fan of Hopkins. Haha. Anyway, being a graduate of Loyola and being 120,000 in debt, I can totally say, go to the cheap school.

We were college neighbors and home state neighbors (north jersey here)! I went to Towson for undergrad. Yeah, Hopkins is a good school and all, but I am a firm believer that its not the school you go to, its the effort you put into it. Towson gave me a great undergrad education and that education got me a really good job - who's to say their graduate program won't do the same. I just hate the school snobs.

I just printed out my application and all the materials I need - I'm going to set up an appointment to talk to the project director, talk to my dad, and hopefully I'm good to go. I just have a really good feeling about this...

DanSinDeva 05-26-2009 02:30 PM

Nish - Oh no i can see your pic, i was talking about the VA claim too whoopsy, we kinda posted at the same time.

Brie - sweet, I'll be your FS buddy for sure! You'll be detoxing from Miami and I'll be detoxing to go to Clearwater! hahaha, I saw you post there, I wondered if you were still doing it! I'm very interested to see how this plays out after two weekends of parties and two weekends of parties during it, I have to do for me though, just like you! Good job taking a break, it's so nice to have Brie back!

Shan - thank goodness you got your clothes back, that would have been totally weird! I can totally relate to bad experience being the force behind an addiction...the good part is he has good support system even with you guys living across boarders! I'm glad he's getting help, and semi-willingly is really the only way or willingly! It's been YEARS for me, so I just look at it as a been there done that thing, i'm actually kind of glad I experienced it so I can tell my kids how MESSEd up it is, that is when I have them.

amy - haha, most people stay away from Phoenix May - Nov, I think our summer lasted into December last year too! haha, I'm going to love our community pool and misters this summer though! Yay for the second interview, I hope that didn't screw you up, that's good logic anyway, kids need to learn consequences to their actions, and HS is a good place for them to learn as well.

Stella - I have good thoughts too, I hope your dad can help you out until work pays ya back, that will be so awesome!

Chele615 05-26-2009 04:47 PM

Stella - it's definitely what you put into a master's program rather than what name is on your degree that counts. I got my Master's at the same college that I got my undergrad from and some people didn't like that either. They thought I was taking an easy way out.....staying with something familiar. But, my little Catholic college that no one's ever heard of had exactly the program I was looking for (Learning Disabilities) and it was one of the best decisions I ever made!

Shantroy - I am SOOOO glad that you got your clothes back. What a relief!!! Lululemon is wicked expensive, but I love it!!! I only have one hoodie from there....it was a reward. Basically I said that I would buy one when I could finally fit into one because I always wanted one but they didn't fit. I love it and want more ;)

Bjeweled - Have a ton of fun in Miami!!!!

miss shelly84 05-26-2009 05:18 PM

Hey guys!!!

Dansin- The show is actually on May 30th, but I am driving 300 miles to go see the show (and my parents). Not to mention I am going to tour the college I am going to next year.

Nish- Those strawberries look delish! Makes me want to go and eat some myself. :)

Icon- Sorry about your kitty! Sounds like she's been through it these past few weeks, I hope for better luck for her henceforth!

Stella- I totally agree with you on your educational pursuits. I think having any kind of degree will help you to further yourself, regardless of where your degree is from.

Me- I had a good day today, walked a total of 16 blocks today going back and forth to the restaurant I went to with my co-workers. It was sooo good, but I managed to restrain myself and eat only one plate. (It was a buffet.) Not to mention that I loved the walk; I love walking along downtown streets. Now that my work for the week is over, I have only one more grant writing class and I will be home free! :)
A little bit of a frustrating thing though... I have been looking into whether or not they have processed my application at the university I am going to this fall. Apparently, not only have they not processed it, they have no record of it at all. This is pretty sucky too because I am going there on Friday and I would like to have a good idea of how to proceed from here. *sulks* I guess that's universities for you.

Looking forward to further chat, I guess I will talk to you guys from St Louis next!

M

luvja 05-26-2009 06:43 PM

Brie - I'm totally jealous. Miami! Have FUN! (Obviously you will)

Nish - Those strawberries look YUMMY.

shantroy - Thanks. And that really really sucks about your stolen clothes. I hope they return them. K A R M A.

amyleigh - Allergies are no fun eh :(

shelly - 16 blocks! :yikes: You rock.

HELLO to everyone else :D

I was planning on walking tonight, with my buddy. But apparently Mother Nature wants me to be fat forever. Darn rain. So instead we are going grocery shopping :lol: It's suppose to rain for the rest of the week here. Grrrrrrr. Ah well, I'll make sure I eat proper. And I really need a vacation. I don't see one AT ALL in my near future :cry: Boo!

HeatherMcG 05-26-2009 06:55 PM

Hey my Lovely Losers!

How is it going? Things are okay here. Going on a field trip tomorrow to a state park. Hiking all day! Still trying to decide what to charge for babysitting.... but that's a separate post! :lol:

Nish- Strawberries YYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM!

Brie- HA! I seriously lol'd about you getting a bunch of peen before moving home! Oh girl. Between you and Nish, the boys better realize that they are not safe! :)

Good luck to all and happy pound dropping!

Iconised Ghost 05-26-2009 06:58 PM

luvja and nish- i heard italian guys are yummy, but hard work, that they tens to expect their girlfriends to do everything for them like their mothers do? Dunno how true that is but it puts me off :lol:

Stella- thanks :) Good luck at the weigh in, it might not be as bad as you think. Remember some of it will probably be water weight! Stick to your guns with your uni choice, your friends arent the ones who have to pay for it in the end

Nish- omg strawberries! I am so jealous. Its now headed for winter here and i miss summer fruit like crazy. Strawberries are one of the few ill eat. Good luck with the dietition, remember they are only there to give you advice, if you dont like it you dont have to take it ;) Of course, they prob know a lot about nutrition, but they might not know that much about you

DanSinDeva- i'll try not to :D Gotta get to the gym today. Gotta gotta gotta. My cat is looking better, she was rolling on my bed and purring and meowing nicely, she wants to go out (but shes got to stay in for a few days) and shes been washing her fur around the wound so its looking good. Good luck with summer school, know that i am jealous of you for the fact it is summer school and i am here freezing my butt off writing my thesis :D

Bjeweled- thats awful about your dog :( Esp when you want to comfort them and you cant because they're sore or just not feeling up to it. It is probably so much worse for us lol.

shantroy- w00t! :carrot: yay for cleaners! Even ones who lecture you lol

amyleigh- giving her lots of kisses :D good luck with the highschool, at least you were honest. Its probably something theyve all thought at some point lol

Miss shelly- yeah i feel so bad for my cat. Shes been sick, emergency vets twice in a month, 2 courses of antibiotics, one normal vet check up...poor thing! Apparently she has white coat hyper-temperature, where some cats have a temperature because they get nervous going to the vets :lol: her temp was around 40! Poor baby. So now i have to get a thermometer and check it at home otherwise everytime she goes to the vets shes going to get antibiotics for a temperature! Nice work with the walking. Yup thats pretty typical of universities. The beaurocracy sucks. Once you're in you're sweet though so dont give up on them :D

HeatherMcG 05-26-2009 07:04 PM

QUOTE OF THE WEEK:
Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew.
--Saint Francis de Sales

Here is a little inspiration for your day!

aneleh 05-26-2009 07:46 PM

welcome talina!

Shantroy- I haven't heard of lululemon's stolen from the locker room since high school! Haha. As much as I LOVE the stuff, eww someone else's still sweaty clothes? no thank you! I love the fact that they have an outlet store, sales everyday :D

luvja- boo sore throat! Hope you feel better soon. gah almost everytime i can go grocery shopping it's pouring rain, nothing like walking home and washing your groceries at the same time!

stellarosa- haha, you're so right! In my experience italian guys are SO high maintenance. Go ahead and do your masters anywhere you want to, it IS about what you put into it, and what you get out of it, not what school name is on the degree.

nish- are the strawberries sweet? they look white inside :O

DanSin- sounds like you had a crazy fun week, mm sangria.

Icon- when you mentioned checking your cat's temperature for some reason the picture in my head was you feeling it's forehead with the back of your palm. :D that wouldn't work would it? lol

Heather- that's a great quote, gonna save it!

As for me, I did day 2 level two of the 30DS today!! I think I was delirious from exertion but it seemed easier than the first time. lol. I can almost see my abs. I'm still blogging all my food, it's actually kind of fun! I just like seeing all the pretty pictures of good eats lol.

shantroy 05-26-2009 08:03 PM

aneleh, where is this lululemon outlet store you speak of!?! There certainly isn't one in Calgary!

Iconised Ghost 05-26-2009 08:17 PM

aneleh- nope, its gotta be the thermometer up the butt im afraid :lol: her ears felt pretty warm though but im not sure thats a fail safe way to check cats temperatures:dizzy:

stellarosa27 05-26-2009 08:42 PM

Hello again ladies :)

Yeah - I did a lot of research on the program today, and its pretty much exactly what I want. I'm going to call daddy tomorrow and talk about it then try to set up an appt with the director. Everyone else can kiss my butt, I'm the one who's going to be studying, while they sit at home and whine that they can't get into school.

The WI wasn't bad - I was down 0.4 (at least its not up) and I had heavy jewelery on...

Italian guys ARE high maintenance. The want a combination mother/girlfriend. My mom always said DON'T MARRY AN ITALIAN - even though she did.

I hope you all had a wonderful day - I'm going to pack my lunch for tomorrow and turn in early - gotta wake up to work out tomorrow :)

aneleh 05-26-2009 08:58 PM

shan- there's one in Vancouver, very hidden away! I don't know about Calgary though.

Taylor86 05-26-2009 09:54 PM

I am getting back on track tomorrow....

Yup.